Hondo's Bar

X-men Origins: Wolverine

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I only watched the first 40 mins as a kind of extended preview & loved it. This whole 'telling a good chunk of history through the opening credits' is fast becoming a good new trend.

The opening credits' was the only good thing about this movie.

And I hate what they did to

Deadpool

Felt I was watching a movie written by Jeff Loeb. :)

The opening credits' was the only good thing about this movie.

And I hate what they did to

Deadpool

Felt I was watching a movie written by Jeff Loeb. :FHD:

Ugh, when exactly did Jeph Loeb JUMP THE SHARK? When he went to Marvel?

I loved his run on Superman/Batman and his Batman stuff w/ Tim Sale is classic. . . but all the Rulk and Ultimates shyte he's churning out over in the mighty MU is :love:

I'd say about when he started writing for Heroes. Maybe he considers comics a lesser medium now & doesn't deem them worth the effort? I dug the shit out of his Superman stuff with McG back in the day. Regarding this movie, I'm refusing to watch more until the cinema release. Schrieber looks bloody good as Sabretooth when he's not running on all fours, I peeked at that toy spoiler above... Notsomuch fun, guess I'll have to see if the delivery at least makes sense.

Downloaded it and watched it tonight, it's not that bad if you're looking for mindless entertainment and don't know anything actually about wolverine or any of the other characters...and I gotta say I loved seeing where they needed to fill in the CG and edit out the ropes...reminded me of a low budget Sci-Fi Channel movie :hmm:

loeb jumped the shark when he wrote Hush(>< god that book was aweful) but he's always had issues, he's always been very very good at starting stories and simply bad at finishing them(the way the ending of long holloween is proof of this) but I'd say dark victory is proabbly his best work.

back to the movie, please please please please let newtype be wrong and not let them rape deadpool :(

loeb jumped the shark when he wrote Hush(>< god that book was aweful) but he's always had issues, he's always been very very good at starting stories and simply bad at finishing them(the way the ending of long holloween is proof of this) but I'd say dark victory is proabbly his best work.

back to the movie, please please please please let newtype be wrong and not let them rape deadpool :(

Really? I didn't think HUSH was his best Batman stuff, but I thought he did a pretty good job introducing a new major player into the official Batman cannon.

you're unnecessarily harsh on Hush (and Weapon X, sir). If you want to see Loeb at his low points, go back to Ultimates vol. 3...ugh.

after your bats books, he was teamed with tim sale on a lotta marvel shit that wasnt bad (spidey blue, dd yellow etc) but his level of batshit-craziness works on books like Ultimatum, i think.

anyway, off tpoic but i forget what your beef was with Hush, was a fun, everything & the kitchen sink bats story with an ending you saw a mile away, and uh, jim lee.

These are standard practises in Baytor's hood.

Hush as a premise & Villian are, 5 years on pretty fucking weak, but it did start a trend that generated some cool copycat stories(Millar's Knight Spiderman comes to mind). Lee's pencils were tight as fuck, and I don't think I tired of the DC direct figures until about wave 3 when you had fucking Alfred(I think Nick has 'em now).

it had some cool moments mind you but over all the villian was weak and so was the overall story and hush(the villian)should have been buried(dispite the hardon george has for him) it did look pretty though but the ending was weak, don't want to say too much more for those who havn't read it.

These are standard practises in Baytor's hood.

Hush as a premise & Villian are, 5 years on pretty fucking weak, but it did start a trend that generated some cool copycat stories(Millar's Knight Spiderman comes to mind). Lee's pencils were tight as fuck, and I don't think I tired of the DC direct figures until about wave 3 when you had fucking Alfred(I think Nick has 'em now).

Yes, the HUSH line had some of the best figures DC Direct has put out. I own Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Com. Gordon, Ivy Infected Superman (from that time she KISSED him), and, yes, Alfred. Hey, the dude deserved a figure plus he rocks the white gloves & bowtie.

dcdh3a1.jpg

^^ haha you were so cock blocked.

Anyways. the movie is a turd. It's like our Logo, on the front page, you know the really awesomely bad one? It's JUST like that, with jumping sharks and flying horses, stuff that should be awesome, but's it's just awesomely bad becase you've crammed it into a really tight place.

*opps almost a spoiler* newtype- yeah...WTF?

Major disapointment.

Archived