Hondo's Bar

Movie Quotes

I'm ashamed that I didn't get the Fear and Loathing quote, but I easily remembered the Rush Hour 2 quote. (Sigh)

I'm also ashamed to be putting a quote from this movie up, too, but hey at least it isn't as bad as Kung Pow ;).

I dunno, I dunno, Oscar, who do you think you'd be?

Han Solo.

No, if anybody's anybody *I'm* Han. And you, you're Chewbacca.

Chewie? Have you even *seen* Star Wars?!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mm, alright, that was from Mystery Men. How 'bout a real easy one?

May I ask why you felt little Tiffany deserved to die?

Well she was the only one that actually seemed dangerous at the time, sir.

How'd you come to that conclusion?

Well, first I was gonna pop this guy hanging from the street light, and I realized, y'know, he's just working out. I mean, how would I feel if somebody come runnin' in the gym and bust me in my ass while I'm on the treadmill? Then I saw this snarling beast guy, and I noticed he had a tissue in his hand, and I'm realizing, y'know, he's not snarling, he's sneezing! Ain't no real threat there. Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinking, y'know, eight-year-old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of monsters, this time of night with quantum physics books? She about to start some shit, Zed. She's about eight years old, those books are WAY too advanced for her. If you ask me, I'd say she's up to something. And to be honest, I'd appreciate it if you eased up off my back about it. Or do I owe her an apology?

That was Will Smith on the shooting range in Men in Black.

Heres the best 'playing NHL on the Megadrive/Genesis' scene in a movie, EVER!

Trent: I wish they still had fights in this game so I could bitch-slap Wayne.

Mike: What? They don't have fighting anymore?

Trent: Doesn't that suck?

Mike: Why'd they get rid of the fighting? It was the best part of the old version.

Sue: I think kids were hittin' each other or somethin', man.

Trent: Yeah but you know what, Mike? You can make their heads bleed in this one.

Mike: Make somebody's head bleed.

Sue: No man, were in the playoffs.

Trent: Okay watch me make Gretzky's head bleed for superfan 99 over here.

Well I guess you can consider yourselves lucky you don't know that'n, as that was from Armageddon.

'S probably one of the longest "I love you" speeches in movie history, and one of the few times when this guy can actually act.

I love you. And not...not in a friendly way, although I think we're great friends. And not in a misplaced affection puppydog way, although I'm sure that's what you'll call it. I love you. Very, very simply. Very truly. You are the, the epitome of everything I have ever looked for in another human being. And I know that you think of me as just a friend and crossing that line is the furthest thing from an option you would ever consider, but...I had to say it. I just, I can't take this anymore. I can't stand next to you without wanting to hold you. I can't, I can't look into your eyes without feeling that, that longing you only read about in trashy romance novels. I can't talk to you without wanting to express my love for everything you are. And I know this will probably queer our friendship - no pun intended - but I had to say it, because I've never felt this way before. And you know, I don't care. I like who I am because of it. And if bringing this to light means we can't hang out anymore then...then that hurts me. But god, I couldn't allow another day to go by without just getting it out there, regardless of the outcome. Which, by the look on your face, is to be the inevitable shootdown. And you know, I'll accept that. But I know, I know, that some part of you is hesitating for a moment. And if there's a moment of hesitation then that means you feel something too. And all I ask - please - is that you just not dismiss that, and try to dwell on it, for just ten seconds. Alyssa, there isn't another soul on this fucking planet that has ever made me half the person I am with you, and I would risk this friendship for the chance to take it to the next plateau because it is there between you and me! You can't deny that! Even if.....even if we never talk again after tonight, please know, that I am forever changed because of who you and what you've meant to me.

You knew it for the same reason I knew it, it was a funny line. Yours is from Mallrats. This one is paraphrased since I'm having trouble accessing imdb.com to get it word for word:

Oh no! The water's going down. Look! It's already half empty!

Hmm, I'd say it's half full...

Will you stop that!

Well, this has obviously been more than 48 hours. That was from Rush Hour 2, I'd thought it'd be obvious. In what other movie does a chinese man and a black man talk about bitch-slapping each other?

Hey! That light? At the end of the tunnel? Guess what. That's not heaven. It's the C train!

Pulp Fiction. And no, it wasn't Porky's either. It was the last lines of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I figured IC would've gotten it, if he ever checks in here.

What the fuck...who the fuck fucked this fuckin'...how did you two fuckin' fucks...FUCK!

Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.

ha...airplane, great movie SiBob

Excuse me? Excuse me, senor? May I speak to you please? I asked for a mai tai, and they brought me a pina colada, and I said no salt, NO salt on the margarita, but it had salt on it, big grains of salt, floating in the glass...

ooooooook, since it looks like its only SiBob and I in the ring, I guess just we will duke it out...since none of you all seem to be playing...

that was monty python / holy grail

dunno if you have seen this or not SiBob

Are you quitting on me?! Well, are you?! Then quit, you slimy fucking walrus-looking piece of shit! Get the fuck off of my obstacle! Get the fuck down off of my obstacle! Now! Move it! I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world!

That's gotta be Full Metal Jacket.

I finally saw this movie. Great stuff. And one of the best monologues I've heard in a long time.

"Fuck me? Fuck you! Fuck you and this whole city and everyone in it. Fuck the panhandlers, grubbing for money, and smiling at me behind my back. Fuck the squeegee men dirtying up the clean windshield of my car. Get a fucking job! Fuck the Sikhs and the Pakistanis bombing down the avenues in decrepit cabs, curry steaming out their pores and stinking up my day. Terrorists in fucking training. SLOW THE FUCK DOWN! Fuck the Chelsea boys with their waxed chests and pumped up biceps. Going down on each other in my parks and on my piers, jiggling their dicks on my Channel 35. Fuck the Korean grocers with their pyramids of overpriced fruit and their tulips and roses wrapped in plastic. Ten years in the country, still no speaky English? Fuck the Russians in Brighton Beach. Mobster thugs sitting in cafés, sipping tea in little glasses, sugar cubes between their teeth. Wheelin' and dealin' and schemin'. Go back where you fucking came from! Fuck the black-hatted Chassidim, strolling up and down 47th street in their dirty gabardine with their dandruff. Selling South African apartheid diamonds! Fuck the Wall Street brokers. Self-styled masters of the universe. Michael Douglas, Gordon Gecko wannabe mother fuckers, figuring out new ways to rob hard working people blind. Send those Enron assholes to jail for fucking life! You think Bush and Cheney didn't know about that shit? Give me a fucking break! Inclone! Adelphia! Worldcom! Fuck the Puerto Ricans. 20 to a car, swelling up the welfare rolls, worst fuckin' parade in the city. And don't even get me started on the Dom-in-i-cans, because they make the Puerto Ricans look good. ;) Fuck the Bensonhurst Italians with their palmaded hair, their nylon warm-up suits, and their St. Anthony medallions. Swinging their Jason Giambi Louisville slugger baseball bats, trying to audition for the Sopranos. Fuck the Upper East Side wives with their Hermes scarves and their fifty-dollar Balducci artichokes. Overfed faces getting pulled and lifted and stretched, all taut and shiny. You're not fooling anybody, sweetheart! Fuck the uptown brothers. They never pass the ball, they don't want to play defense, they take five steps on every lay-up to the hoop. And then they want to turn around and blame everything on the white man. Slavery ended one hundred and thirty seven years ago. Move the fuck on! Fuck the corrupt cops with their anus violating plungers and their 41 shots, standing behind a blue wall of silence. You betray our trust! Fuck the priests who put their hands down some innocent child's pants. Fuck the church that protects them, delivering us into evil. And while you're at it, fuck JC! He got off easy! A day on the cross, a weekend in hell, and all the hallelujahs of the legioned angels for eternity! Try seven years in fuckin' Otisville, Jay! Fuck Osama Bin Laden, Alqaida, and backward-ass, cave-dwelling, fundamentalist assholes everywhere. On the names of innocent thousands murdered, I pray you spend the rest of eternity with your seventy-two whores roasting in a jet-fueled fire in hell. You towel headed camel jockeys can kiss my royal, Irish ass! Fuck Jacob Elinsky - whining malcontent. Fuck Francis Xavier Slaughtery, my best friend - judging me while he stares at my girlfriend's ass. Fuck Naturelle Riviera. I gave her my trust and she stabbed me in the back. Sold me up the river. Fucking bitch. Fuck my father with his endless grief standing behind that bar, sipping on club soda, selling whiskey to firemen and cheering the Bronx bombers. Fuck this whole city and everyone in it. From the rowhouses of Astoria to the penthouses on Park Avenue. From the projects in the Bronx to the lofts in Soho. From the tenements in Alphabet City to the brownstones in Park Slope to the split-levels in Staten Island. Let an earthquake crumble it, let the fires rage, let it burn to fucking ash and then let the waters rise and submerge this whole rat-infested place. No... No, fuck you, Montgomery Brogan. You had it all and you threw it away you dumb FUCK!"

Archived