Hondo's Bar

Nintendo Wii

The NZA

This site has a lot of great screenshots for upcoming games.

Still most hyped bout Zelda ("all of them. again and again."), Sonic, Red Steel and a few others....swear to god, they had what looked like the RE1 mansion shot. they re-do that game again, capcom's gettin a letter.

anyway, site's buggy but if its working, theres like 30 pages of pics.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone check out that last link, with all the screenshots...?

Anyway, did some research, here's some more helpful links, a week before its release:

Nintendo Wii to use Opera browser - free for the first 6 months, as i read it.

The Wii virtual console (emulator) list - Lotta great info on Wiki, including this:

US: NES ($5), SNES ($8), N64 ($10), Genesis ($8), Turbografx 16 ($6)

This is the table of classic games that will be available for download on the Virtual Console Service. More and more games will be available for download on the Virtual Console as time passes by. 10 titles per month will be added starting in January 2007.

NES

Baseball

Donkey Kong

Duck Hunt

Donkey Kong Jr.

Dr. Mario

Excitebike

Hogan's Alley

Ice Climber

Ice Hockey

Kid Icarus

Kirby's Adventure

Mario Bros.

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!

Pinball

Pro Wrestling

Soccer

Solomon's Key

Tennis

The Legend of Zelda

Urban Champion

Wario's Woods

Wild Gunman

SNES (what the...? japan's gettin way better titles, like Zelda: LTTP, Castlevania IV, SF II & Contra III!)

F-Zero

Kirby's Dream Land 3

Kirby Super Star

Pilotwings

SimCity

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Super Metroid

N64

Mario Kart 64

Star Fox 64

Super Mario 64 :yup:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Sega Genesis

Altered Beast

Columns

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

Ecco the Dolphin

Golden Axe

Gunstar Heroes :2T:

Ristar

Sonic The Hedgehog

Space Harrier II

ToeJam & Earl :yup: :yup:

Turbografx 16

Bonk’s Adventure

Super Star Soldier

Victory Run

Bomberman ’93

Dungeon Explorer

(id better see Cosmic Fantasy II later on)

So, there's the launch downloads, not bad!

Now, youll need the Wii Classic controller to play them, casue of how they were originally designed and all. Its $20 opening day, or $40 later with a 5,000 wii point card, which if you want to buy any games, that means its worth about $25, so its a good deal.

Oh, and im reading $20 for Nunchuk and $40 for the Wii-mote. As for batteries...

The pointer will accept two AA alkaline batteries, which will keep it going for a considerable amount of time. If the precision aim functionality of the pointer is being used in games, the device will run for approximately 30 hours. If only the accelerometer functionality is being utilized, the Wii-mote will operate for 60 hours on two AA batteries.

Oh, and im reading $20 for Nunchuk and $40 for the Wii-mote. As for batteries...

Any word on any third party companies (or possible Nintendo itself) releasing an after-market controller with a rechargable battery cell (either plug-in like a cell phone, or a charging port like a cordless phone)? I operated the 5 Game Boys, 2 Game Gears and 1 Virtual Boy I've own over the period of my life with rechargable battery pack. Worth it every time.

Yeah the no rechargeablke battery pack available is what kinda irks me. If I have been using the 360 using regular batteries I would have spent at LEAST $100 in batteries by now. I mean without a bettery solution and quick the Wii could end up costing more than a PS3 by the time it's life is over. Ok, not really, but a fucking lot.

I mean it seems like a no brainer. I can't understand WHY nintendo wouldn't offer a FP battery pack avaiable at launch. I mean MS is cleaning up on their play and charge kits.

Yeah the no rechargeablke battery pack available is what kinda irks me. If I have been using the 360 using regular batteries I would have spent at LEAST $100 in batteries by now. I mean without a bettery solution and quick the Wii could end up costing more than a PS3 by the time it's life is over. Ok, not really, but a fucking lot.

I mean it seems like a no brainer. I can't understand WHY nintendo wouldn't offer a FP battery pack avaiable at launch. I mean MS is cleaning up on their play and charge kits.

There's not some specific brand battery that must be used (that Nintendo owns), is there?

Maybe the reason they can charge so ittle for their system is due to the generous kickbacks they're getting from the Battery industry lobbyists.

Seriously, I don't typically care for 3rd party controllers, but if Nintendo doesn't get a rechargable controller or rechargable battery pack, should I decide to get the Wii just for Mario and Zelda, and a third party controller does have a rechargable function, I'll buy that one.

• 2 weeks later...

fuck a 360, get your own thread, haters.

ive been hearing about those who landed a Wii, and im jealous, but every day i play Gamefly's win-a-wii contest and everyday i die a little inside.

i expect to get one next spring/summer or so. I still havnet made up my mind next-gen wise on PS3 or 360, prolly wont for at least a year im expecting, but the Wii's a sure thing for me.

ps arch - i dont think it flying/breaking is as big an issue as youd think, from what ive read.

Yeah, i cant believe im a bit excited about a sports pack. For me, the coolest-looking uses of the controller are Zelda & Trauma Center: 2nd Opinion.

Junker says the later has buttons on it that make you feel like your clamping down on forseps during surgery. That's so cool.

well now I dont' need just one but 2 seems my dad wants one for christmas :blink: lol trauma center is a blast on the DS so i can't wait for the wii version(must find console.... want to touch my wii) oh and in the t-shirt idea range who would rock a "Reggie touch my wii" shirt? (reggie being reggie fil-aims of nintendo.)