Hondo's Bar

X-men Origins: Wolverine

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who the fuck ever read Alpha FLight to even know who that is. Just cause they're not mainstream doesn't make 'em cool, oh chair of the Slap Stick fanclub. SHort and angry is pretty much 80% of what Wolverine is. What're you left with?

I never read the book to be honest, I just knew they were like the Canadian Avengers or something, though if memory serves Wolverine was once a member. Nor have I ever read a single issue of Slapstick. And if the right person is writing then that extra 20% accounts for a lot.

... :blink:

You... you liked X3 but are aprehensive about this trailer? I figure digesting Xmen 3 in any positive fashion makes you kinda like one of those guys at the sideshow that eats glass.

X3 was damn entertaining. The fact that Claire's bi-sexual ex-boyfriend from Six feet Under somehow managed to pull of a decent fucking Angel is kudos enough. But you had the whole Dark Phoenix saga (sorta) unfolding on screen and Wolverine having to put Jean down like George did Lennie in Of Mice & Men, plus Madrox and one of the best lines in comic cinema history ("I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!") make it a worthy addition to the X-Men's film cannon.

This WOLVERINE trailer though has Gambit looking gheyer than he does in the comics, a Blob that looks a bit lame and fucking boxes (WTF?), a Sabertooth that ain't Tyler fucking Mane, and Wolverine w/out Wolverine's hair. But like I said, I'll still be there opening weekend. Here's hoping I'm wrong and my concerns will be disproved.

Who the fuck ever read Alpha FLight to even know who that is. Just cause they're not mainstream doesn't make 'em cool, oh chair of the Slap Stick fanclub. SHort and angry is pretty much 80% of what Wolverine is. What're you left with?

when you can name me someone better for the role than jackman, we'll talk.

meanwhile, he studies the mannerisms & gets them right to a tee. dude even named Origins and a few other stories he'd like to see in this film, so i got nothin but love.

mr haku - dont sweat the details too much, man. Tyler Mane sucked as anything other than a wrestler: you cant tell me that "I WANNA HEAR YOU SCREAM" made for a memorable character. he was awful, this guy looks psychotic. so this dude's already winning in my book.

Tyler's a perfect example of what happens when you hang on the details of the comics too much: you get a big, bulky wrestler who's shit for the part. skeeter wants a cambodian midget, wearing yellow spandex. im so, so glad none of you guys make decisions for these things: Jackman's build looks great for Weapon X, and his hair/muttonchops are as close to the comics as i want to see without laughing at the screen.

i bet you kids cried at first about organic web shooters, too

mr haku - dont sweat the details too much, man. Tyler Mane sucked as anything other than a wrestler: you cant tell me that "I WANNA HEAR YOU SCREAM" made for a memorable character. he was awful, this guy looks psychotic. so this dude's already winning in my book.

I'd watch Liev Schreiber in just about anything, and I definitely think he'll be awesome in this role. I'm just wondering if they're going to address the change at all. Jackman has described this film pretty much as X-Men 0 and says that at the end of it you should feel like Wolverine walked out of this film and straight into the cage fight in the beginning of X1. I can buy Danny Huston aging into Brian Cox, but I can't see Liev Schreiber ever becoming Tyler Mane. So I'm wondering if they're going to address it, ignore it, or just pretend they're two completely different characters (which wouldn't be that hard).

X3 was damn entertaining. The fact that Claire's bi-sexual ex-boyfriend from Six feet Under somehow managed to pull of a decent fucking Angel is kudos enough. But you had the whole Dark Phoenix saga (sorta) unfolding on screen and Wolverine having to put Jean down like George did Lennie in Of Mice & Men, plus Madrox and one of the best lines in comic cinema history ("I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!") make it a worthy addition to the X-Men's film cannon.

This WOLVERINE trailer though has Gambit looking gheyer than he does in the comics, a Blob that looks a bit lame and fucking boxes (WTF?), a Sabertooth that ain't Tyler fucking Mane, and Wolverine w/out Wolverine's hair. But like I said, I'll still be there opening weekend. Here's hoping I'm wrong and my concerns will be disproved.

Oh, it's okay. Your arguement became entirely invalid when you nominated 'I'm Juggernaut Bitch' & Tyler Mane as worthy inclusions. Whew, I was worried you might simply have a differing but nonetheless worthwhile opinion there...

I'm wondering about the fattie in the arena myself, are we confirmed on Fred Dukes asw opposed to Cookie from Origin? As much sense as it makes, I'd sooner not see the two amalgamated.

nah, you & i are in the same league there; we're clearly looking at origins scenes in the early bits, so that could very easily be cookie, logan's first big fight. i think most of us saw a fattie and assumed blob, but he wasnt even in weapon x in ultimate x-men (where rogue, nightcrawler and a bunch of other kids somehow made the cut), so i got a dollar says its cookie.

Oh, it's okay. Your arguement became entirely invalid when you nominated 'I'm Juggernaut Bitch' & Tyler Mane as worthy inclusions. Whew, I was worried you might simply have a differing but nonetheless worthwhile opinion there...

I'm wondering about the fattie in the arena myself, are we confirmed on Fred Dukes asw opposed to Cookie from Origin? As much sense as it makes, I'd sooner not see the two amalgamated.

OK, Tyler Mane ain't going down int he history books as God's gift to acting, but at least he made the character memorable plus he, ya know, actually looked like Sabertooth.

And you've obviously never seen the greatest X-Men voice over parody of all time if you don't respect the "I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!" line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgAPFKDL6Sg

"Aww, she's fucking w/ my helllmet. I got that shit in 4th grade!"

OK, Tyler Mane ain't going down int he history books as God's gift to acting, but at least he made the character memorable plus he, ya know, actually looked like Sabertooth.

Memorable how? Memorable for having the biggest "died like a bitch" outtro since Darth Maul? Did Mane even have any lines?

I suppose you think he should have the fur stoal too...

And you've obviously never seen the greatest X-Men voice over parody of all time if you don't respect the "I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!" line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgAPFKDL6Sg

"Aww, she's fucking w/ my helllmet. I got that shit in 4th grade!"

Seen it, just, y'know, wasn't high or drunk.

I watched the trailer again, and now the hair (or lack of) style is starting to bug me, I can understand the costume changes for the sake of being more modern in the x-men movies. This is like turning Jean Grey's hair blonde or having Storm's hair black. Not only does it just not make any sense, but it alienates the charecter (at least for me).

I know...I know... nit picking, but if it ends up being the only compliant I have (and I really hope it is...don't even get me started on Hellboy 2), then overall I'll be happy.

Archived