Hondo's Bar

X-men Origins: Wolverine

It's been a while since I watched the first X film, but I don't remember if they refered to Sabertooth as Victor Creed in that film. If not, I have a theory. At NO point in origins did anyone refer to Victor as Sabertooth, not even in the credits. I'm thinking that he's a different character all together. Maybe the Sabertooth in X1 is Sabertooth in name only, and all the other aspects of Sabertooth, i.e. his history with wolverine, were rolled into another character, his brother.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheesh, you fanboys are harsh. I thought it was a fun movie. Had everything I needed to see in a Wolverine film (though I wouldn't have minded an R rating).

Wolverines don't howl. mmmkay? So fuck you and stupid 'orgin' on the whole 'native american' story. Major fail.
Because Native American legends are always zoologically accurate

It's been a while since I watched the first X film, but I don't remember if they refered to Sabertooth as Victor Creed in that film. If not, I have a theory. At NO point in origins did anyone refer to Victor as Sabertooth, not even in the credits. I'm thinking that he's a different character all together. Maybe the Sabertooth in X1 is Sabertooth in name only, and all the other aspects of Sabertooth, i.e. his history with wolverine, were rolled into another character, his brother.

That's just what I've been trying to tell myself.

Most of my criticisms were of the movie as a movie, not as a comic adaptation. I had very few problems with the elements of the adaptation.

The movie had lousy dialogue, lousy effects, horrible pacing, a convoluted and ultimately senseless plot and the hair wasn't Wolvy enough. OK, so ONE thing I complained about was because they didn't adapt the comic well. Every other criticism is about the movie as a movie.

Have you not been paying attention to this thread?! Xena said wizards did it and Xena is always right!

Sheesh, you fanboys are harsh. I thought it was a fun movie. Had everything I needed to see in a Wolverine film (though I wouldn't have minded an R rating).

I have a great idea as to what couldve given it an R rating that the ladies (and Jumbie) wouldn't have complained about.

I liked it. It was entertaining. I got to see Gambit although I wouldve liked a thicker cajun accent.

Patrick Stewart had to be a bit CGId since he had to look young. He looked like that in X3 in the flashback scenes too...

I have a great idea as to what couldve given it an R rating that the ladies (and Jumbie) wouldn't have complained about.

Is flaccid penis really that exciting? I urge you to watch Eastern Promises before answering this question.

First hour of the movie was perfect... 2nd hour...? I wish I can have back. Deadpool was wrong and it bothered me. Can't like the movie based on just that. Sorry y'all...

1241848814.jpg

dude, you defend Spidey 3, and that was outright awful! you love X3, and own Elektra!! i call shenanigans!!

screw youse guys, 10/10. the only thing better than it was that You Said Your Damn Ninja Would Take Care Of Robocop Productions house that maldron linked to, and now im sad i didnt name something that.

Every moment with Harry mainly, a few emo Parker moments, and the part where they reveal Sandman killed Uncle Ben. I choose not to ignore Venom because I really didn't find him all that badly played (I don't care about the meeting in the ally part because it sure as fuck beats:

"Harry, I need some more of that stuff that almost killed us all but this time I need enough to blow up all of Manhattan if it fails which it most assuredly will because I'm a nutjob in a trenchcoat with cyborg arms."

"...okay, but you only get to blow up the city if you kill Spider-Man first, deal?"

"Well I'm holding you upside down from a skyscraper so you're obviously in the position to set the conditions of this deal. Ah well, I'm feeling charitable."

Man, Spiderman 3 was cinematic mana. Wolverine took a great character like Deadpool & turned him into something resembling Bane from Batman & Robin.

Ooooh, it's enough to kick a movie in the balls, but do you gotta grind your toes in? Seriously, he can't have been THAT horrible, I mean I'll accept like Blanka in Street Fighter bad but Bane bad?

well, yes and no.

no it wasnt that bad cause early on (you still havent seen it yet?) reynolds was kinda nailing the part. he was a fun casting call and he had a few lines that made you want to see a solo flick of his take on 'im.

yes, it was pretty bad cause the fact that they screwed with that formula later on in such an odd, hokey way (we're talking more-hokey-than-the-comics which is never good) only stung more cause you saw a brief segment of when he was done more or less right.

still not bane, though. skeet's crazy.

deadpool was treated just fine.

originally he was a failed experiment and thats what he was in the movie.

they just took it a step further. didnt know if that was really spoiler worthy but you never know ^_^

A failed experiment he

survived

. From the comics he went on to become the merc with a mouth we know and love. Not only does he

no longer have a mouth, but his best career choice from here is ornamental nightlamp for the X-mansion

. I stand by my comparison of a great character with a compelling backstory sacrificed in the name of a cheap ploy.

I'm personally rooting for Nolan's 3rd Batman to be the Dark Knight Saga...

here's the thing about ^_^ ...

again, reynolds was great. the swirly katana thing, whatever - by the time he cracked in the elevator about "great, just me and 5 guys here on high-protein diets" i was excited.

giving him an amalgam of powers...eh. it wouldve worked better on the gun-fu guy who was supposed to be maverick for me, or really anybody else. deadpool porting's not that big a deal (though its usually a device that's not reliable, hence the comedy) and the eye-beams i could even look past, temporarily, but closing his mouth off, just to keep the fight more dramatic? why even use him for that purpose at all, then? sure, it made him look fucked up/cancer-ridden, i guess, but its like the most awkward use of a character since contantine. god knows if he does get a solo film, these bits'll hopefully be quickly forgotten anyway, but yeah, im just not sure why he'd be the last guy at all then.

ps that alternate-theatre epilogue thing was bullshit. i saw the :wolvy: character bit, still gotta youtube the deadpool one.

haha hell yea man

there were 2 seperate endings distributed to diff theaters. one was Logan in a japnese bar and the other was Deadpool reaching for his head.... the mouth now cut open

i got the good one lol

Archived