Hondo's Bar

X-men Origins: Wolverine

NZA- I can't even remember Constantine(just that it was terrible), but Bane is by far a better comparison. Far as I can tell, the only link between Deadpool & the Weapon XI thing was his name(the Codename: 'Pool obviously denoting the melting pot of powers. Fucking lamer than Anne Frank if you ask me).

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Motherfuck. There was Post-credits stuff? I was in a packed cinema and had kinda ruined the movie for the people next to me, so was keen to GTFO.

How did you ruin the movie for the people next to you? Were you talking during the movie? This is a Sin, a big one. It involves that special hell mentioned in Firefly.

did you stay after the credits? it was totally redeeming

shitfuckcuntmotherfuckerdamn! i knew it. i knew it. i knew it! the gf wanted to leave and i hadn't heard any buzz online like i did for iron man or x3 about post credit scenes so i relented and went. hopefully someone will youtube it.

*edit*

yep, someone did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLdaBrbbGLg

Cool epilogues that come in credits of medoicre superhero films never pay off, or am I the only person that remembers "Bullseye!"

When I meet you I'm going to punch you in the mouth for every bad thing you've said about Daredevil. the same goes for all of you

For people worried about a 'Pool' solo movie, could it take place after the team broke up and before this experiment?

Not if they want to use the costume. No one's gonna wear a mask like that when they have a face like Ryan Reynolds.

I think a Deadpool movie could work just fine from the end of this one:

1. The experimentation gives them a good reason to use the costume.

2. The reason that

the final fight Deadpool wasn't Deadpool-enough is two-fold. First of all, he had his mouth stitched together, which they've taken care of in the epilogue. And secondly, his brain was linked to and completely controlled by Stryker's computer, taking away his personality. With Stryker's base and the computer that ran his brain destroyed, not only does it allow for Deadpool's personality to come back, but it also provides the perfect set up for one thing that Reynold's early movie character didn't completely nail - the fact that Deadpool is irredeemably batshit crazy. Having the computer that controls your brain blown up is bound to fuck with your head.

When I meet you I'm going to punch you in the mouth for every bad thing you've said about Daredevil. the same goes for all of you

Not me, man.

Could be. Or maybe he meant X-Men Origins, which sounds the closest. Or maybe he didn't like X2 because of its "sometimes we have to work with the terrorists" message. Or for that matter, maybe he didn't like the first film and the fact that it implied that the United Nations is a powerful and important enough organization to warrant a Magneto attack. This is why we have to be specific about what we mean.

On the contrary, I'm probably the only person on this board (sans maybe Silent Bob) that actually thought it was pretty okay. And fuck all of you, I actually thought Colin Farrell did good as Bullseye despite how over-the-top he played it. I'm just can't make excuses for Ben Affleck.

i still say ben was good for Matt, it was a stretch for DD but that might have had more to do with the S&M costume.

again, if i was asked how to make that costume not look S&M, id not have many ideas, though.

x-men origins? WTF, do you know of yet another forthocming claremont book?! :misty:

He's rating DD higher than Wolverine, natch.

Jumbie- in my head I'm wrapping you over the nose with a rolled up Kmart catalogue. Bad Jumbie. Nothing good ever comes of breaking the fourth wall.

He's rating DD higher than Wolverine, natch.

Jumbie- in my head I'm wrapping you over the nose with a rolled up Kmart catalogue. Bad Jumbie. Nothing good ever comes of breaking the fourth wall.

ever see funny games? it broke the fourth wall a few times and it worked

Yeah, buit one of the defining characteristics of Deadpool in the comics is that he knows he's a comic book character. It's often credited as the reason he's so insane.

I'd like to see that transfered to a movie.

Yeah, buit one of the defining characteristics of Deadpool in the comics is that he knows he's a comic book character. It's often credited as the reason he's so insane.

I'd like to see that transfered to a movie.

He didn't start out that way, his original series didn't do that until later on.

Archived