Hondo's Bar

The answers to your questions

The NZA

I just wanted to know if you (or anybody else, speak up if you have) had ever heard anything more ridiculous in your whole life. Because if you (or anybody else) had, I'd liek to know what could possibly be more rediculous that that.

#1) What's the Greatest Syndicated Comic Strip of All Time?

#2) Why haven't you voted for the Greatest Syndicated Comic Strip of All Time?

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the Greatest Syndicated Comic Strip of All Time?

"Drawing the Line", of course....heh. Peanuts is up there, tho i too tend to lean towards Calvin & Hobbes, got alla books except the last one.

Why haven't you voted for the Greatest Syndicated Comic Strip of All Time?

I did, i voted C&H, just didnt write back on there yet...was thinkin of movin it to culture but migth not, undecided. I was hopin somebody'd comment on my "Mega Con" thread but, ah well, there's plenty of time.

i) How come those mooks on VH1's "I love the 80s" are mocking Biz Markie? Do they not know that he's the man?

ii) Red Stripe. Best beer ever or just a nasty rumour that I started?

iii) Is Kobe a dirt bird or like Billy Joel sang an innocent man?

iv) Being all knowing, does that mean that you expect the spanish inquisition?

How come those mooks on VH1's "I love the 80s" are mocking Biz Markie? Do they not know that he's the man?

They dont respect the man who writes his rhymes on toilet paper..? How you gonna hate on Biz...look man, theyre VH-1, they only dont come out & beg for more Kenny G & Streissand cause theyre PR groups told them theyve been irrelevant since the pop-up video thing got stale. In the early 90's, they had to "deal" with Hootie (but not his blowfish) being black; it was worse than MTV with Michael back inna day.

Red Stripe. Best beer ever or just a nasty rumour that I started?

You know, omniscience also dont mean ive tried this beer yet. My roomie :D is on a skuny beer trend lately, so im cautious too. This one venezualan one was the tops; michelob - tho its the beer of philosophers, apparently - was swill.

Im leanin towards your latter option, but i will give it a go at some point. Couldnt possibly be worse than Pap's blue ribbon.

Is Kobe a dirt bird or like Billy Joel sang an innocent man?

Not to hate, but if Kobe didnt hit that dirty like a free dolla button, then im'a play point gaurd. No, i wasnt there, but cmon now. I think we only care cause everyone wants to see if his chick Hilary's it up & stands by him till the heat dies down or sends him packin, which, in front of a court, would really fuck his shit up.

Being all knowing, does that mean that you expect the spanish inquisition?

Well, i dont see why i woudlnt, if i...waitaminnit; nobody expects the spanish inquisition!

Hah, caught that one, Tulip.

PS do not be fooled into thinkin your questions distract me from the war!

1) Some people wanna fill the world with silly love songs. What's wrong with that?

2) Put The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, South Park, Clerks Animated and The Critic in order of greatest...Go!

3) Has MTV done anything in its 20+ years history that hasn't inflicted brain atrophy on the youth that watch it (besides Daria, which was cool)?

Some people wanna fill the world with silly love songs. What's wrong with that?

Me? I'd like to know

cause here I go again

I love you, I love you

I love you, I love you

Put The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, South Park, Clerks Animated and The Critic in order of greatest...Go!

Subjective insights follow.

1) Simpsons, perhaps for longevity

2) Family Guy

3) Futurama/Critic (leanin towards critic)

4) Clerks..funny, but there's not much of it.

Has MTV done anything in its 20+ years history that hasn't inflicted brain atrophy on the youth that watch it (besides Daria, which was cool)?

Uhm...The Maxx animated series was excellent, and i liked "The Head". Beavis & Butthead are noteworthy. I hear the new Spidey's fun. And they, uh, they rock the vote, for what its worth.

Beyond that, nothing comes to mind.

why do i still have to be in "rising members" with all the no-shows?  is it just post numbers?  cause if not i've been here twice as long as people with special categories.  :\  i know me freebird ain't comin back.

Well, youre sporadic but youre here, and all ya had to do was ask... :D

what is a web log/blog thing?

A web log/blog thing is one of those livejournal/daily "here's what i did today!" things...the old frontpage to this site was Yahven's, most people keep them in various internet spots & hope everyone wil read & comment on their annecdotes and zany hijinx, because they have such insightful things to say and their lives are just like that character in a sitcom...

Dont get me wrong, some are nice, and hey no one has a gun to your head to read em, but many are filled with bad poetry and just...the idea is rather egotistical. The only one ive ever read was Warren Ellis, writer of Transmetropolitan, and he's crazy.

I limit my adventures to blargh posts & a handful of threads in town square, but i really dont like to get into shit unless i got a story to tell, like Biggie.

I didnt, did I? Oh...neck and neck with Family Guy; weve been watching seasons 1-2 on DVD over here, damn fine stuff. South Park - i havent seen lately, im hopin it hasnt lost its edge.

Why is computer solitare so addictive?

Because were just that fucking disconnected from others & nature that a repetitve, solo game on PC where you dont have to shuffle the cards or throw out the jokers & rule ones is our idea of fullfillment.

Pardon me, im off to hug a tree.

i) I got the scoop about the Preacher flick from Kevin Smith. What's it worth?

ii) Will the "busty asian girl" marry me?

iii) For cash?

iv) How much did I piss off the taxi driver tonight by getting him to play DEVO?

v) Why was I the only drunkard at the Stash Bash?

vi) How can I still type?

vii) I was told that I can dress up for Hallow'een night in work...should I?

viii) If so what should I dress up as?

ix) In homage to Preacher's - Dude, where's my pubes?

x) Will RobitussinEF ever quit playing games with my heart?

xi) Eleven Questions. A new record. Was it as good for you as it was for me?

Sex with an animal: Is there any time it's OK?

"Do you really love animals?"

"Only when its cold enough..."

Assumin youre not taking the "humans as mammals" science bit..uh, if every human is dead, and...no, no not really. Though some speak highly of dolphins.

I got the scoop about the Preacher flick from Kevin Smith. What's it worth?

The clockman fuckin' diamond and all of the gold in Old Dirty Bastard's teeth, now sober up & share, whore!

Will the "busty asian girl" marry me?

Well...she's in cali, and from her email, she spoke fairly good english, so im guessin she's a citizen. Plus, look at those knockers, theyre not headin south for a long time, especially if theyre as fake as they look. But hey, asian women dont always age so well, so if youre patient, i dont see why not.

For cash?

Heh...said she was from cali, didnt I...? :D

How much did I piss off the taxi driver tonight by getting him to play DEVO?

Hasmir Qziklmpctzur made a comment after you left, but his heart wasn't in it. Its just, you made him change the station from Benny Mardones "Into the Night", and he loves that song, dammit.

Why was I the only drunkard at the Stash Bash?

Others hold their liqour well...? Cmon man, you had more $ to burn than most, and we all know Smith brought you kids in there for the shakedown; we'll find out tomorrow how much he took ya for...

How can I still type?

The number of clicks on "shame? what shame?" and "busty asian girl" tell me you can clearly type with one hand; im sure using both, but inebbriated inebra emu really fuckin trashed, you can manage.

I was told that I can dress up for Hallow'een night in work...should I?

Yes and no.

If so what should I dress up as?

Well, your ideas thus far need work. The school girl outfit will raise more questions than answers, and playing Spacker Dave - though genius - will be wasted outside of you & me, even if you do the current version of 'im.

Have you thought of going as a ninja? Most kids do Spider-Man, so you might be the only ninja, and that's the bees knees right there. That, or Max Headroom.

In homage to Preacher's - Dude, where's my pubes?

Wow, the old database there crapped out, cant find that one, but i did find what you were looking for, more or less.

Will RobitussinEF ever quit playing games with my heart?

Wonder Mike of the Sugar Hill Gang once said this on EF:

"I say, ho-tel, mo-tel, holidae inn (say what?)

if tussin start actin' up, then you call her friend..."

Eleven Questions. A new record. Was it as good for you as it was for me?

*sigh* Well, honestly 2T, not really, but its ok, this kind of thing happens to guys like you all the time... :D

Considering the kind of movie Jersey Girl is looking to be, can we make the assumption that View Askew movies will forever follow a multiple of three rule (following a similar model to the Star trek odd/even rule)?:

3x+1 = Good movie, lots of laughs, makes you think, critically acclaimed.

3x+2 = The fans like it, but that's about it, straight up comedy, no thinking, critically comdemned.

3x+0 = Great movie, lots of laughs, romantic, moves you and makes you cry, hailed by critics as greatest movie ever, wins a bunch of spirit awards.

would it be considered crass to grab your supervisors ass and tell her that you will 'feelyalater' as you go to lunch?

No. Your supervisor's a chick, right? Not that there's anything wrong with that, if she's not. But if he's not down, you could get fired, and clocked. But itll break the monotony, either way.

would you say  shave it all - leave a lil for looks - all hail bush

...have you been drinkin? Hah..

Some chicks fuss that if you have em shave it all, its some kinda lolita complex. I say, fuck that, i dont need to choke on bush or get all that funkiness; just tell em you might go down more if they tidy up and boom, clean chocha.

So, somewhere between "it all" and "leave a lil"

Considering the kind of movie Jersey Girl is looking to be, can we make the assumption that View Askew movies will forever follow a multiple of three rule (following a similar model to the Star trek odd/even rule)?:

3x+1 = Good movie, lots of laughs, makes you think, critically acclaimed.

3x+2 = The fans like it, but that's about it, straight up comedy, no thinking, critically comdemned.

3x+0 = Great movie, lots of laughs, romantic, moves you and makes you cry, hailed by critics as greatest movie ever, wins a bunch of spirit awards.

Wait...youve got:

1) Clerks

2) Mallrats

3) Chasing Amy

4) Dogma

5) Jay & Bob

..and were not countin the animated one, Vulgar, any of that, right? I say we need a few more to see a pattern. Dont know what a spirit award is, but i can see your search for a pattern, just...cmon, none of the Trek movies were good. That borg one was ok, thats bout it.

If youre askin me, tho - and the threads about that, so its a fair assumption - yeah, youre right, the odd #'s are stronger than the even ones, so...eh, im not lookin for Chasing Amy, just dont give the critics somethin to add to that Gihli one for taunts, ya know?

1) Why won't you vote in the new poll over at Preacher's?

2) Did you have a brain tumor for breakfast?

3) What's your damage?

4) Did you get the reference from #2 and #3?

5) The Breakfast Club or St. Elmo's Fire?

6) The Brat Pack, or The Rat Pack?

7) Dean Martin or Joey Bishop?

Archived