Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

Comic spoilers

man, some of the deviations from the book got interesting last ep

Rick went full-on Governor with that speech - they took the best option on the table, but it was dehumanizing, and even Rick himself seemed to feel it. then they go & give you the Lucille photos to keep you from feeling like his group is the bad guys..and speaking of, my stomach is already twisting at what's coming; showing that really gave you the feeling they're not gonna shy away & pan the camera elsewhere too much, ugh.

also i read people saying how funny it is to kidnap Killa Carol, of all people

Man, that last line in the spoiler ain't no joke!

Maggie is the new Carol!

We are all Negan.

Oh wait, now Carol is back to being Carol.

Your face is gone now, COFFEE BEANS!

Light the cigarette, Carol. You Are Hardcore As Fuuuuuuuck!

Rick straight up murders Primo.

Daryl/Carol hug the pain away.

This episode. I don't even. So good. I can't wait to see how this whole "We're all Negan" thing works out. What is it, a zombpocalypse communist type collective with "The Wielder of Lucille" as Lenin?

Edited by alive she cried

Like I told Nick thru text:

"Negan is an idea, man! Lucile's just in your mind. LITERALLY in your mind!"

So you're saying all those heads in the Polaroids spontaneously combusted? Exploded from within? That's telekinesis, Kyle!

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
Rage Kage

Comic spoilers

S6E14

Damn, Eugene's got balls! And we get the first appearance of Ironed Man!

I loved the whole B-story with him and Abraham. Also, I felt Dr. Dummy: Medicine Woman might actually survive the episode until she started speechifying. Fuck. Inspirational speeches get you killed almost as quick as being a moral compass. This is gonna fuck Tara up. Maybe she'll be the one to meet Lucille in Glen's place?

And Morgan's going off to find Carol, right? Only two more episodes left. Eager to see what the Saviors will do next in the show. We taking bets on Lucille appearing in the next episode or will it be the finale? Precedent dictates the smart money on the latter, but who knows!

Comic spoilers

Doc took Abraham's comic arrow! I was just telling my cousin, today, that the show likes to flip it on the comic readers. I still think it'll be Glenn and it'll be in the finale. People that don't read the comics are about to get their worlds rocked.

If the showrunners had any balls, though, it'll be Daryl.

Comic spoilers

Getting Lucille'd

Carol just jumped up past Glenn to the #1 spot on my list. Her leaving the compound puts a whole new spin on things. Glenn & Abraham are tied at #2 spot now. I'm throwing in Tara at #3 and Sasha at #4 because of the whole "30 years" speech and profession of his love this makes Sashaham more likely to have shit rained down upon them.

Axel might be dead on. Also:

I think Carol is on a mission. She's headed outside the safety of Alexandria to be an easier target for Negan. She's planning on getting caught to infiltrate his operation.

Interesting. A suicide mission perhaps?

Nah. I think the letter was legit. She had to know they'd come looking for her and thus put themselves in danger. If she was going on a spy/assassin mission she'd let the inner circle know at least to keep them from going out looking for her and getting in danger.

Rewatched it with the lady tonight.

Comic spoilers

So with Morgan building Negan's future cell I'm starting to think that his head is on the chopping block.

He and Rick have one last come to Jesus talk about not killing, and his death pushes Rick over the edge. It at least resonates with him so that later during the final showdown he takes it to heart and captures Negan. Cause right now Rick is basically Frank Castle.

S6E15:

Ffffuuuuuuuhhhhhhh!!!

Comic spoilers

Daryl is on Talking Dead with Kirkman & Gimple next week after the finale. It's not looking good for him, but I think it's all still a distraction from what will really happen--Glenn getting his head bashed in by Lucille. I'm also worried either Morgan or Carol won't make it out of the S6 finale alive. They both have a lot to offer to the story when ALL OUT WAR(!) breaks.

Oh, that Carol...she's always got something up her sleeve.

Shalit.gif

troll.gif

Added Comic spoilers

...well, shit

Comic spoilers

you gotta love how in the comics, the crew basically got fucked up by negan on (i wanna say?) their 2nd run-in with his crew...here, it's like rick's people are wiping out entire sections beforehand. i know they're gonna have overwhelming #'s but it's getting to the point where i'm almost gonna have a hard time buying neegan not just saying "fuck this, they're too dangerous" and wiping them all out, resources be damned

Comic spoilers

It's gotta be Daryl. His character has hit a wall and his actor has a new gig as a tv show host. I love the guy, but it's time.

does he? damn, that really does kinda put a target on dude's back, even moreso...and agreed about hitting that wall, i know the plot of the last few eps is trying to rationalize it, but this was way too reckless for him, feels a bit forced

Axel might be dead on. Also:

I think Carol is on a mission. She's headed outside the safety of Alexandria to be an easier target for Negan. She's planning on getting caught to infiltrate his operation.

maaann...i wanna say that's almost a little too convoluted/badass, but then i remember her Unforgiven angle this season

Interesting. A suicide mission perhaps?

Nah. I think the letter was legit. She had to know they'd come looking for her and thus put themselves in danger. If she was going on a spy/assassin mission she'd let the inner circle know at least to keep them from going out looking for her and getting in danger.

wait, you lost me - who's coming for her? everyone that's run into her & knows what she's about is underground. if they could get into Alexandria, they would've!

Rewatched it with the lady tonight. Comic spoilers

So with Morgan building Negan's future cell I'm starting to think that his head is on the chopping block. He and Rick have one last come to Jesus talk about not killing, and his death pushes Rick over the edge. It at least resonates with him so that later during the final showdown he takes it to heart and captures Negan. Cause right now Rick is basically Frank Castle.

agreed 100% on that last line, and can't believe i didn't make that connect with the conversation at the end there + the cell he's making...it's literally why we've dragged him around this season, isn't it? fuck, good eye

S6E15: Ffffuuuuuuuhhhhhhh!!!

Daryl is on Talking Dead with Kirkman & Gimple next week after the finale. It's not looking good for him, but I think it's all still a distraction from what will really happen--Glenn getting his head bashed in by Lucille. I'm also worried either Morgan or Carol won't make it out of the S6 finale alive. They both have a lot to offer to the story when ALL OUT WAR(!) breaks.

yeah, it honestly feels like it could be either of them, doesn't it? panch was dead-on about them clearly fucking with the book's fans as well

i can totally see either daryl or glenn getting it now, though axel's post (and the gunshot at the end there) make me feel like daryl is the more obvious choice, what with his clear hurry to die & all...maybe he'll volunteer before it comes down on glenn? and yeah, morgan feels like he's toast, carol could very well go out in a blaze of glory but part of me always sees her on the military van at the end of The Mist and just can't see her dying, haha...it could be both of them, really.

far fewer people will mourn Morgan, but Carol + one of the big boys will really set up the next season for rick under negan's reign & telling him what his dick tastes like (with All Out War starting around the mid season's end, maybe?). can you imagine if both Daryl & Glenn bit it, though? it'd be worse than the red wedding! i don't think they'd chance it with the fanbase, but holy shit would it be ballsy. im legit gonna have an upset stomach next sunday when this shit drops.

Added comic spoilers

Comic spoilers

I think the Daryl "shooting" is a misdirect ala Glenn halfway through the season and Glenn'll still have his date with Lucile in the season finale. But I love the idea of both of them biting it next episode. That shows the biggest showrunner balls in tv history.

Added comic spoilers

I love the fact we're discussing the biggest events in the show since the Gov. Rolled up to the prison and all ASC has to comment about the last three posts is, "comic spoilers." SMH, Eamo.

...well, shit

Comic spoilers

you gotta love how in the comics, the crew basically got fucked up by negan on (i wanna say?) their 2nd run-in with his crew...here, it's like rick's people are wiping out entire sections beforehand. i know they're gonna have overwhelming #'s but it's getting to the point where i'm almost gonna have a hard time buying neegan not just saying "fuck this, they're too dangerous" and wiping them all out, resources be damned

2. ...wait, you lost me - who's coming for her? everyone that's run into her & knows what she's about is underground. if they could get into Alexandria, they would've!

3. yeah, it honestly feels like it could be either of them, doesn't it? panch was dead-on about them clearly fucking with the book's fans as

well

i can totally see either daryl or glenn getting it now, though axel's post (and the gunshot at the end there) make me feel like daryl is the more obvious choice, what with his clear hurry to die & all...maybe he'll volunteer before it comes down on glenn? and yeah, morgan feels like he's toast, carol could very well go out in a blaze of glory but part of me always sees her on the military van at the end of The Mist and just can't see her dying, haha...it could be both of them, really.

far fewer people will mourn Morgan, but Carol + one of the big boys will really set up the next season for rick under negan's reign & telling him what his dick tastes like (with All Out War starting around the mid season's end, maybe?). can you imagine if both Daryl & Glenn bit it, though? it'd be worse than the red wedding! i don't think they'd chance it with the fanbase, but holy shit would it be ballsy. im legit gonna have an upset stomach next sunday when this shit drops.

1. Negan & comic spoilers...

If we didn't know Negan's somewhat twisted logic of rule from the comics already, I'd agree with you about the TV show. However, based on the Negan of the comicbook, I think you're wrong about Rick & Co. wiping out too many of the Saviors for Negan to make a deal with Alexandria. That's the whole reason Negan sent Dwight's elite team of Daryl shooters to basically infiltrate and ransack their place and pillage it viking style. Ditto for the pick-up truck Carol ran in to. In the comics Negan's whole power structure is set on the model of sustaining his community by taking from others. Negan ultmately wants Alexandria working for him. I think we'll see exactly that happening after Negan shows up in force to the walls of Alexandria, and we'll also see the whole scene of Rick kneeling to Negan post-Lucille in the show. That'd be my guess as to how S6 ends. Saviors show, Rck kneels.

2.Carol & her motive for that letter...

Axels theorized Carol was going on a spy mission and I was commenting that was an interesting theory, but I believed Carol was legit done with Alexandria and heading out to live it solo, Mad Max style. After S6E15 it seems I was right. I believed Carl was crying legit tears for the Saviors in that pick-up truck. She did not want to kill them. She's like Michael Corleone--just when she thinks she's out, they pull her back in! She hates that she's such a badass killer. Morgan and that encounter with her redheaded Savior doppleganger a few episodes back pushed her over the edge. Carol needs to learn to love herself. Being a stone-cold badass killer is a plus in the zombpocalypse.

3. That Mist analogy is probably the best description of Carol I've ever seen. Way to bring it back full circle to Frank Darabont, too. Well done, sir. Well done, indeed! As for what we can expect to see in the S6 fnale. You just blew my mind...

(Comic spoilers)

I'm being 100% seriously. I've been asking the wrong question this whole damn season. The question isn't WHO will Negan kill, but HOW MANY will Negan kill. Fuck. Hnestly, I've just been fixated on which main character will get their head beaten in by Lucille that it never entered my mind that both Glenn AND Daryl could die, but it's a complete possibility. Abraham, Carol, Morgan, Rosita, Glenn, Sasha, Daryl, Maggie--it could be an "A team" character slaughter of Red Wedding proportions.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Ok that was pretty fucking good.

Having it basically spoiled for me aside, I thought it wasn't going to give us ANYTHING. I'm ok with that. Negan was perfect (just a shame we couldn't get his full on potty mouth.) I loved it, and I can't wait to see who got it. I just hope whoever it was... that they are on the A-list.

50NvLQQ.gif

it was a good episode, and really took the meeting of negan/the reach of the saviors up a notch, like the governor stuff seasons back. i liked a lot of what we got, as well as the inevitability of it all & hope running out as night came on & paths were getting more & more limited...even if Rick really shoul've said "fuck, let's go home & try to deliver this baby" or something, cause when Eugene finally pointed out how badly trapped they likely were, i thought it long overdue.

but really, the tension buildup, the arrival of Negan (you're right, him not cussing as much did seem odd), the absolute dread & helplessness the seemingly invincible group felt..it all built to what came off as a cheap cliffhanger, i thought. people are gonna be back next season, or just leave outraged if it's Daryl or something anyway, why do that? just felt cheapened, i thought. watch them not even show who it was till the first ep's end or some shit, ugh

also damn, does Carol yet live?

• Upvote 1

Comic spoilers

You're not wrong. I don't like the whole "you're gonna watch it anyway" feeling I get. Between Glenn's dumpster BS and this... yeah it was cheap.

But! The way it was executed (it was unintentional I swear) looked great. I loved the POV shot.

It gave me more than I thought it would though. I didn't think we would even see the actual beatdown in any form. All I hope is that next season we get to see the full beatdown in it's full glory. If we don't then it will really feel like a cop out. I don't want them to do that artsy flashbacky hazy thing they did in this episode, and just allude to who got killed til the end of THAT episode.

RE : Carol. I thought they might have been setting up her death by going crazy like in the books. I don't like that Morgan kind of threw his code out of the window just to save her (and not looking affected by it at all). He's ninja'd his way out of worse. That seemed cheap too.

Added comic spoilers

...yeah

i guess i was just happy to see Carol still kickin, but when you put it like that, it was convenient.

and agreed, they did the actual execution spot-on from the book! in all its brutality, but first person/N64 Goldeneye like, for whatever reason, when i think i might've preferred seeing Rick's reaction. you know the even shittier part at choosing what feels like ad revenue/show growth over telling the story? what are the odds that over the next 6 months (including comic con) the actual victim isn't leaked somehow? i really don't wanna learn that way.

they could've just left you like the issue did: reeling from seeing a beloved character left unrecognizable, and with a terrible gut feeling of vulnerability, disdain for rick's hubris & a desire for revenge. i just feel like they took a lot of the punch out of that this way, and that's a shame cause while this ep was naturally bloated, the more i think about it, the more i feel they one-upped the comic in terms of dread.

Ye've echoed my sentiments.

• The sense of dread was very heavy throughout the whole episode.
  • Negan's introduction was almost perfect.
  • Cliffhanger felt cheap, showing who died and the groups reaction would have been way more powerful and the cherry on top of what may have been the best season in the shows history.
  • Morgan should have reacted to him breaking his no-kill rule, that arc felt very predictable as well.

Here's a bright spot for that that finale

The bluray is going to include an uncensored Negan monologue

We had to shoot two versions — we had to shoot the Blu-ray version, which had a lot of the swearing and a lot of Negan’s colorful language, and then we had to shoot the broadcast version,” said Nicotero. “So when you get the DVD or the Blu-ray version, that will have the full Negan speech from the graphic novel.”

that's actually pretty cool - only bums me out that all his talk from here on out is gonna make me wish i'dve waited for the blu-ray release though. his character in the comic starts somewhere between baytor's dice clay reference & a joke bendis would make, and this actor's already making him a lot more badass than that.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure if you have read this or not, but Negan in the comic is based on Henry Rollins. Apparently, Rollins also auditioned for the Negan role, but it was given to that other guy. Rollins thought he was a shoe in since the character was based on.

I would much rather have seen Rollins playing Negan.

I thought the Negan character's dialogue was pretty crumby though. I'm not sure how to use the spoiler function, so I will leave it at that.

Edited by The Vagrant