Hondo's Bar

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Sorry I'm probably overthinking this guys but multiverse stuff is kind of a kink of mine so I love to see it done right.

Agreed, it'd be nice to see if movie-verse X-Men could handle this staple of comicdom well. And I'm all for the next film being influenced by AOA. I loved the original AOA storyline so hard back in the day. How does it stand up to all the newer AOA stuff in the MU?

Whoa, whoa. Who negged me and for what? I never said she was fat. She looked swollen in that movie, like she was having an allergic reaction or something. I always thought it was a reaction to the mystique makeup.

Hmm...

Then why didn't you post a pic of her in the makeup from First Class? Anyway, if you say you didn't mean it that way then I'll take your word for it. But it totally didn't come across that way to me in your initial post.

Panch or NZA will up it for ya.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
hmm...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After watching Jack the Giant Slayer and seeing how not-awful it was I'm cautiously confident that Brian Singer may be ready to make a really good movie again.

Seconded. Also, I like the look of Bishop and older Logan. I wonder if this film will actually have Wolverine in his mask though--I'll take either the yellow or orange even though I'm more partial to the latter,

First teaser footage revealed.

Description in spoiler.

We see a closeup of Patrick Stewart's eye, and someone (Stewart) asks, "What's the last thing you remember?" Professor X (Stewart) responds, "I had a glimpse into the past."Then Professor X tells Wolverine, "You're going to have to do for me what I once did for you." We slowly zoom out from Professor X's aged face, and then we see him with a Cerebro helmet on, and later coming out of the Cerebro chamber.

And this is a dark dystopian future, where the dark, fetishy costumes are looking more dirty and distress and messed up, and Professor X and Ian McKellen's Magneto seem weary and filled with dread. They're in a war chamber in front of a table that shows how badly things are going. Wolverine even has a bit of gray in his facial hair.

We see flashes of all our favorite mutants, including Storm against a stormy sky, Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde, and some others. And there are futuristic-looking mutants, including Omar Sy as Bishop, and some others I couldn't identify wearing dramatic Mad Max-y makeup.

We learn that Professor X and Magneto have come together "side by side, to end this war before it ever begins."

Wolverine asks, "So I wake up in my younger body, and then what?" Professor X responds, "Find me, convince me of all this." And Magneto chimes in that Wolverine will find younger Magneto a different person, "a darker person." We catch glimpses of 1970s versions of Magneto and Professor X — with a lot more hair and a lot more fire to them. Young Professor X has a crazy beard and a 1970s groovy outfit with an X-shaped light on his face, while Young Magneto (Michael Fassbender) is waving a gun.

We see Young Professor X blowing dust off a white globe.

Back then, Professor X says, "I was a very different man. Lead me, guide me, be patient with me." We see Young Professor X putting his hands on someone's face as he tries to understand. Maybe Wolverine's face?

Older Wolverine responds, "Patience isn't my strong suit."

And then blue glowing hands are gripping Wolverine's head, sending him back in time into the body of his younger self.

We catch glimpses of other stuff — Young Magneto using his powers to pull a distressed Mystique along the floor. Young Magneto descending from the air looking scary. There is a mysterious opening under the Oval Office, revealed by the oval opening up like a trapdoor. And protests in the street, and Bolivar Trask (Peter Dinklage) addressing a government hearing. And Richard Nixon looking weird and terrifying — and then Mystique walking down the street changing into a man in a pimp suit.

There is a LOT of stuff blowing up, and Young Professor X using Magneto, and the Beast attacking, a woman walking away from an airplane, and a military setting. We glimpse Professor X shielding his face from an intense white light, and the Cerebro machine exploding.

Young Professor X says, "I don't want your suffering. I don't want your future."

And then Old Professor X is face to face with his younger self. He says: "Please. We need you to hope again."

Hopefully this gets on youtube soon.

Edited by axel_napalm