Hondo's Bar

Preacher

The NZA

Well was it really too much to ask for Jesse

To kill someone tougher than Jodi for once? I mean Starr, God, The Saint, somebody? Cassidy doesn't count, he didn't kill him and he blindsided him to begin with. Between Jodi and the end he killed a bunch of lackies and Odin fucking Quincanon. I mean I woulda like to see he and the Saint go all Die Hard on the heavenly host then him drop down to Earth and do the rest. A bit unneccesary? Sure, but dammit this is Garth Ennis we're talking about, he's MR Unnecessary.

How do you know that?

Eccarius didn't have red eyes.

yeah but ecarrius only recently became a vampire, he most likely was sun deprived for only a couple of years, cass as we know has'nt seen sunlight for eighty years. to be honest i thought that was pretty obvious

Well was it really too much to ask for Jesse

To kill someone tougher than Jodi for once? I mean Starr, God, The Saint, somebody? Cassidy doesn't count, he didn't kill him and he blindsided him to begin with. Between Jodi and the end he killed a bunch of lackies and Odin fucking Quincanon. I mean I woulda like to see he and the Saint go all Die Hard on the heavenly host then him drop down to Earth and do the rest. A bit unneccesary? Sure, but dammit this is Garth Ennis we're talking about, he's MR Unnecessary.

yeah, i'm (what seems to be happening a lot lately) with baytor. but my main problem is with the romantic comedy ending, it's so bad i'd cast tom hanks and meg ryan to play jesse and tulip in the last episode.

it's definately the most un-ennis thing i've ever read, it still baffles me that he wrote it

baytor - oh, dont make jesse a paper champ, he beat cass! guy wasnt supposed to be a superhero, in my book...taking down jodi was impressive enough, certainly moreso than the deus ex way odin went down, id argue.

im just saying; if ennis gave us that Dire Hard ending, you mightve loved it more than you do Hitman, but finger on the pulse here, 'tor: it'dve been a small fanclub, heh.

ASC - oh, you hater of all things love.

i look past the poorly drawn tears and focus on the sunset, and all works out for me.

SO noone corroborating/arguing my eyes theory?

The thing with the shades is,

Cass was wearing shades in the flashbacks as soon as he was a vampire, less than the ten years Eccarius was a vampire. So the age, and about of time being a vampire don't fit, neither do the drugs (he started doing drugs in the 40's)

. So none of the theories put forward have made sense.

I think Cass wearing shades in flashbacks was just Cass being Cass. They looked more like Teashades anyways, to be honest.

By the 70's they definitely would have been more of a necessity, and by the time he met Eccarius his eyes would have been rooted completely.

Realistically, it's a ficticious series written by a madman. If we asked him(like the hundreds I'm assuming have previously), he'd probably look at the varying scenarios we've put forth and then just pick one at random and say 'I like that'.

Realistically, it's a ficticious series written by a madman. If we asked him(like the hundreds I'm assuming have previously), he'd probably look at the varying scenarios we've put forth and then just pick one at random and say 'I like that'.

Also known as the Quentin Tarantino response.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

C'mon, man, we'd all like to see Preacher on the screen, but let's look at it realistically. Preacher would basically be the most controversial film/television series of all time. It contains material that is highly offensive to just about any group of people, not to mention being filled to the brim with horrifying graphic violence and ridiculously taboo sex acts. The controversy and protests that sank the box office dreams of The Last Temptation of Christ, Dogma, The Golden Compass, etc would be nothing compared to the outcry that would assault Preacher once word of its subject matter got out. The audience for this series may be big in the comics community but in the film and television community it's pretty small. A studio would have to be out of their mind to think this project would be bankable.

It was a fun possibility while it lasted but did we really think we'd be seeing Arseface onscreen? Or the Last Scion throwing around his own shit? Or the Devil whipping the flesh from the Saint's back? Did we really think meat woman would actually be filmed, ever? It was never gonna happen.

C'mon, man, we'd all like to see Preacher on the screen, but let's look at it realistically. Preacher would basically be the most controversial film/television series of all time. It contains material that is highly offensive to just about any group of people, not to mention being filled to the brim with horrifying graphic violence and ridiculously taboo sex acts. The controversy and protests that sank the box office dreams of The Last Temptation of Christ, Dogma, The Golden Compass, etc would be nothing compared to the outcry that would assault Preacher once word of its subject matter got out. The audience for this series may be big in the comics community but in the film and television community it's pretty small. A studio would have to be out of their mind to think this project would be bankable.

It was a fun possibility while it lasted but did we really think we'd be seeing Arseface onscreen? Or the Last Scion throwing around his own shit? Or the Devil whipping the flesh from the Saint's back? Did we really think meat woman would actually be filmed, ever? It was never gonna happen.

Yeah you have a point but a man can dream.

Mah, at least this way it can be not cocked-up and remain intact in our eyes forever. If it was done, and unless it was perfect, you all know I'd(and I'd hope others) be on my soapbox saying once again it's better to not be done at all than done wrong ala Wanted, Punisher, etc.