Hondo's Bar

Preacher

The NZA

Okay so, if you're like me and forget to take a picture reference with you, and even if against all odds you manage to translate the font and everything correctly, make sure you specify scale. Crim's lighter sends a more violent political message than unassuming comic reference. Reminds me of Surly McDuff and his DRINK DUFF BEER responsibly message.

FUCK communism indeed.

• 8 months later...
clint is still alive, asshole!

Clint was never right for the role, not even back in his "Man With No Name" days. Just because he happens to grimace a lot whilst wearing a cowboy hat doesn't mean that he looks like The Saint in any way shape or form. Maybe if we were casting the "Just a Pilgrim" movie, but we're not. Clancy Brown has the look and mannerisms perfectly, he even kinda resembles the Saint a little in the face, not to mention his trademark deep and intimidating voice would serve well to highlight that he's the ultimate badass.

Not really, Clint goes one of two ways, he's either always pissed off or quietly vengeful, The Saint seems to kill because he has nothing better to do, in fact he always seems more annoyed than angry. Besides, the only time Clint was ever vaguely Saint-like was in Gran Torino. The Saint is a psychopathic dick, not a grizzled old man.

i think clint should pull a raging bull and do dark knight returns, but thats for another thread lol. ive heard rumors of nick nolte as saint, but they were of the faintest. as long as samuel mutha fuckin jackson doesnt do it........

Not really, Clint goes one of two ways, he's either always pissed off or quietly vengeful, The Saint seems to kill because he has nothing better to do, in fact he always seems more annoyed than angry. Besides, the only time Clint was ever vaguely Saint-like was in Gran Torino. The Saint is a psychopathic dick, not a grizzled old man.

The Saint didnt strike you as always pissed? quietly vengeful? someone ought to re-watch High Plains Drifter.

i know we've argued this for a while now, but cmon - the character's concept/look comes from Unforgiven. the older Clint gets, the better he'd be for the part if we magically had that kinda budget. Putting the guy from Highlander over him only works if youre trying to be realistic about said budget.

yeah the saint is most definitely more pissed than annoyed. the guy

lost his family, went to hell, then finds out God himself murdered his family.

i think thats a little more than an annoyance. lol

Edited by The JZA
watch those spoilers

yeah the saint is most definitely more pissed than annoyed. the guy lost his family, went to hell, then finds out God himself murdered his family. i think thats a little more than an annoyance. lol

It wasn't just his family. His family was a chance at something more than he was ever offered in his entire life before then.

The Saint didnt strike you as always pissed? quietly vengeful? someone ought to re-watch High Plains Drifter.

i know we've argued this for a while now, but cmon - the character's concept/look comes from Unforgiven. the older Clint gets, the better he'd be for the part if we magically had that kinda budget. Putting the guy from Highlander over him only works if youre trying to be realistic about said budget.

He seemed pissed in a rather disinterested way and he didn't seem vengeful as he never really killed anybody that actually wronged him till the end, otherwise he just killed them in the same way a normal person smashes a bug. And if you're gonna compare Clint roles, Unforgiven was the closest thing to the Saint he's ever played in a western. High Plains Drifter and Pale Rider were his big revenge movies and neither of those were even close to the Saint (and I'm referring to how he was in the present-tense timeline not the origin story where he was indeed very Clint-like)

Man, Clancy Brown is so much more than "the guy from Highlander" that's like referring to Michael Madsen as "the dad in Free Willy." Brown was the sole good thing in a lot of bad movies like Pathfinder and Pet Semetery 2, then of course he was good in Lost, Earth 2, The Burrowers, and Starship Troopers and that's not even mentioning all his work as a voice actor. And if you doubt his ability watch The Shawshank Redemption or Carnivale. Clint doesn't look like the Saint, his voice wouldn't have fit and definitely wont now, and he's only vaguely skirted the type of performance required for the Saint of Killers, Clancy Brown has been pretty damn close on several occasions, looks like him, has a voice that fits the character, and the acting talent to back it up. If you want the cheap shitty alternative, call Ray Stevenson (though Stevenson would make a good Pilgrim.)

He seemed pissed in a rather disinterested way and he didn't seem vengeful as he never really killed anybody that actually wronged him till the end, otherwise he just killed them in the same way a normal person smashes a bug. And if you're gonna compare Clint roles, Unforgiven was the closest thing to the Saint he's ever played in a western. High Plains Drifter and Pale Rider were his big revenge movies and neither of those were even close to the Saint (and I'm referring to how he was in the present-tense timeline not the origin story where he was indeed very Clint-like)

Man, Clancy Brown is so much more than "the guy from Highlander" that's like referring to Michael Madsen as "the dad in Free Willy." Brown was the sole good thing in a lot of bad movies like Pathfinder and Pet Semetery 2, then of course he was good in Lost, Earth 2, The Burrowers, and Starship Troopers and that's not even mentioning all his work as a voice actor. And if you doubt his ability watch The Shawshank Redemption or Carnivale. Clint doesn't look like the Saint, his voice wouldn't have fit and definitely wont now, and he's only vaguely skirted the type of performance required for the Saint of Killers, Clancy Brown has been pretty damn close on several occasions, looks like him, has a voice that fits the character, and the acting talent to back it up. If you want the cheap shitty alternative, call Ray Stevenson (though Stevenson would make a good Pilgrim.)

I loved him in Shawshank Redemption and Carnivale. I just think Clint's got the personality down better.