Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

when Neegan's W camp shows up, i still can't help but feel Daryl is gonna get brutally Glenn'd to set the stage, but who knows

Really? You think the Wolves are Neegan's crew? Judging off the pacing of last season, I don't think we'll see Neegan until the end of next season. If not the season after.

Here's a quote from one of the producers.

“I happen to love working from source material, specifically because we have a pretty good idea of what season 10 is gonna be. We know where season 11 and 12…we have benchmarks and milestones for those seasons if we’re lucky enough to get there.”

And an interview with Kirkman a few months ago.

Now that the monthly comic series is at issue #134, a common question among fans is whether the show will catch up with the comic series, and, what would happen if that does eventually occur.

We recently caught up with Kirkman at New York Comic Con where the creator assured us fans have nothing to worry about. There's plenty of material for the AMC series for seasons to come.

"We have a huge head start," Kirkman tells Business Insider. "We’re many many years ahead of them [the comics] and Charlie Adlard and I continue to crank issues out every month. So if we continue and the show continues, the material we’re working on right now would be season 11 or 12."

"And by the time we get to season 11 or 12, we’ll be like five or six years ahead of that," he adds. "Really at the pace that the show is going and the comic is going, they’ll never really catch up."

Not many series make it to 10 seasons and beyond. If its run does last that long, "The Walking Dead" would be in a select group with shows including "M*A*S*H" (11 seasons), "Frasier" (11 seasons) and "Two and a Half Men" (12 seasons). "The Simpsons" is now in its 26th season.

Kirkman's aware of that and the possibility that at any point zombie fatigue could in, but he says they're well prepared.

"The show could fade in popularity and end at some point," says Kirkman. "We’re certainly aware of that and we have game plans in place for that if it were to happen."

Gene Page/AMC

Kirkman says "The Walking Dead" is more than just a zombie show. It's about survival and as the series has shown, it's about family.

"I would argue that our show isn’t solely a zombie show. It’s a survival show," Kirkman adds. "If you’ve been paying attention to the comics the zombies certainly fluctuate from being very in the forefront to being very far into the background and not being a very big part of the comic at all. And I think the show will follow a similar trajectory. So, I think as long as we can kind of be more than just a zombie show, we’ll hopefully be okay if there’s ever a big backlash to zombies but who knows what the future holds as far as the show’s popularity goes. We’ll see."

Read more: http://www.businessi...2#ixzz3XEvXC0NV

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I like the actor they chose for Heath also. For some reason I never really took to him in the comics, but his portrayal here is really likable.

PS Panch, if you need to fill the roster, I vote Eugene for Mikey and Abraham for Raph.

Edited by Axels

^^Trufax. Carol is too good for Daryl. There. I said it and I don't care what the damn shippers do to me!

Kevin Smith wasn't being his usuall hyperbolic self on Talking Dead, this was truly one of the best episodes of the series. Enid's origin to the "last cigarette" to Morgan's turn--it was all so expertly written, filmed, and performed. Get this show some Emmy's already.

So what do y'all think, is Morgan killing again--is it more him "seeing the light" or is it more "he's gone over to the dark side"?

I feel it's more the former than latter. Carol is preaching the gospel. Ain't nobody got time for handcuffing prisoners when Wolves are choppin' up your people and wearing their blood like warpaint.

Also, any ideas on what that blue bag was Morgan was carrying at the end of the episode?

....so yeah

CSOGen-UkAAVEvy.jpg

save a fuckboy's life & watch him get you taken out ded.gif

not like he was getting out of that situation anyway, but still

panch was saying how it goes to show you that alpha team isn't invincible - couldn't stop thinking about all the many different situations dude survived (similar traps, the bats of terminus, tied to a chair in governor's town, etc) - so many online calling this a "pointless" death, when it was exactly the kind the show gives you...you felt safe, like stuff would work out because it's him, even in overwhelming odds...and it didn't and you didn't see it coming from that scene either. so harsh.

*edit - theories going around that it was Nicholas' body on top of him getting devoured, and folks thinking it's a pump-fake...honestly, as upset as i was, id be a little let down if that's the case

either way? preview made next ep seem like it's all about Morgan so it's possible we won't know for weeks mine.gif

also article about some of the differences between show & book, obviously potential spoilers within

this too: on Enid from last week's ep

Nah Glenn's gone...

When he told Rick "Good luck dumbass"... ugh. That was a permadeath.There's no way those zombies weren't eating both bodies.

Sad to be sure though. I don't get emotional on these shows usually, but that kinda choked me up.

does that mean anything though? couldn't glenn be a flashback or a figment rick's damaged psyche is seeing?

look, if his plot-armor not only has nicholas' body being eaten on top of him (but leaving him unscathed while literally dozens of zombies feast) and manages to slide under a nearby dumpster (how the hell) just to pump fake the fans, i'm gonna be kinda salty cause man that's weak

Gotta admit it would be pretty fucked up to save Glenn only to have him take a Lucille to the face at the end for the season. I'm all for curve balls, but for non comic readers that would be a hell of a curve ball. I keep thinking that Darryl is gonna get it that way though so who knows.