Hondo's Bar

X-men Origins: Wolverine

i still say ben was good for Matt, it was a stretch for DD but that might have had more to do with the S&M costume.

again, if i was asked how to make that costume not look S&M, id not have many ideas, though.

Not making it out of leather would be a good start.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

obviously, if you're going to make a sequel to perfection, you start out aiming for 11/10. shoot for the stars, and something something the stratosphere.

i do like that jax's post reminded me how You Said Your Damn Ninja Would Take Care Of Robocop Productions is still the greatest named thing ever.

• 7 months later...

Nah, I'll defend Sabretooth. Sure the hissing was a bit much but overall the best rendition of Victor Creed outside of the comics yet(and yes that includes Cartoons). I still haven't been able to make it through to the end of this again, yet either. It's like I get to the Gambit alley fight scene and suddenly I'm acutely aware of the hundred better things I could & should be doing.

yeah, ill 2nd JZA 2nding axel on Creed; there's a long list of shit wrong with this flick, he's not anywhere on it. dude was way better than Tyler Mane.

JZA - youve not finished it? aw, man, the things you've missed. the ball-kicker(s) all take place in the last half-hour or so, so next time you're in the mood to relive those "i think i wanna read Loeb's take on the Ultimates" type moments, you've got quite the treat in store.

No I watched it in Cinema, I just haven't been able to bring myself to finish it since. Pretty much everything up to Gambit was forgivable, and the rest goes into the same vault as X-3, The Tom Jane Punisher & Superman Returns for infamy, and like Batman Forever & Robin, one day I'll watch them again just to see if it was all as bad as I remembered.

i respect your optimism, that either a) they'll age well, or b) you'll be more accepting as time goes by.

fuck, i watched Batman & Robin again last year with rifftrax, and i had to leave the room a few times.

*for a special exercise, whenever you do this, help test a theory of mine: watch the trailers to X3, Wolvy: Origins, Spidey 3, Supes Returns etc first. youll have the weirdest feeling of "this looks like it'd be a great movie!" juxtaposed with the knowledge that what you just watched was a 45 second false bill of goods, despite those scenes being in the film.

I resent your invocation of Spidey 3, but know exactly what you mean. It's what I call 'the Orange Julius effect'.

I can watch the lesser works of Schumacher now without too much rage. Nolan granting my eternal wish of bringing Knightfall to the big screen or @ least treating Bane with more dignity than Arkham Asylum did will take great steps to rememdying this further. As soon as I saw Styrofoam Beast & way too many pirroets in the X-3 trailer though, I knew it was a loss. Plus I've tried to watch X-3 since and I don't think it'll ever work.

i haven't dared to try. how many echelons up do you put spidey 3 though, really? i cottoned a bit to your somewhat reachy emo-parker analogy, but 3's greatest faults were a) fucking venom right up and b) falling from the mighty heights of part 2.

i just had a slight vision of batman 3 being your Knightfall story, and i can officially say I/the world are not ready for that. that'd be something.

i just had a slight vision of batman 3 being your Knightfall story, and i can officially say I/the world are not ready for that. that'd be something.

I just thought about the breaking of the bat being the END of the movie and Nolan walking away from the franchise after it's done being like "come on, who has the balls to keep this going."

It'd never happen, but my head it's AWESOME.

HO-LY SHIT-BALLS

comicbookmovie.com

Hugh Jackman On Darren Aronofsky Directing Wolverine 2

I guess this really confirm confirms it! While speaking to Vulture, the Aussie actor said that the X-Men Origins: Wolverine sequel would be very different with Aronofsky at the helm.. Vulture caught up with Jackman at the Elton John Enduring Vision gala last night and the actor confirmed that Darren Aronofsly would indeed be directing the Wolverine follow up. He also said this time around we would get a more thought provoking film..

aronofsky-wolverine-550x378.jpg

"This is, hopefully for me, going to be out of the box. It's going to be the best one, I hope. Well, I would say that, but I really do feel that, and I feel this is going to be very different."

When asked if Darren Aronofsky's penchant for dark drama might be at odds with this type of big budget action movie..

"This is Wolverine. This is not Popeye. He's kind of dark ,But, you know, this is a change of pace. Chris McQuarrie, who wrote The Usual Suspects, has written the script, so that'll give you a good clue. [Aronofsky's] going to make it fantastic. There's going to be some meat on the bones. There will be something to think about as you leave the theater, for sure."

Jackman also added, while waiting for his meal to arrive, that a strict training/diet regime has begun to get into Wolverine shape..

"Expect to see four chicken breasts and a whole pile of steamed broccoli on my plate. I'm starting; I'm having my six meals a day."

Jackman has worked with Aronofsky before on The Fountain, in which the actor gave, in many people's eyes, the performance of his career as a man refusing to accept his wife's death. We expect great things gentlemen!

:wank:

Archived