Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

wait wait wait

who's the writer guy who left the show, that supposedly caused Dale to leave? cause if i recall from a few movies, Andrea was part of that group too, no? starting to wonder how much that affected the decisions to off these guys

• Downvote 1

Frank Darabont?

yeah I know that Dale, Andrea and Carol were all in the Mist, directed by him... so I wouldn't be surprised if she's next in line. But Andrea was such a poor character, I doubt it had much to do with that.

Ha, no. That was me.

If you're gonna be a dick about a post that isn't worded perfectly, why not be consistent and follow iceman about the place posting the same after each post of his rather than trying (and failing) to win cheap funnies?

For further reading, refer to my sig.

Edited by the division of joy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whoever said the Governor did a good American accent is full of shit, he sounded like Liam Neeson the whole season. Rick and Maggie do good, but that's because they lay it on so thick with the Southern, same thing with Morgan. The Governor sounded Scottish about every third word.

Also, in regards to the "Andrea's not so bad, she's just doing what anyone would" argument

As an audience member, you are privy to information that the character is not. You seem to not be able to appreciate that all the decisions she has made this season are relatively, if not completely reasonable, given her circumstances and the information she has had access to. You and I know the Governor is a villain from before he is introduced, but that is not an obvious conclusion for a character in the setting.

Up to a point that's a decent excuse, though she's willfully ignorant a LOT, but when several trusted friends straight up tell her the horrible things he's done and she doesn't listen then that's on her.

Also, The Governor is the worst liar ever, particularly late in the season. I hate to evoke Godwin's Law but when I think of the people in Woodbury I think of the German's living around Auschwitz "not knowing" it was a death camp. I allow that they/Andrea might want to believe the Governer's a good guy giving how shitty the world is, but I don't buy for a minute that they didn't know he's a monster.

In any case, RIP TV Andrea, they never did find any actual use for you and alternated your character between shrewish and stupid. Both the character and the actress playing her had so much more potential but she was the last of Darabont's people so I'm not terribly surprised to see her go. Still, what a fucking waste. At least Carol and Maggie are well-written, and I expect more good things from Tyreese's sister and Maggie's sister in the future. Maybe now that all the bad female characters are dead we can be done with that nonsense.

That was a weak-ass season ender though. I don't know how The Governor will be a credible threat with only him, Martinez, and Coolio around, especially when his two henchmen clearly don't trust him. I just hope his bullet/zombie proof shield gets lifted soon because I wish I had a quarter for every time he should've been killed this season but wasn't because of reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The%20Walking%20Dead%20SDCC%20Season%204.jpg

“The show could just as easily wind up being too busy with new recurring characters like
Laura
, a single mom and ex-nurse who isn’t quite as strong as she first appears;
Melody
, a ‘just one of the guys’ kinda gal in her 20s; and
Don
, who sounds like Hershel, if Hershel were crankier and two-legged.”

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=82619#aZFrMEVtsEwlpGrp.99

Hmmm...

Yeah, it's really starting to go into unknown territory, and it makes me nervous. But, that said, They've taken very few missteps so far (except maybe

(comic spoilers)

in the lack of Michonne rape and torture. I really feel the Governor arc looses some of it's power when you get rid of that, also with Lori not dying because of him.

) That aside though, they seem to know what they're doing, so let's hope for the best.

Edited by alive she cried

While you still never really know with this series, I believe most of the characters have pretty much reached the untouchable phase on the show (Rick, Carl, Daryl & Michonne)(Glenn & Maggie maybe). Bringing in all new characters with "developed" "roles" is just a tactic by the creators for, as Axel put it, zombie fodder and to pull on the heartstrings of the watcher. But they got another thing coming! I'm IN NO WAY getting attached to ANYONE this season. So fuck you, Walking Dead.

I love you.