Hondo's Bar

Your collection

The NZA

So... Its been a while since anyone posted here. Its time to show what you got (Besides Skeet, that he showed his new fortress).

I know newtype and Nick will be posting here soon.

I finally bought a decent bookshelf, and its nice to have everything oredered.

2280957999_14666095a0_b.jpg

2281749262_a4498c8010_b.jpg

2281749422_1f1fc0b714_b.jpg

2280957701_b49794fd77_b.jpg

2280957859_c9e0101d92_b.jpg

A couple of new books, not too much...

sharp collection as always, boogie. really nice.

im not looking to add many more books, the list of things i need to replace is pretty small, what with Absolute Sandman finally coming about, so for now im just waiting on backorder for Rising Stars compendium, and whenever that Scud Omnibus makes it out, so i can have everyone read it.

that said, these target/wal-mart bookcases just arent holding up to the sheer weight of marvel HC's, much less omnibus'. Anyone got suggestions? i figure i should check goodwill for some heavy oak ones or something. thing is, i only need one just a bit larger than mine, cause i dont have room for another, and again, outside of mebbe Berserk, im not looking to add much more.

• 1 month later...

Y'all need to post updated Pics damnit!! Hey Nick y'wanna know something hilarious? You musta mentioned Call of Duty a bunch've times but it never occured to me to mention that Comics Etc(the $1 back issue place) has had a few CoD posters sitting in their $2 bin for the last couple years. Every time I'm in there I think 'I gotta pick one up for if I ever see Nick'.

I won't bother to photograph mine, it's rather sad.

Complete Walking Dead trades 1-7 (8 will be added when it's out)

FAMILYVALUEStpb032505.jpg

Family Values: the very best of Miller's Sin City stories

Sin City Volume 6: Booze Broads and Bullets

30days.jpg

30 Days of Night: Didn't wow me, it seemed like a lot of potential that went nowhere. I found the movie and the novelization to be much better stories. Also the art gargles balls.

promethea_book_1_tpb.jpg

Promethea: Book 1 - Once again, lot of potential for the storyline and in any other hands it would've been. But Alan Moore's favor for far too much narration and grandios style of storytelling ruined this book.

neverwhere-neil-gaiman-graphic-nove.jpg

Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. Great book, some of the visual choices are a bit questionable (like the Marquis De Carabas) but they were all quite good.

Identity_Crisis-l-01.jpg

death_of_superman_big_1.jpg

batman-the-dark-knight-returns.jpg

jonahhexoriginsTP.jpg

I'm a big Jonah Hex fan but this book is a bit weak. The art ranges from great to terrible and most of the stories are a bit dull.

h289.jpg

Ah the book that launched a thousand Goth Fangirls. Okay, I'm just gonna come out and say this. I'm a big fan of Neil Gaiman. Read American Gods, Neverwhere, Stardust, some of his short stories. That being said, this book is horrible. And woah, stop, don't even post. Yes I get it, I get where it's coming from. The art is terrible, the story is convoluted and boring. Now I will say this, I didn't HATE it, otherwise it would be adorning the shelf at Half Price books rather than my bedroom. The portion of the story in Hell was beautifully written and I immensely enjoyed it and there were bits and pieces throughout which felt like the type of writing I've come to enjoy from Gaiman. The rest was just a dark-for-the-sake-of-dark dull "look at me I'm lyrical" circle jerk and I read most of the book just to see what character cameos I could pick out from other DC/Veritgo books. This is easily the weakest and most overrated thing Gaiman has written and I was very disappointed by it for that reason.

2610-1.jpg

ghost-rider-damnation.jpg

My dream come true. Ghost Rider was meant for Ennis to write and he did it suberbly, ignoring all previous canon and doing his own thing he did it very well. Also of note, the art in this book is gorgeous, it seems like what Glen Fabry was trying to with the Preacher covers but its succeeds where I feel the covers failed.

TOXIN_TPB.jpg

Toxin: The Devil You Know - One of Marvel's most promising new characters, the best symbiote ever written better than Carnage, better than Venom. And then when this Civil War bullshit rolled around he got cast to fuck knows where and hasn't been heard from since. Oh fucking well.

MAY062026.jpg

New Avengers Volume 2: Sentry - Opposite side of the coin, Marvel's least promising character. I hate the Sentry and his yellow clad Carnage eviscerating fair haired stupid ass. But the book is well written and the parts that don't deal much with The Sentry are actually pretty good.

e7c9828fd7a00df43f993110_AA240_L.jpg

Very fun book, no real point to it but an amusing read.

zombies.jpg

marvel_vs_aod01a.jpg

Edited by Iambaytor
  • Downvote 1

SHow us better, Newt. I blew cash like you don't wanna know so's I could roll with the big dogs, and to get such kudos from Nick I'm starting to wonder if the student has surpassed the sensei.... :P

I want to post the new stuff but to quote Skeeter

Boogie, we both gonna make out way over to Miami & you can hold Newt down while I loot his shit. we'll split if 60/40 yeah?

I'ma hurt my back moving all those heavy, heavy HCs, hence the uneven split to cover chiro. And don't even try claiming Newt can fight. Jax told me Newt just rolls over like a little girl any time you growl at him like Wolverine or someshit.

Brother, you are simply begging to be broken into, sodomised & robbed on my Stateside tour. Wear some iron undies.

I swear if my visit to the States coincides with a masked vigilante changing the locks on your apartment & claiming it's contents for his or her own, I will not be held responsible!!.

Dear Newtype.

You can't watch you back 24/7. See, I'm Australian which means my accent has a generally disarming effect on people, especially weak-minded Yanks(it's the motherfucking Jedi mind trick. 2T knows what I'm sayin'), so one've your friends will inwittingly offer a small & seemingly inoccuous piece of information about you, which will be all I need to stalk you like the too-much-cool-shit-to-keep-to-one-person-buyin'-animal you are. Hell, you think I'm joking, so you'll probably offer me your daily schedule AND your address to goad me with your confidence that you're untouchable. I like you Newtype, you've a wonderfully fanboy-ish sensibility(btw, what size shirt are you? I swear every pic I've seen of you features a DC icon), but I simply want everything you have, and without the finance nor the inclination to earn such a boon honestly, I will be forced to shoulder away my own morals in order to take your shit.

To everyone else, if things go horribly wrong, don't wonder why at some random point why Newtype doesn't know his real name, starts speaking with an accent, or is unexplainably whiter than how you previously knew him. It's fanboy metamorphosis.

cant really argue as much as id care to with baytor here; again, if sandman comes off that way, it was like the only kid on the block doing it at the time (that i recall) for what that's worth.

im glad somebody else didnt think Ben Templesmith was this new messiah of horror art (i honestly dont know what happens in his "action" scenes). But...Toxin? really? i know you dig that painter/artist (and he's awesome, at that) but i read his mini and i felt like i missed the boat.

and im a man who bought "Planet of the Symbiotes" in the day, too.

True Gaiman started it but I just found most of the story to be dull and my eyes rolled at a few points. Like I said I enjoyed it, I just didn't see the glorious beamed from heaven book that everyone else saw.

And yes Templesmith is fucking horrible, I mean he makes Millar's pencil skills in Sin City look like a masterpiece and then rather than shading he just splatters ink all over everything and then gives it a few fades in digital inking and voila you have a piece of shit with fangs.

It was a fresh spin on the symbiote thing. A new character I could really get behind because he was a regular guy for one and not some egotistical photographer (I love ya anyway Eddie), a psychotic maniac, or another stupid ass super villain that was cooler without the suit. And the idea of how Toxin is childlike, it goes against the grain of how up to this point the symbiotes have been shown as inherently evil. It put a new spin on a lot of things and it was a character that I was really seeing a lot of potential for and then Civil War and Toxin's like hanging out with The Runaways and Nextwave in limbo somewhere while we find out what catastrophe plagues the Marvel universe this month.