Hondo's Bar

Campaign to Limit Signatures

archangel

Should we post a limit on Signatures?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thing isn't about the two of you. There are 13 other yes votes that aren't arch that you haven't even acknowledged, Jax. So for the rest of us who can't stand having to scroll through it all or for those of us with slower connections who have to wait for the thing to load every time, why won't you show a little courtesy?

Once I don't feel that I'm being forced by mob rule to change it, once I feel that it's my choice, not concession, yes, I will show everyone the courtesy.

And arch, no, you didn't use the word 'apartheid', but said not getting your way made those that disagree second class citizens. It's like if I say you just plain hate black people, I never said the word racist, but it's the same thing.

Also, if I said "It's my right to be a prick" doesn't mean I was admitting to being a prick, just deflating your argument that that was good enough reason for you to get your way on anything you want.

Once I don't feel that I'm being forced by mob rule to change it, once I feel that it's my choice, not concession, yes, I will show everyone the courtesy.

Ok, JAX... I dont think you and I ever squared off, and I dont really want to start now. So take this as 'how I see it rather than me vs you'

You arent being forced by mob rule. If you were being forced by mob rule, I would have driven down there and thrown your scooter in the bed of my truck and taken it to the ICW and tossed it over the highest point on the bridge, that or just knock the ever mclovin' piss out of you. That hasnt happened. Joel said 'hey lets see where others stand on this issue and not just me so everyone doesnt think I am being a dick and just trying to start shit'

He started shit, but he isnt being a dick, it was an honest poll and the poll reflect that a good portion (wont say greater or lesser) would like for you to lose it. It is about as civil as you can be. "Hey JAX, according to this poll, more than me and my ego think you should lose the long ass dial up killing scroll knob spinning sig and go with something smaller and this poll allows you to see that it isnt just me Joel being a cock" but no, you treat it as he is being a cock and take all of this personal. Well, it was as diplomatic as you can get for what was hoping to be expressed.

Quite a few just want to say "Please shorten the sig, thanks"

If you chose not to, then excercise your right to be a stubborn dick and carry on with your normal way of life. If you chose to, like you said you were about to til someone piped up.... I personally think that was just a "Well you shouldnt have said anything, so I am gonna say I WAS going to taken it down when in fact I wasnt but I want you to regret sizing me up now" anyways, if you chose to take it down, then do so and carry on with your normal way of life. Either way, how you feel has been expressed, and likewise with Joel. So as a diplomat here, please do what you will but just drop this issue. Thanks and remember to tip your waitress.

Ok, but seriously, can I raise my hand here and hope to be listened to?

Why not just stick the huge fucking sigs in a reasonably sized iframe? The rest of the board would load before the iframe, and hence cut down on load times (for the board, anyway) for those without high speed internet. The sig would be of reasonable size...but at the same time would be able to hold the entirety of sigs like Jax's.

Fuck, you could have an entire website load in that thing ad it would still be a "reasonable size".

Why has this solution not been given any though. To me, anyway, it seems to be the perfect solution. Controls size and load times (or at least, load order), without having to sacrifice anything.

Seriously.

Why not just stick the huge fucking sigs in a reasonably sized iframe? The rest of the board would load before the iframe, and hence cut down on load times (for the board, anyway) for those without high speed internet. The sig would be of reasonable size...but at the same time would be able to hold the entirety of sigs like Jax's.

Fuck, you could have an entire website load in that thing ad it would still be a "reasonable size".

Why has this solution not been given any though. To me, anyway, it seems to be the perfect solution. Controls size and load times (or at least, load order), without having to sacrifice anything.

Seriously.

Its the sensible option.

Seriously.

Cuz it don't what solve the bandwidth probbems, I'd reckon. *spits on the floor and sticks hay in his teeth*

Bandwidth would only be an issue if it were hosted on hondos, the pictures, but if you're hosting off photobucket, they take the hit, or in my case, mostly uncyclopedia

I wers referrin' to the bandwidth of those who visit this site from that thar diel-em-up.

I have to agree with joel, more then a couple of people have had problems with your sig length jax so it's not just joel on a crusade and it's something thats been brought up for a while.

Frankly the big arguments seem to be freedom of speech(and with people not completely seeming to understand how it works) and this choice of yours to have a long sig, which you have often said is only put together to piss people off(and yes you have said that very thing to me), frankly if you ask me 10 pages for what should be a simple thing is kinda crazy, you'd think as adults we could simply find a comprise in this whole mess but neither side wants to give, how about we try to find a sig size that is ok by everyone?

wait, what was stillbored talking about, specifically? that sounded like a fair resolution.

also, when some of youse say:

freedom of speech(and with people not completely seeming to understand how it works)

perhaps in the american constitutional definition, no, but again, there's many here not using the american government as a template. while arch is right that jax is ignoring the others unhappy with his sig, are some of you not also disregarding the fact that a slim majority of the board considers sig length a form of expression, falling under their freedom of speech here on hondo's?

Shoot, you wanna be the one to tell Dr. Girlfriend that, be my guest. Some people can't afford yer high-falootin' cable bills. Or other reasons.

It is no longer an issue for me at this point, but yeah...thanks for callin' me cheap *cries*.

anyways, the reasonable thing here would be to do as stillbored said, or just turn off sigs, or ignore long ass sigs.

I remember when 2track had everyone's sigs all at once. which was cute... for a day.

So on the bright side it could be worse.

:devil:

Here's how to code it, using the height and width settings of the examples:

So the one up there with Jax's sig is:

So yeah...pretty easy.

Oh, and if need be, I'll covert and host signatures. The only thing that won't really convert correctly are the forum quotes. It's just straight html, though...I'm sure there's a way.

Here's how to code it, using the height and width settings of the examples:

So the one up there with Jax's sig is:

So yeah...pretty easy.Oh, and if need be, I'll covert and host signatures. The only thing that won't really convert correctly are the forum quotes. It's just straight html, though...I'm sure there's a way.

Technically it does nothing for bandwidth conservation but everything for those who don't want to read what people have to say...It's got my vote.

Archived