Hondo's Bar

Preacher

The NZA

i remember having to wait two months before i could afford to buy 7.

it was tough

:pinch:

You had those answers coming longer than anyone I think. If I hadn't managed to sell my neighbors kids I don't know what I'da done.

Nah. the wait between 1/2 can't be compared to 6/7. By 6/7(and not to give anything away) the status quo has been turned on it's head, and despite your sound knowledge there are 3 more volumes, you feel genuine concern for each of the major characters and their welfare.

Baytor-between 1/2 or 6/7?

Nah. the wait between 1/2 can't be compared to 6/7. By 6/7(and not to give anything away) the status quo has been turned on it's head, and despite your sound knowledge there are 3 more volumes, you feel genuine concern for each of the major characters and their welfare.

Baytor-between 1/2 or 6/7?

Both

The last thing I saw from the beginning was

Tulip getting shot in the head

and then I skipped ahead to mid-series around the time where The Allfather comes in then I missed everything between the end of the Meatman and

Jessie losing his eye

then the note I went out on was his peyote dream. I think, I read scans out of order that I was able to snag off the internet one at a time. It sucked all kinds of balls. I still only have a vague understanding of how it ends (courtesy of wikipedia)

Edited by Iambaytor

That one stumped me too, but between the uh-huh and the torn blue suede shoes, Nick pointed it out as pretty obvious.

Baytor-I know what you mean, after first reading book 3, I picked up 1 & 2, then picked up 4 individual issues from key points like

Starr having his ear shot off & Jesus De Sade

, already covered in book 2,

Ms Oatlash and the Meatman

and finally, possibly the worst spoiler,

the last conversation in Hondos between Jesse & Cass- My thought process from reading up to volume 3 was something like 'So Jesse falls out of a plane and loses an eye, and somehow Cass tries to rape Tulip? What the FUCK

Shane, we put these spoiler tags on for a reason. Enjoy the book and do not open by any means.

Heh. It was an interesting take, you gotta admit. From memory I think my initial prgression went 3-2-1. Yeah, 2001 I found volume 3 in a public library, and the

inbred messiah

suckered me in, then went to a store in '02 and they only had 2 so I bought and read it before I realized they had a whole other shelf with the rest of the volumes.

I remember thinking if they ever did a movie, I'd love to see it open scene and dialogue, with the first page of volume 2. Having said that I still pray for the day there's a Preacher HBO series.

Edited by Skeeter
adding words

The first official Preacher I read was I think issues 4-7 the New York storyarc and that was all I read for some time till eventually I happened upon the Angelville issues then it was bits and pieces from there on. I have still never read the first issue.

Well it's no fucking wonder you're lukewarm about the series/ haven't sought it out on pain of death to complete. It's all well and good for me to say from here, but the NY arc is generally regarded(with the possible exception of Arseface's origin) as being Preacher's weakest/most forgettable moment.

You know, I think it was one of the ones I like more. As much as I liked all the killing and buggering and the Saint mutilating things it was when Garth stopped and just had Cassidy and Jessie sitting around telling stories that was my favorite parts. It's why I hold Hitman in higher regard, it captured that better. I mean I think probably my favorite issue was the one with Jessie sitting in the airport talking to his dad's old 'Nam buddy.

We may be talking about two separate things here: I'm talking about the NY arc with Supercop Bridges & John Tool, and Si(Cass' journo friend), alongside Arseface remeniscing his origin ala Forrest Gump. These two stories are in no way comparable to Cassidy's

two

origins, Space' Vietnam stories, or even Angelville or Tu's backtory late in the series. The latter made the series great, the former account for that small contingent of fans that are all 'oh man didja see where they drew the titties and said FUCK? I love that series, it's so hardcore'.

The first official Preacher I read was I think issues 4-7 the New York storyarc and that was all I read for some time till eventually I happened upon the Angelville issues then it was bits and pieces from there on. I have still never read the first issue.

i won't listen to this anymore HERE god damn it. i even tested her out for ya, not a drip loadsa seeds

We may be talking about two separate things here: I'm talking about the NY arc with Supercop Bridges & John Tool, and Si(Cass' journo friend),

i loved that arc (for me the first graphic was the best) especially the line

"we've just one question

is this your husbands scrotum?"

one of my fav lines of the whole run

also i think batyor's talkin' about cas and jesse on top of the empire state building

Edited by alive she cried

i won't listen to this anymore HERE god damn it. i even tested her out for ya, not a drip loadsa seeds

"User registration: Registrations are closed. If you have an invitation code, click here"

And yes I was talking about Jessie and Cassidy on the Empire State Building. And honestly Tool was a very interesting character.

"User registration: Registrations are closed. If you have an invitation code, click here"

And yes I was talking about Jessie and Cassidy on the Empire State Building. And honestly Tool was a very interesting character.

you're not a member of demonoid? :duh:

and to think i used to respect you.

i'm not sure if mh is saying she'll said you an invitation code, if not i'll send you one

Wow went to the comic store on Thrusdaya and came back with 3 trades. Vol 1 was just to plug the gap and 5 and 6 of course for obvious reasons. I can see what you mean skeet about the cliffhanger. Pretty awful.

Ive been waitin about three days and since im watchin every penny i dont think i'll get to 7 until i read your copy heh. I finshed 5 and 6 in about 3-4 hours total reading time on Thursday evening. My flatmates thought i was in a trance as at one stage i just sat motionless occassionally turning a page for a solid hour and a half.

Re-read Vol 1 too. The one character thats really grabbing my attention is Starr. "Mrs Prime Minister, how much does it cost to piss in your mouth?" "No really". He is just a ruthless bastard but with a no nonsense kind of likeability about him. The Allfather is the most quietly cruel character I have ever seen. Reminiscent of Marlon Brando in apocalypse now.