Hondo's Bar

Nintendo Wii

The NZA

haha...wow.

hey, while were busting each other here, the gamestop i went to? some dumb kids had basically busted the wii controller. I dont know that it was 100% working or not, i - like panch said - was already on nintendo's nuts, so it didnt take much. i just thought it looks really fucking cool and cant wait to see it applied to certain games, but...panch was right! :ninja:

Best Buy told Jax they wont be regularly in stock till March. fuck is that?! im still holding out hope for one by my birthday party. If we gotta celebrate that in march, fuck it, itll be my birthday/Smash Bros by god!

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its just so sad!

saw Oppai at my party, his chick has family working for target or some place, so they apparently got one :ninja: but its funny, cause before they did, they were some of the people (ive met several) who were picking up all the accessories - wii-motes, nunchuks, wii points etc - while waiting!

well those people crazy as they seem had the right idea

I got wii play just for teh extra remote, they're €45, but i got wii play for €49.99 and it came with one.

The nunchucks are hard to get, and i'm gonna get my points on line, they're cheaper.... no store mark up on them. Want to get a second nunchuck so me and jan can kick the shit out of each other in wii sports boxing

I got mine, i'm a member of boards.ie a forum, and there were guys reserving them all over the country, you get a reserve code, then you've 48 hrs to collect, so way i figured. anywhere within one hours drive is close enough, and a guy had one, so he pm'd it to me, totally kosher, www.argos.ie for details on the reserve...

In Ireland they have bundled WiiPlay with a Wiimote and sell it for 49.99

I dunno if they have anything similar with you.

Re the points i imagine you can buy them direct from Nintendo's Website rather than paying a shop. Some shops sell 2000 points over here for €40 which is double the RRP.

Basically 1 point should equal 1c. Therefore 100 equals $1 or €1... you see what i'm saying here... but the games on the channel are quite good, yet to buy any, but i believe you guys get a larger selection in the virtual console.

Doj, no offense mate, but your full of shit,

I don't know of any shop that has had demo wii's in before or even since launch,

At all. I know they did wii roadshows, but there weren't many of them.

I got to play the Wii briefly at Virgin Megastores before I got the chance to play it properly, it was a demo of Medal of Honour, or Call of Duty, or some World War 2 game, whatever it was it didn't port over well. Luckily I reserved judgement untill I got to play it the way its meant to be played, with friends, while drunk.

I got to play the Wii briefly at Virgin Megastores before I got the chance to play it properly, it was a demo of Medal of Honour, or Call of Duty, or some World War 2 game, whatever it was it didn't port over well. Luckily I reserved judgement untill I got to play it the way its meant to be played, with friends, while drunk.

Personally i don't think the wii is made for games like that, thats why there is the xbox 360, PS3 and PCs!

Its a whole social gaming thing, yeah you've your xbox live and shit, but nothing beats having four people with you pissed, playing bowling on wii sports, or wario ware when it comes out.

Its very like Mario Kart on the N64, man that was an awesome four player.

Over here i've not seen one in any shops, HMV, Virgin, Game, Gamestop, nada.

Edited by soldier of fortune

4 players: Sweet.

Did I get it?: No, and this guy is being a total deadbeat regarding sending me a tracking number. I'm kinda pissed about it. I payed the mornign of the 2nd, didn't get his confirmationt hat he sent it out til 10:30pm on the 3rd, and still have no tracking number to know when I can expect it. Assuming I get the Wii in working order, this douschebag is getting a Neutral review from me!

Yeah, the description said "Used", that was my ault, but he was listed as Miami Beach. I emailed him a day before the end of the auction asking if a pick up could be arranged if I won, but when I got no response as the auction hit 1 minute, I bid anyway.

I just got an email from him saying he's in Indiana and doesn't have the tracking number. Neutral review is almost a lock at this point.

106427377457465393346b.gif

wait, didnt he say NY before? this guy has other feedback, right? find out how he sent it, he might be able to get a tracking # for you.

Also:

for those of you (like myself) concerned over the lack of rechargable batteries, i forget if i posted the link, but this thing should be out soon:

Wii docking station, just like an ipod's.

i used the word concern with ref to the nick's post about rechargable batteries.

Oh, I thought you meant my only concern with gettign a used system is that the Wii Remote's batteries would be near drained. I was thinking "That's like buying a BMW and worrying that your buying it with only a 1/4 tank."

Well, I got it today. Been play for about three hours. Despite playing alone, it's more fun than I expected, and my expectations are high. My sister and cousin are coming over tonight and I'm sure It'll be off the hook. I bowled a 201, I'm 4-0 in boxing, I'm dominating in Baseball, I can win Tennis games, but not the challenges in training (with the targets), and Golf is kicking my ass.

I'm having trouble connecting o the WiiNetwork. It sees my wireless connection, but doesn't connect. That'll be for later.

The guy didn't send me a receipt, so I'm going to harass him to send it to me.