Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

That's a fair statement since everybody is 70% less likeable in the show.

SO completely true.

And given the precedent set by True Blood it was fairly obvious that the show was going to break= away hard from the book at some point. I mean, Shane's continued existence is proof enough. On the last ep though: congrats on finally getting my attention. I'm still not wholly interested and watch this show as some kind of sick observation of fanboy ritual, but I saw what you did there, show.

On taking sides- Shane all day. He's bitter and Andrea's biting too hard off Linda Hamilton's schtick but stopped clocks are right twice a day, and given that they can can count the last vestiges of 'society' on two good hands there's no room for rehabilitation of w/e fancy ideas they have about the world. Dale's speech just made me resent him more. 'It's survival of the fittest? Well I don't want to live in THAT world' Fucking of course not because you're an old man. Bah. My complaint stands with this show that even at the possible end of the world people are still retarded.

First off I appreciate the CBS spoiler tag since I'm only ever caught up on the latest WD trade, I don't read the singles.

Second:

This episode really felt like the writers saying "Guess what, this ISN'T the comic". We've been kinda foreplaying around that fact for some time now but this episode really brought that point home. I think I like it for that, and look forward to what they are going to do in the future.

Edited by Bindusara

I forgot to mention this before, but the really rotten trick the writers played too was the scene with

Herschel & Glenn. Watching that I fully expected Herschel to be gone by the closing credits. Given the other big theme of the ep was Carl learning about Rick's sense of duty and 'taking care of his mistakes', and that zombie being the one he was fucking around with, Dale was clearly spiked to help shape Carl into well, something. I've said it before but I still fully expect Carl to defect to Shane in the event of a genuine calling sides scenario.

http://screenrant.co...ad-yman-156371/ Y'all heard about this too right? Apologies if it's old news.

Edited by The JZA

Let's calm down about Trejo being robbed of what was rightfully his role and enjoy this.

Seriously though, Trejo would have been great for the role on paper, but I wouldn't have been able to not see him as Trejo. It took me several episodes watching Daryl thinking "Meryl isn't Daryl's brother, Sean Patrick Flanery is, and Billy Connolly is their father, and what the fuck is he doing in Atlanta? Are there no more mobster scumbags left in Boston?" Trejo is way too iconic for me. He's like an entire genre for me.

Seriously though, Trejo would have been great for the role on paper, but I wouldn't have been able to not see him as Trejo. It took me several episodes watching Daryl thinking "Meryl isn't Daryl's brother, Sean Patrick Flanery is, and Billy Connolly is their father, and what the fuck is he doing in Atlanta? Are there no more mobster scumbags left in Boston?"

Were you also wondering what he was doing in space in Pandorum? Or helping Blade kill vampires?

I thought dale was annoying also.  He kept meddling in other's businesses, especially with blond chick.  In a world like this you gotta have choice.  Of course, you have to also be diplomatic with the group decision.  You can leave if you don't agree, no one is forcing you to stay, but respect the decision.

wait, daryl's t-dawg, or which one is he? cause he's been gone for like an episode or 2 now, idve traded him. Dale was not only a better actor than a few folks there, he was the team's conscience.

you know who else is happy to not have a conscience around? Shane. that's what you guys are, wannabe-shanes!