Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

Yeah I'm starting to think your idea of the Governor sticking around til next season seems to be right Jax.

I never expected Merle to last the season, so his death wasn't quite a shocker. He went out appropriately too. It would have been too unrealistic for him to stay with the group and just assimilate. He was a great character and will be missed though.

AbmCTXs.gif

tumblr_mk75ceEApm1qk0e3do2_500.gif

Yeah, Merle will be missed. I can't think of a better way for him to go out though, honestly. He redeemed himself in my eyes. That episode was all about redemption and having some hope in the good that's in all of us. Hope in the redeeming qualities that make us human.

• Upvote 1

Right on, Benz. An appropriate gif as well.

I also agree w/ Jax, that wasn't the episode I was expecting either--it was easily 20x better than what I was anticipating. Greg Nicotero seems to be getting the choice scripts to direct this season and he did another outstanding job. The walkers in this episode especially were fantastic.

Looks like we'll get some of what I expected in this episode in the finale though...

During the previews Andrea was bloody in "the chair" and the Gov. makes his full out attack on the prison. All along I was thinking the Gov. was too good of a villain to last only one season, and it looks like he'll make it to S4 as it seems when they attack the prison the group is already gone. My guess is he lasts until the S4 mid-season finale. Maybe they'll just combine the characters of the Gov. and Negan from the comics. Then again maybe Milton kills him. Who the fuck knows w/ this show.

late Comic book Spoils

Man they'd need to tone down Negan if they do introduce him. Combining him w/ this Governor seems reasonable actually.

show spoils

And I seriously think Milton is dead next episode. The unpredictability of this show is through the roof, but still..... it is just set up too well for him not to get offed. I hope not though, he's become alot more interesting.

Comic spoilers and S4 predictions. . .

I started to write up some more definite predictions here, but after reading the Governor's novel synopsis on Wikipedia I just gave up as that shit alone could be 8 episodes. Maybe Milton kills the Governor, as one of the Gov.'s followers did in the comic, or maybe the Gov. kills Milton and/or Andrea. Who the fuck knows. I do think if they wanted to keep David Morrissey around, the series could evolve in to splitting time up between Woodbury and Rick's group. Basically that's what S3 has been anyway. The Gov. could evolve in to a Negan type warlord terrorizing other settlements for supplies and meet up with Rick's group in Alexandria in S4 or we could get flashbacks as to how he came to run Woodbury. The show hasn't done elongated flashbacks yet, but they did do one "show opener" w/ Michonne and Andrea a few episodes back.

It would make sense to me for Rick's group to be wary of other communities after the Woodbury incident and keep to the roads for the first half of S4. Maybe they'd come across the cannibals, would-be Carl rapists, and/or Abraham's group and that could lead them all to Alexandria and Carl's gun-shot. I'm guessing this b/c I think they'd want to get all the great "kid Carl" is a badass moments from the comics in before the actor playing Carl is no longer a kid. Unless they're feeding Chandler Riggs some kind of experimental reverse-growth hormone or he's got whatever condition Emmanuel Lewis and Gary Coleman had, then they've got one more season to squeeze all those great story beats for "kid" Carl into the TV series.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Just hit a couple of late comic spoilers and my eye caught key words before i stopped but, I really gotta catch up on that book.

And of course

RIP Merle. What a standup act before dying. Seriously. Nearly took out the fucking Governor and all.

what a weird fuckin episode

okay, very little went the way i thought it would - panch was right about the governor outliving the season, but what now? he's just with his 2 dudes, recruiting bandits, while no one uses Woodbury?

peace Andrea, part of me hopes the real version of you shows up later like what cutty Tyrese did to T-dog. i hope she has a russian accent too

wait, what wasnt cool about Carl? he's developing, and it's great to see! didnt need to toss the badge though, that's a paddlin

re jax's spoiler

I bet it's a way to make the prison more prominent in season 4. They didn't really do much with it.They showed alot more of Woodbury and it's functions off than they did the prison. At least, it seems that way to me, especially with that bigger crowd they got.

jax - yeah that was my question too; panch was like 'well it's less fortified, and perhaps has bad memories now" man fuck that, get some more plywood and have more frequent barbecues! quality of living's gotta count for something

what a weird fuckin episode

okay, very little went the way i thought it would...

wait, what wasnt cool about Carl? he's developing, and it's great to see! Didn't need to toss the badge though, that's a paddlin

Seems like Herschel and I are on the same page regarding Carl.

As for things not going the way you thought...

You knew Milton was a goner. Dude held out trying to save Andrea, but she stayed true to her S3 self and even managed to fuck that up. Idiot.

Maybe you're right, Nick, and "real" Andrea will manifest herself somewhere down the line. I think Tyrese's sister may do as she's supposedly a crackerjack w/ a rifle. Hmm...

S4 Prediciton: Whatever the fuck Tyrese's sister's name is and Herschel hook up for Andrea/Dale action.

You saw that Woodbury guy get off the bus w/ a Dale hat, right? He's there. That guy is walker bait. Herschel gets his hat. Dale 2.0 No, even better--Derschel! Yup. Governeggan and Derschel in S4!

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
Derschel is my co-pilot.

Comic spoilers

So right now in the comics, the only characters from the first 6 issues that are still alive are Rick, Carol, Andrea and Sophia; and 2 of those 4 are now dead in the show. They are definitely making a deliberate attempt to throw off anyone comic readers that think they an predict what will happen.

In case anyone though there was a chance that maybe the Governor would just disappear and not appear in the show despite survive the finale, it's confirmed he's returning.

Edited by Reverend Jax

Maggie would get it.

I posted a much longer winded verison of this after the Prey episode, but now that S3 is over I abbreviated it and added her new forays in to idiocy w/ the S3 finale.

A brief recap of Andrea's idiotic decisions the past 3 seasons:

* No, it will be much less traumatic if I wait until my sister is a flesh eating zombie until put a bullet in her head. I will hug her now.

* Let's all stay and get blowed up at the CDC!

* Fuck you for caring enough to save my life, Dale!

* Shane is so cool.

* Sure, Beth. You can remain alone whilst feeling overwhelming depression and having suicidal thoughts. I'm no dickhead like, Dale. I'm sure you'll figure it out on your own.

* Where the fuck is Carl and why did Beth try to kill herself!?!?! I gave her such great advice.

* Look guys, I shot a walkerrr...damn. My bad, Daryl!

* Hey, Michonne, thanks for saving my life and protecting me all winter. But this place has bbqs. So, fuck off.

* It's totally reasonable to keep aquariums full of human heads as trophies and your zombie daughter locked in a cage. I said fuck off, Michonne!

* Carol is right--this dude is so evil. I must kill him. After I fuck him. NVRMND.

* They took my gun. Not cool. Now I will run out in to the zombie apocalypse armed with only a pocket knife.

* Haha, Governor! I win! Now I will continue running w/ a pocket knife rather than take your truck.

* Oh, shit. Milton, you ain't dead is you? *stares* Oh, good. You is not dead. *stares some more*

* Let's hug it out, Milton! Ow, you bit me.

* I will kill myself now just to show Dale what a dick he was. I am in control. Fuck youuuuu, Daaaaaaaale!

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
Crybabies need spoiler tags even though they've seen all the episodes.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Like Nick said, this was a strange episode. They're really starting to deviate from the comics now, drifting further from the source material. This is about as far away from it as I'd like to see the show go. The episode was good, though maybe felt a little anti-climactic for a season closer.

Oh and Haku, spoilers.

Edited by alive she cried