Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

They don't have the walls to bludgeon a woman to death on TV.

Yup, they're totally walless over there at TWD(on AMC).

See I think Carol is the one that's gonna get "Lucille'd."

My money is on Morgan, that is if Glenn doesn't use a Nicholas shield to escape the horde somehow.

Well see, they're going to burn his corpse and when he comes out alive and unscathed they're going to find out he's a Targareyn and rightful heir to the iron throne.

Hey, remember that time that Tyrese was trapped in a gymnasium full of zombies for hours? Remember when Carol definitely died in the prison? First rule of horror: Nobody is dead until you see their corpse.

i respect your rule, i do, but

Tyrese magically had that same rage-fueled plot armor in the book, so i guess that was okay? and the carol thing...look they're valid examples but the gratuity of this one feels like a bigger pump-fake is all

i'm not saying the writers can't keep him alive somehow (clearly, they can) just that i think it's a shittier thing to do than the prior ones, is all. like, we're gonna have a large enough distraction to get all those zombies away from (allegedly) nicholas' corpse before they work their way down, or they're all so very distracted that he slithers away unnoticed? that shot from above just...ughh. feels cheap if he does make it.

i respect your rule, i do, but

Tyrese magically had that same rage-fueled plot armor in the book, so i guess that was okay? and the carol thing...look they're valid examples but the gratuity of this one feels like a bigger pump-fake is all

i'm not saying the writers can't keep him alive somehow (clearly, they can) just that i think it's a shittier thing to do than the prior ones, is all. like, we're gonna have a large enough distraction to get all those zombies away from (allegedly) nicholas' corpse before they work their way down, or they're all so very distracted that he slithers away unnoticed? that shot from above just...ughh. feels cheap if he does make it.

I'm not saying that it's not cheap or that the deck isn't stacked massively against Glenn, but when things are shot in such a way as this one was it makes me suspicious. Every shot for shows like this is deliberately staged and if they don't specifically show us that it's Glenn's guts getting munched on I'm automatically suspicious. Now, admittedly maybe they know I'll be suspicious and they're using that expectation to trick me into hoping he makes it out but the placement of that dumpster and the way they never actually show him get bit is leaving the door open for a, surely moronic, last-second miracle.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy fucking shit! He's perfect.

Oh also, as a new(ish) mod of movies and tv, I want to set a rule that applies for all threads. (No Baytor, the sky isn't falling, ASC is making a rule.) (Also if any of the other mods disagrees with me, I'm obviously open to a discussion, but I can't imagine they'd have a problem.)

• If you're spoiling a tv show/movie, you gots to put that shit in spoilers, which almost everybody is pretty good about to be fair.
  • If you're spoiling the original source material, you have to state outside of spoilers that you're discussing the source material not just the show or movie. Essentially just throwing a "comic spoiler" or "book spoiler" would be perfect.
  • Finally if you're discussing recent comics or books, give us a "recent comic spoiler" warning. I know this may seem unnecessary for this thread and say Preacher. But there are still people who haven't read Preacher (somehow) and also not up to date on The Walking Dead, and may wander in to the thread and get the whole show ruined (although Rogan seems to be trying to do that for them already)

I've gone through the Preacher thread and I'm currently working my way through this substantial thread adding and modifying tags, so I'd really appreciate if people kept to these guidelines. Also, if you see that someone has left a blatant spoiler, by accident or dickishness please drop me a pm.

Edited by alive she cried

BOO!

I'm with ya on this. The guy they got looks more the part of the guy in the comic book, but Dillahunt could've done some interesting things. Maybe they'll work him in as another character...

COMIC BOOK SPOILER ALERT IN CONJUNCTION WITH EMPEROER PALPATINE'S ASC'S DECREE

Dillahunt as Negan's burnt-faced, crossbow wielding "No I'm Not Daryl" Lieutenant Dwight could be awesome.

They need to stop wasting great character actors on quick-death bit parts. They had fucking Ethan Embry! Why would you ditch him so quickly?!

I'm not spoilering this because it will make no sense if you're not already in-the-know. Dillahunt would make a more than capable Dwight, I hope they find a long-term use for him.