Hondo's Bar

Preacher

The NZA

• 1 month later...
haha, i dont smoke, and i totally did. boy scouts taught me to be prepared, and Resident Evil taught me you cant burn things and get hints/maps from them if you dont have fire.

Eli gave me a sweet fucking Zippo and I have no idea why, but it's all sexy and somehow LE, and would be perfect for a little 'Fuck Communism'ing, but I debate such a manouvre with such a sweet lighter.

• 1 year later...

Wait what the fuck

From Wiki

Caruso is currently working on a film adaptation for Y: The Last Man. It is rumored that it will be Caruso's third time working with LaBeouf. On July 24, 2009, it has also been announced that he will be working with Electronic Arts on a movie based on the hit game Dead Space. It was officially announced that he will directing the film adaptation of Preacher.

So he's already working on Y? With Shia La-most-punchable-face-in-hollywood-Beouf? I guess if asked I'd say I'd want the same person treating two of my favourite vertigo projects with great care and respect, but Idunno...

Disturbia wasn't awful as far as Hitchcock remakes go, and he has eps of The Shield in his resume. I was curious about I am Number Four anyways, so I guess I'll let that set some context for me.

Johnson's Preacher TV show fell under due to a lack of balls on the part of HBO, he was going to pursue it in movie form but the rights lapsed and Darren Aronofsky popped in (Of course Darren Aronofsky's main career seems to be getting involved with movies he'll never actually make) and now it's Caruso's.

The Y The Last Man thing feel through ages ago. And fuck the LeBeouf haters, he's the Kurt Russell of this generation.

I was gonna say Tom Hanks.

I'd say he's part young Tom Hanks, part young Dustin Hoffman.

Anyway, for a half a second there, I thought the star of CSI: Miami was directing Preacher. But this is DJ Caruso, not David Caruso.

I liked the idea of Sam Mendes on Preacher, and Caruso is a step in the wrong direction. And I would bet that a Preacher movie would NOT be shot intended to be a trilogy, the movie covering the first twenty some issues (the logical ending point of a first movie in a Preacher Trilogy ending at Massada). With a property like Preacher, they will want the whole story, start to finish, in one flick, and not a 3 hour flick, something closer to 120 minutes. The HBO/Showtime series model is clearly the best fit, but a trilogy would actually be pretty good too, but that will never happen.

The way I look at it, no matter who directs the Preacher movie, it will fail.

Ten years ago people were saying that about Watchmen. Preacher is extremely film-able there's just to obstacles. 1) Content: It's a movie that will offend anyone and everyone at one point or another and anything less is unfaithful to the material, 2) The Dune Problem - People want to spend 20 minutes describing what a literjon is and showing characters contemplating shit for long moments instead of just letting the story tell itself. I guarantee I could trim the fat off of Preacher and turn in a script for a 2-hour movie. It's a pretty simple 3 act story really.