Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

So yeah last episode... totally had someone ruin it for me on fb last night

And 3 weeks ago. Not surprised at all with how that went down. It's a shitty thing to do, but hardly jumping the shark. I'm sure they are keeping his little head in tact so they can squash it at the end of the season.

Green balloons!!!!!!

Really looking forward to the mid-season finale next week. "Eye" do believe it "aims" to be a doozey.

Comic spoiler...

I hope the show has the cajones to give us Weakened Depth Perception/Nick Fury Carl. The show was definitely teasing comic fans witht hat this episode.

I especially like how the show is setting up the audience to really hate of Son of Porchdick. I think in the comic it was just a random shot that took out Carl, and there wasn't this rivalry between the son and Carl. It makes for better drama to have this personal vendetta.

So apparently we just met Dwight

The-Walking-Dead-Dwight.jpg

Ooh. I never even thought of Dwight being this guy. Makes sense. Imma miss Dillahunt in the roll, but I like how they're "breadcrumbing" Negan.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
You're the asshole, Enid!

I mean

Comic spoilers

They fucked with you for a few weeks. Big whoop. He's gonna die. And it's gonna be way worse than that. So, if you didn't enjoy how they copped out, at least know you'll enjoy the reaction by the non comic readers when they collectively loose their shits.

Edited by alive she cried
Added Comic spoilers

^That's what I'm saying

Comic spoilers

It's gonna be TWD's version of The Red Wedding. Pretty much regardless of who gets whacked, but especially if it's Glenn at this point. It's even more Kirkman-ish that what the books did.

Added Comic spoilers

...nah, they'll puss out

though if it went down that way, and this pump-fake was just to set that up, all sins would be forgiven, cause that'd be crazy ballsy. watch it be someone else's death

...for real though, them not revisiting it for weeks did start to give it away, i was just in denial since i thought it was so very cheap

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding S6E8 [mid-season finale]

It was an interesting choice, to go with more of a low-key, underwhelming episode. According to Talking Dead, this episode is very much a lead up to crazy shit happening in S6E9.

Comic Book Spoilers

I was really hoping Son of Porchdick would liberate Carl of his eye this episode, but that other dipshit kid looks to set off the chain of events that get Carl fucked up in the comic. I hope they stay true to this in the TV series. I think some of the stories that have come out of Carl losing his eye in the comic have really shaped Carl in to the character he is today. Plus that scene where Negan makes Carl take off his bandages is one of my Top 10 moments of the comic series. Guess we'll see in February 2016.

Also, anyone else not know it was pronounced Knee-gun? I was always saying it as Nay-gun.

I've always pronounced it Knee-gun.

comic spoilers

I think if Carl goes through all of that stuff it will have a different impact here. He's such a different character on the show now. He's come along way since season one and has become alot different from his comic counterpart. Things may play out the same, but it'll have a different feel to it.

Another Knee-gun here. Must be just you Haku tongue.png

Comic spoilers

I really hope, they make Carl lose the eye. His character is nowhere as good as it is in the comics (I understand the actor aging meant they couldn't do most of the best comic moments), but God does he need this. He's currently too level headed, too calm under pressure, he's basically a mini Rick. Remember in the comics when they first arrived at the Alexandria, and Carl struggled to adjust to going back to a relatively normal childhood? He was distrustful, angry, mentally scarred and regularly lashed out. He needs more of that, and I think losing the eye could do that for him.

• 2 months later...

That whole scene where...

...arguably the zombpocalypse's most annoying family finally gets eaten and then Carl says, "Dad?" I'm doing this on the inside...

7drHiqr.gif

Shiiiiiit

I think you meant, "Nibble on that!"

Who's Deana Neegan!?!?!

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
nibble, nibble, nibble

People are gonna hate that last development, strangely I really liked it. If there ever was a shippable couple, it's Richonne.

I like that it happened, too.

Comic Spoiler

It really makes the most sense for the show for these two characters to hook up, but you've got to wonder where Ezekiel will play in to this down the line. Or will he be a love interest for Michonne at all? Rick and Andrea have had a really long run in the comics, so I wonder if this "Richonne" will be the show equivalent of that? Sasha seems to have taken on the "sniper" roll of Andrea from the comics and looks to be what might cause Abraham to end things with Rosita. I just hope if Richonne will be a thing that it lasts.

Oh yeah, and Jesus Rovia (?) seems like he was cast well. A lot of his escapes and acrobatics happened off camera, so I wonder if this actor will use a stunt double or something when things start to get hectic and Jesus has to go all Fists of Fury?

Also, that last scene was all like...

giphy.gif

Comic Spoilers up to #151

Comic Spoiler

It really makes the most sense for the show for these two characters to hook up, but you've got to wonder where Ezekiel will play in to this down the line. Or will he be a love interest for Michonne at all? Rick and Andrea have had a really long run in the comics, so I wonder if this "Richonne" will be the show equivalent of that? Sasha seems to have taken on the "sniper" roll of Andrea from the comics and looks to be what might cause Abraham to end things with Rosita. I just hope if Richonne will be a thing that it lasts.

I totally agree, with Andrea gone Michonne was the obvious choice. Ezekiel also popped into my mind straight away as well. Maybe Sasha can fill that role after Abraham eats a bullet with his face, because I would be astounded if Richonne don't remain together indefinitely, like Rick and Andrea have in the comics. Carl explicitly calling her family as well, suggests this will be permanent.

Oh yeah, and Jesus Rovia (?) seems like he was cast well. A lot of his escapes and acrobatics happened off camera, so I wonder if this actor will use a stunt double or something when things start to get hectic and Jesus has to go all Fists of Fury?

Long hair, beard, hat, and long coat, the character is tailor-made for stunt doubles if needed. That said I think the reason most of his moments of skill were off screen was to keep the viewers in the dark.

Comic Spoilers up to #151

I totally agree, with Andrea gone Michonne was the obvious choice. Ezekiel also popped into my mind straight away as well. Maybe Sasha can fill that role after Abraham eats a bullet with his face, because I would be astounded if Richonne don't remain together indefinitely, like Rick and Andrea have in the comics. Carl explicitly calling her family as well, suggests this will be permanent.

Long hair, beard, hat, and long coat, the character is tailor-made for stunt doubles if needed. That said I think the reason most of his moments of skill were off screen was to keep the viewers in the dark.

Negan & Lucille - Comic Spoilers [up to issue #151]

Negan is cast and confirmed for this season, so the only question left about him is "when" will he show up. We're all in agreement these two lovebirds are most likely going to be the finale to S6, no? Now, I think the real question left is, will Glen be the one Lucille gets all bloody and dead? I'm honestly not sure. You've got to think for Negan to be a real threat that a major character, a core character, has to go. Just as it was in the comic. Yet we all know how the AMC show loves to keep events and situations form the comics but switch up the characters said events happen to.

In my mind these are the top candidates for who Negan will kill with Lucille:

1. Glen - I think Glen's "non" death earlier in the season was a "double red herring." The AMC writers all know pretty much everyone is expecting Negan to kill Glen, so they "kill" him earlier on. Now that Glen isn't dead, fans are sure he's "safe" and someone else will likely meet Lucille. WRONG! Glen's death in the comics is so brutal and so definite that I think this will be the AMC show writers' way of saying to the fans, "Yes, Glen is 100% dead this time. 100%."

2. Carol - I may be making this list prematurely as we don't know how the whole Morgan/Carol conflict will turn out in the show, but she's been with the group from the start and is a solidified badass. Taking her out will instantly mark Negan as hated and formidable. It will also motivate Daryl to kill that "summabitch" Negan and maybe make some rash decisions which conflict with Rick. Good potential for drama with other characters if Carol goes.

3. Maggie - No way to make an audience hate a character more than killing a pregnant woman. However, I almost put her last as the whole Hilltop storyline with her in the comics seems too good for the AMC writers to pass up. She becomes a much more interesting character in the comics after Glen dies.

4. Daryl - I almost left him off the list, but the actor Norman Reedus made me put Daryl in the last spot. My guess is Norman Reedus is maybe itching to move on to something else. Six years seems like a good amount of time for someone like him to want to move on. Granted, this is complete speculation and Reedus could have a contract signed up to season 10 of TWD for all I know. But I think there is just the tiniest of possibilities this may go down.

So basically, to me, it's really only down to Carol & Glen. I think Maggie & Daryl could be on the tee for Negan, but if neither one of them are in that line-up of characters on their knees as Negan strolls by them with Lucille I wouldn't be too surprised.

Paul "Jesus" Rovia - Comic Spoilers [up to issue #151]

Yeah, stunt double will be easy work with that outfit for acrobatic stuff, but we only got a glimpse of his hand-to-hand skills in episode 610. So I was wondering if this actor has the mojo to pull it off himself in fight scenes because I'm expecting fucking fireworks from Jesus' fights when Negan and ALL OUT WAR comes to AMC. I looked the actor up online, Tom Payne, and he doesn't look impressive at all. I'm guessing we'll see a lot of Jesus kicking ass shot from behind.

I also wonder if Jesus will turn out to be gay in the TV show like in the comics. On the AMC show there are already two prominent gay couples, Tara & Dr. Ginger: Medicine Woman and Badass Ethan & That Other Dude He loves. Maybe Jesus will be bisexual and steal Michonne from Rick only to hook up with Daryl. Yikes! I'm going down some weird paths here, so I'll stop with all the sexual relationship speculation.

Now I feel like know how shippers can get sucked down such dark digressions. I'm staying clear of those paths.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
Batter up!

• 3 weeks later...

Comic spoilers

man, some of the deviations from the book got interesting last ep

Rick went full-on Governor with that speech - they took the best option on the table, but it was dehumanizing, and even Rick himself seemed to feel it. then they go & give you the Lucille photos to keep you from feeling like his group is the bad guys..and speaking of, my stomach is already twisting at what's coming; showing that really gave you the feeling they're not gonna shy away & pan the camera elsewhere too much, ugh.

also i read people saying how funny it is to kidnap Killa Carol, of all people

Actors on Talking Dead keeping mentioning how the scripts just increase in intensity throughout this second half of the season and so far they ain't just been whistlin' Dixie. The rest of the season has me really excited. You know if they gave that much away in the previews then the actual episode itself is going to be batshit crazy. Like Beet Cookies 2: The Second Batch level crazy.