Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

Another good episode. Pretty close to the comics, but as usual just not quite as good.

Comics spoilers

They obviously seem to be substituting Sasha for Andrea in this storyline, I wonder if that will continue and she will take Andrea's position in story arcs from here on, I'd be very surprised if Rick and Sasha become an item. Also interesting is what they're doing with Tyreese, him not being able to kill (that guy from the shed from episode 1 turning up alive?).

I've also been rereading the comics from the Hunters storyline on, and I'll be astounded if we see Negan this season. We still have Eugene's reveal, the discovery of Alexandria, the bedding in period in Alexandria, the first attack from a group that shows how much the Alexandria community needed Rick's group, Rick stealing the guns back, Rick becoming leader, Rick getting involved with Jessie, huge swarm of walkers attack, killing Jessie's son, Rick chopping her arm off and Carl getting shot in the face. All that is before we even meet Jesus and find out about the other communities.

I know we mightn't get all of that, but even if we only get half, they'd have to really rush it to fit Negan in before the end of the season.

Oh also, do you think maybe those guys that raped Tasha Yar are the ones that kidnapped Beth? I've a feeling we might see a flashback next episode.

Edited by alive she cried

agreed that we're early in the season but this still feels too early for Negan, we need more distance from the time spent with the governor, and it we follow the book at all, the show jumps dramatically ahead at certain points there too.

ive been thinking they split the group because writing wise, i figure it's way too large a cast to just following all together, maybe it's easier if they keep bouncing around

Comic spoilers up to #127

My theory (now) is that this season will end with Carl shot or Jesus showing up, maybe close on the revelation of the Hilltop. Season six, we'll meet Negan early, Rick will be Negan's bitch for the season, end at declaration of war. Season seven is a full season of all out war and the show ends with the recent flash forward in time.

Re that gif @ the top of the page: Rick keeps his promises! Claimer Joe got off easy, son.

Another good episode. Pretty close to the comics, but as usual just not quite as good.

Comics spoilers

They obviously seem to be substituting Sasha for Andrea in this storyline, I wonder if that will continue and she will take Andrea's position in story arcs from here on, I'd be very surprised if Rick and Sasha become an item. Also interesting is what they're doing with Tyreese, him not being able to kill (that guy from the shed from episode 1 turning up alive?).

I've also been rereading the comics from the Hunters storyline on, and I'll be astounded if we see Negan this season. We still have Eugene's reveal, the discovery of Alexandria, the bedding in period in Alexandria, the first attack from a group that shows how much the Alexandria community needed Rick's group, Rick stealing the guns back, Rick becoming leader, Rick getting involved with Jessie, huge swarm of walkers attack, killing Jessie's son, Rick chopping her arm off and Carl getting shot in the face. All that is before we even meet Jesus and find out about the other communities.

I know we mightn't get all of that, but even if we only get half, they'd have to really rush it to fit Negan in before the end of the season.

Oh also, do you think maybe those guys that raped Tasha Yar are the ones that kidnapped Beth? I've a feeling we might see a flashback next episode.

Comic spoilers up to #127

My theory (now) is that this season will end with Carl shot or Jesus showing up, maybe close on the revelation of the Hilltop. Season six, we'll meet Negan early, Rick will be Negan's bitch for the season, end at declaration of war. Season seven is a full season of all out war and the show ends with the recent flash forward in time.

Interesting theories, but the show has messed with the chronology of the comics in ways before, so not necessarily everything you listed will happen in that order, or even at all, in the TV show. However...

You are making me re-think Sasha surviving. I had her pegged for death this season, but she would be a convenient replacement for Andrea's comic plot points in the show. And why wouldn't Rick eventually want some of that and vice versa? She's gotta morn Bob, but I dunno. Maybe...

My money is still on Alexandria this season. This splitting up of the group could push it back possibly from my original prediciton of it showing up mid-season. Now the groups joining up again could be the mid-season finale. I hope not though. We already had enough of this separated group shit last season. That drama has been mined.

I also still think Negan's bunch will be revealed as the Terminus rapists. Whoever took Beth is something different.

Maybe Rick's group won't encounter Negan, but I think he'll show up somehow in a flashback or possibly just a cut scene. Time will tell...

I wasn't expecting much from this last episode, but damn it delivered.

Pretty sure Lil' Chris Rock is who Daryl brings back with him from the bushes in place of Carol... where we now know where she is.

Also, Beth earned herself some points in this one. Looks like we got a Lady Governor on our hands too.

Edited by Axels

Also, I have a theory: Dawn might be in charge, but that hospital is run by Negan.

Interesting theory, but I'd be surprised if it is accurate. However....

The writers seem to be setting up for Negan though. Negan has to be different from the Gov. in that he's got a violent yet by zombpocalypse standards debatable system of rule in place; he's violent but "reasonable" and not just a sociopath bent on murder and revenge like the Gov. Negan is supposed to be "reasonable" and I think the show runners are laying the ground this season to show just how fucked up people can be thus making the Negan way of things seem less Governor-ish.

Even if Negan is exactly like the comic he will still come up looking more reasonable than Gareth and the Terminus crew. And his "voluntary harem" in the comics is technically a more fair system than Dawn's snatch a rape victim operation. I think Dawn is being truthful when she tells Beth her motives for whoring out "patients" right before she beats her unconscious and there's not likely Negan or a Negan type operating the place.

And I don't understand the Internet hate for this episode either. It was a weaker episode by TWD standards, but not worthy of the hyperbolic vitrol I saw on several sites. Also, I think we all can agree Beth episodes definitely work better when they feature Daryl.

this season, man...

like, this last ep; it wasn't so much about addressing the pacing issues as doing more character/etc bits with said time (really digging the silent hill-esque soundtrack too). the flashbacks, the balance of action with slow, uneasy moments is really hitting its stride for me here, as well as carrying the ensemble cast by basically focusing on one side/team at a time, in a way that usually doesn't go quite as well. it's all the more impressive here too because as far as the source material goes, they're totally winging it - so i keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, but it doesn't.

I've enjoyed the crap out of this show so far but this season is hands-down the best for me so far.

They finally figured out a way to do more with more (episodes). The problem with the second season is they tried to character build, but it was all at the same time. So they stayed at the farm, for like, everrrr . This season they're just focusing on a small amount of folks at a time and it's really paying off. Agreed this is a great season.

ugh, seriously

i get we spent the ep setting up that she's not well/all there right now, but that was still lazy as hell. too much time on abraham's distant stare/minister & christian zombies/etc this was my least favorite of the season so far and that predictable-ass cliffhanger just didn't help. hoping for a return to greatness next sunday.