Hondo's Bar

X-men Origins: Wolverine

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the chick= lady deathstrike? maybe? (as far as hellboy 2 all i say is editing kay? seriously) but other than that wolvie's mum is the only thing i can think of. However with a new storyline it could always be something outta left field. A mentor? lover? I'm going the lover route myself (and the mum to be honest with the other chick, without clicking on Nick's link i see this + the saving of Storm, as a young child in the works) . I have to imagine these people set up the enigma that is wolverine, however, the enigma also makes the charecter...if you know what i mean. Hopefully wolvie doesn't get caught in the stigma trap.

Only time will tell. I WILL be seeing this in the theater however.

I thought maybe Lady Deathstrike as well, but wasn't she a "new" creation of Stryker's and didn't meet Logan in the "movieverse" until X2? This film is supposed to take place prior to the X-films, so they'd have some splainin' to do if they're gonna put in LD. And as for his love interest, I thought it was going to be set in Japan & use the fact Creed killed Yukiko (that is her name, right--the one that's the sis of Silver Samurai?)

Oh man, as cool as the idea of this movie is, I'm starting to get scared. Seeing that image of the Weapon X folks has got me thinking this is gonna be a bad TV movie. Even though it worked for Smallville, I don't know if it'll work in a blockbuster film... *nervous*

justice.jpg

What about that image works? I mean between the tweeny heart-throbs and the "this was made on a TV show budget" pleather wardrobe I don't even know where to start with that trainwreck.

As corny as it looks, those episodes weren't that bad. That show was great at the beginning and started to nosedive. That season helped it back alot. Don't hate... wait, who am I talkin' to... sorry.

Just because the horse twitches when you hit it really hard doesn't mean it's still alive.

• 5 weeks later...
I recognize all the characters in the pic except the chick. I looked on IMDB and the only females listed are Elizabeth Howlett (Wolvie's mom?) and Silver Fox. Ideas thoughts?

L-R: Deadpool, Gambit, Logan, Creed, ???

wolverine.jpg

Why couldn't it be Silver Fox again?

87328-17557-silver-fox_large.jpg

Silver Fox was a member of a native American Indian tribe. She fell in love with Logan and they lived together in Canada. One day Sabretooth attacked Silver Fox apparently killing her. Logan fought Sabretooth but lost. Leaving town not knowing that Silver Fox had survived.

Years later she joined the weapon X program. She joined the "Team X" unit. Reunited with Wolverine and Sabretooth.

Due to a reaction to her memory implants she betrayed the team and became a terrorist in Hydra.

Silver Fox reappeared during the period when Wolverine tracked down the members of the Weapon X staff and discovered the studios where many of the memories he thought were his were staged. Apparently, she killed the Professor who had been in charge of the program after Logan left. At this point it was revealed that Silver Fox controlled a section of Hydra.

Silver Fox hired an assassin to poison Mariko Yashida, who was wolverines lover.

Later, when Mastodon, a member of Weapon X died due to the failure of his anti-aging factor, Silver Fox reunited with Logan, Creed, Maverick and Wraith. They infiltrated a secret base and confronted the man who had implanted them with their false memories: Aldo Ferro, the Psi-Borg. Ferro actually took control of their minds and this time made Creed actually kill Silver Fox.

Once the group had defeated the Psi-Borg, Logan travelled to the cabin where he really had lived with Silver Fox a lifetime ago, vindicating his one truly happy memory. He got permission to bury her there, and used the part of the door inscribed with "Silver Fox + Logan" in a heart as a headstone.

p.s.

:sarcasm:

I recognize all the characters in the pic except the chick. I looked on IMDB and the only females listed are Elizabeth Howlett (Wolvie's mom?) and Silver Fox. Ideas thoughts?

That chick is definitely supposed to be Silverfox and the actress portraying her is Lynn Collins. She was on True Blood on showtime.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so now Cyclops is in it too? The same Cyclops that had never met Wolverine prior to X-Men 1 - the movie in which both Cyclops and Wolverine, who had never met, fought a completely different looking Sabretooth who they had also never met? I'm confused.

Ok, so now Cyclops is in it too? The same Cyclops that had never met Wolverine prior to X-Men 1 - the movie in which both Cyclops and Wolverine, who had never met, fought a completely different looking Sabretooth who they had also never met? I'm confused.

All_My_Circuits_cast.jpg

Let me get this straight...does anyone here not have amnesia?

Simpsons.jpg

"Uh, yeah, well, whenever you notice something like that... a wizard did it." -Lucy Lawless

And it looked so good

HUGE FUCKING SPOILERS

ENDING REVEALED (A HUGE PIECE OF SHIT ENDING)

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men_movies...ne/news/?a=6576

WARNING! THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Part 1

The back story of Logan (aka Wolverine) is set up pretty good. It’s not too much and it explains Logan’s motivation from childhood. As a young boy, something terrible happens, his “mutant” power is revealed, and he and his brother must flee.

Fast forward to 1970-something Viet Nam. Logan and his brother Victor (aka Sabretooth) are soldiers and Victor has become an irrational bully who has no problem killing anyone that gets in his way. This leads to both of them being locked up in the brig for a very long time. Enter a higher up military officer (Stryker) who offers to get them out of there if they agree to join his special ops team. This elite team is made up of other mutants, all with various different, really cool “powers.” Mission after mission goes by, with Victor really taking a liking to the violence and developing an appetite for killing. Logan, on the other hand, draws the line at being ordered to kill innocent people and decides to walk away. Off he goes to live a quiet life in the Canadian wilderness with his girlfriend/wife/whoever

Cut to various former members of the special ops team being killed. No reason is apparent. The former leader of the group (Stryker) finds Logan in his now lumberjack career and tells him about this. Logan says thanks for the warning but I can take care of myself. As he returns to his work, he senses something is not right and then notices bloody claw marks on a tree. He runs to find his girlfriend/wife/whoever lying dead with gashes across her throat. Victor has killed her. Now its personal and Logan flies into a rage. He finds Victor and a battle ensues. But they basically have the same “powers” so it’s impossible for one to beat the other. Victor flees and Logan agrees to let Stryker help him become more powerful, and therefore able to go kill Victor. Cut to the “lab” scene from the trailer, new steel blades ready to do some serious damage. I don’t want to give it away, but one of my favorite parts of the movie is when we find out where the name “Wolverine” comes from… oooh I just got goosebumps thinking about it… haha. HUGE SPOILER: “the crazy mad scientist, Stryker, is kidnapping them all (mutants) and keeping them prisoners because he is takin their DNA to make a Super Mutant…one guy with ALL the powers…IT’S RYAN REYNOLD’S CHARACTER, Wade Wilson / Deadpool….its so creepy when you see him at the end!!”

This is where I will just say that the movie gets more awesome than it already is. The fight sequences are great, the story takes twists and turns, and the “holy shit!” moments make you want to cheer. I will see this movie again on opening weekend with a full audience of fans. It is THAT kind of movie. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

And one more thing…there are things after the credits..so stick around, for those of you who jump up right at the fade out.

Part 2

Deadpool/Wade is part of the elite team that they, Logan and Victor, joined and he’s kind of the comic relief. When they’re traveling on missions together, he never shuts up and everyone is always telling him to SHUT UP... a real know-it-all. He gets into it with Wolverine and Sabretooth and they almost come to blows and he takes out his weapon, a big silver sword/saber. Logan, who’s not yet called Woverine, diffuses the situation and calms everyone down--Victor and Wade. (This is so we establish what Wade’s weapon is for later on in the movie).

Beak, (Dominic Monaghan) who uses electricity, is the first one TO DIE. Victor kills him. At the end of the movie, when Wolverine finds out that Stryker and the scientists have been taking out the DNA from the mutants, who they all now have in cages, he goes to free them all. The other member of the team, “Wraith” (played by Will.I.Am) keeps telling him the mutants are being held captive in the lab which is on the island - but Wraith doesn’t know where this Island is...The only mutant to know is the one person who’s ever escaped - which is Gambit. Gambit then agrees to take Wolverine there and as they’re flying in Gambit’s plane, the wide shot reveals!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS THE FAMED THREE-MILE ISLAND... THE NUCLEAR REACTORS AND ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolverine is also now indestructable because of all the modifications that Stryker made on him back when Stryker convinced Wolverine to go after Sabretooth - all because S.T. killed Logan’s girlfriend.

When Wolverine shows up and starts kickin ass, the SuperMutant is not ready yet, but Stryker has no choice, he has to release him….and that’s when you figure out its Ryan Reynold’s character Wade/Deadpool/SuperMutant. ITS ALL CRAZY... He has no hair, bald, his eyes are red and sunken in so he can shoot the fire outta his eyes. HE HAS EVERY MUTANT POWER...AND...HIS MOUTH IS SEWN SHUT!!! Wolverine says, “Well Wade, looks like somebody finally shut you up” This is the reference back to the beginning when all the other mutants would tell Wade to shut up.

SO when Wolverine goes after him, SuperMutant/Deadpool/Wade’s trusty sword automatically comes outta his fist much like Wolverine’s blade. Now its a fight... Deadpool has ALL the powers in this epic battle... he can disappear like The Wraith, he can shoot fire outta his eyes - pretty much indestructable. Wolverine is basically getting his ass kicked.

SO then, they’ve gone from inside the lab and moved the fight to on top of the reactor. Deadpool is destroying everything--reactors and everything is going down cuz he’s shooting everything with his eyes. Then, Deadpool punches him so hard Wolverine goes over the side of the reactor and in a SPLIT second, a hand reaches down to save him... AND ITS SABRETOOTH... TO SAVE THE DAY...AND YELLS, “NOBODY KILLS YOU BUT ME, BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

(Sabretooth has been there the whole time, but wasn’t fighting - he was just rounding up all the mutants for Stryker).

After he pulls him up to the roof, Sabretooth says to Wolverine “Back-to-back” and they position themselves back to back so they can have eyes on both sides. Since they’re both attacking Deadpool, Wolverine, with one swipe, cuts Deadpool’s head clean off. Sabretooth then turns and says, “You know this doesn’t mean we’re still not enemies” and takes off...

Then, Wolverine, has to go after Stryker and free the other mutants. But unbeknownst to Wolverine, Stryker has a magic bullet and as he’s loading the gun with it, the other scientists in the lab say, “you can’t kill Wolverine with that”. Stryker then says “Yeah I know, but if I shoot him in the head, it will erase his memory.” (Remember, Wolverine never knew where he came from).

So as Wolverine is helping to free the mutants, Stryker goes up to him and shoots him in the head. Wolverine drops to the floor as if dead. Stryker then takes off.

Cut back to Wolverine fluttering his eyes open... HE”S NOT DEAD... The military, the shitstorm is coming after what they saw what was happening at Three-Mile-Island. Gambit runs over to tell Wolverine “WE GOTTA GO!!!” and Wolverine looks up and says, “Who are you?!?!?! Where the hell am I?!?!??!” Gambit says “I’m a friend..you gotta trust me. We have to get outta here”

CUT TO:

A Dark forest…the escaped mutants are running for their lives…..and they all stop and you see the back of abald head... and you hear Professor Charles Xavier (Patrick Stewart) voice only, saying “You’re all safe... come with me”

FADE TO BLACK!!!”

Archived