Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

Didn't AMC give Breaking Bad 16 episodes to the up things because they couldn't afford to make that show along with their 60s period piece and post apocalyptic horror series? Now we've still got those shows as well as a western, a second post-apocalyptic show, an action drama I still haven't watched and a breaking bad spin-off? What the hell, AMC?

I really don't know how to feel about this, it's doubtful they'll pick anywhere more populated like New York, Miami, or L.A. One idea I always thought would be cool was if that guy who got bit and left way back in season 1 (or volume 1) turned out to have some rare immunity and didn't turn.

Alternatively they could set it in D.C. and set up The Hilltop, Jesus, Negan and all that.

Didn't AMC give Breaking Bad 16 episodes to the up things because they couldn't afford to make that show along with their 60s period piece and post apocalyptic horror series? Now we've still got those shows as well as a western, a second post-apocalyptic show, an action drama I still haven't watched and a breaking bad spin-off? What the hell, AMC?

What are you talking about? Better Call Saul has already been confirmed by AMC.

Edited by Reverend Jax

• 1 year later...

S5E1

This had to be one of he best season openers to a series I have seen in recent memory. Carol is officially now more badass than Daryl. If you didn't watch Talking Dead I highly recommend you do so. The director and showrunner/ writer were on and they revealed a lot of good info on the episode and what's upcoming this season.

My ESPN SC prediction on how the season ends...

Gimple said in Talking Dead we'll get more flashbacks this season AND a villain to rival the governor. It's gotta be Negan. My guess is Negan and his crew took over Terminus and the flashbacks to "Then" will highlight Negan's evil ways and how the Termites chased them off. This will pepper in with Rick's crew as the trek towards D.C. in "Now" time. They'll get to Alexandria, wall comes down, and Negan shows up at the end of the season in "now" time.

so...

towards the end, when we flashback to the original group of Terminus being raped/etc, some of the victims say "it's gonna be okay..." and one of the bandits says "no, it's not." anyone else for a second think that might've been Negan?

Nope

Apparently it's the same guy they "saved" from the container with the long hair and face tats.

I want Negan eventually, but I'm much more interested to see where they take an original show character and throw the book readers some curveballs for now.

Plus

The Penguin (also hippie dude from SSN 4 Rick and Carol were trying to help)

khayH1r.gif

AND!

lU6mTtq.gif

Edited by Axels

so...

towards the end, when we flashback to the original group of Terminus being raped/etc, some of the victims say "it's gonna be okay..." and one of the bandits says "no, it's not." anyone else for a second think that might've been Negan?

Hard to say, but it likely wasn't.

He definitely gave off a Negan vibe though.

What an excellent opening episode.

So,

Alexandria mid season finale, Negan season finale?

Also,

Morgan is back and is totally sane? Is he following markings left by the group? Are they leaving them for Beth maybe? Or just conveniently wondered if Morgan may have just needed directions?

Edited by alive she cried

...so this is gonna be that season, huh

really should've seen the cannibal crew coming earlier, this is a great take on them so far too. and we've still got whatever went down with Beth in the background - another great ep by me, really expected more of a come-down after that badass season opener but the show still delivered.

Glad we still got that scene from the comic book as it was such an iconic one.

And Bob is the closest the group has to a Dale now, so it's fitting it was him. Does anyone else think Bob was crying because he got bit/scratched in the foodbank hole of watery death? I thought that at first, but then I thought maybe he was just so exhausted from always staying positive in front of Sasha that he was simply decompressing and "letting it all out" in a private moment before Gareth and the Terminus hunters snagged him.

Speaking of Gareth, if at some point in this season Michonne isn't pulling her katana out of Gareth's skull I will fucking riot.

Does anyone else think Bob was crying because he got bit/scratched in the foodbank hole of watery death?

...well, shit: i do now

totally fits the book's take with Dale's exit too

also: was that a cross on the car that took beth? any takers on who's involved there?

And Bob is the closest the group has to a Dale now, so it's fitting it was him. Does anyone else think Bob was crying because he got bit/scratched in the foodbank hole of watery death? I thought that at first, but then I thought maybe he was just so exhausted from always staying positive in front of Sasha that he was simply decompressing and "letting it all out" in a private moment before Gareth and the Terminus hunters snagged him.

Speaking of Gareth, if at some point in this season Michonne isn't pulling her katana out of Gareth's skull I will fucking riot.

Comic spoilers.

Yeah definitely, I was just surprised Bob's cries didn't turn into laughs and then "tainted meat!!".

Probably just happen next episode. Also, yeah the cannibals will have Michonnes sword.

Re: Beth, I can't think of anyone from the comics who could be in that car. But seeing as they're stretching out Gabriel's guilt, maybe the people in the crucifix car have some connection to him, some of the people he refused to help maybe.

Oh, and is it just me, or are they building up Eugene's cure even more so than they did in the comics? It's gonna hurt all the more when it's revealed he's been bullshitting them this whole time.

I'm thinking now, arriving in Washington/Eugene's revelation is mid season finale, Alexandrea is season finale. Negan is probably season finale next season.

Comic spoilers.

Yeah definitely, I was just surprised Bob's cries didn't turn into laughs and then "tainted meat!!".

Probably just happen next episode. Also, yeah the cannibals will have Michonnes sword.

Heh.Bob just doesn't have Dale's sense of humor I guess. ;)

Comic spoilers.

Re: Beth,

I can't think of anyone from the comics who could be in that car. But seeing as they're stretching out Gabriel's guilt, maybe the people in the crucifix car have some connection to him, some of the people he refused to help maybe.

Good theory. I hadn't thought of linking the two together. But I wonder

If the Cross Car ppl will end up killing some major characters or if it's just the cannibal hunters? In the previews for the next episode they say "Three are missing already." I'm guessing they mean Bob, Daryl, and Carol. But I could be wrong and the hunters could snatch up some more ppl.

Gabriel is a good bet as a possible casualty, but I fear for Carol. Daryl is growing close to her and she's definitely earned alpha status in the group--and base don past episodes, signs point to outlook not good. Hell, if they announced tomorrow that Carol would be the focus of the spin-off series I'd be stoked, but that ain't gonna happen, unfortunately.

Comic spoilers.

Oh, and is it just me, or are they building up Eugene's cure even more so than they did in the comics? It's gonna hurt all the more when it's revealed he's been bullshitting them this whole time.

I'm thinking now, arriving in Washington/Eugene's revelation is mid season finale, Alexandrea is season finale. Negan is probably season finale next season.

Eh, I think we'll get at least a glimpse of Negan this season. The connection between him and the bunch that overran the non-Cannibal Terminus is just too similar for me to believe Gimple will let that opportunity slip by. He has much more allegiance to the comic than previous show runners, I think.

Also, I wonder if Eugene will end up not being totally full of shit in the show. What if he is wrong about "the cure" but the "infrastructure" he mentioned in S5E2 turns out to be Alexandria? I'm still feeling good about the discovery of Alexandria popping up in the mid-season finale. Even if it's only a reveal in the distance like the prison was in the S2 finale.