Hondo's Bar

The 5th Annual Hondies

The NZA

most people on here know of Preacher. This site takes its name largely from that book. That banner including it was well-played, and its really only those ignorant of the book that lose out.

The first word of your post does prove my point of not everyone knowing about the book. Ignorance of the book or not, the post in hand was pretty ignorant, in my opinion. Now feel free to stop taling down to me.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

artists are sensitive types, man. it hurts to have them do all this free labor and then DoJ just comes in and just shits all over everything while calling us fanboys*.

*you see what i did there, DoJ? another day came sooner than you thought.

artists are sensitive types, man. it hurts to have them do all this free labor and then DoJ just comes in and just shits all over everything while calling us fanboys*.

*you see what i did there, DoJ? another day came sooner than you thought.

even though i haven't actually complained just said something came across all ignorant is all.

The fact is that it was a funny banner, and people had to go and take it seriously. :wink: You know, Bono and Colin Ferrell are not representative of the whole Irish nation, furthermore, I find it highly insulting that blah blah blah :lecture: Jeesh, laugh at yourselves for pete's sake. If the Cubans had won, I would have laughed at a banner of Fidel Castro dancing with Ricky Ricardo, José Canseco and Celia Cruz on a giant cigar floating in the Caribbean Sea. Now, it would have been tough to make the cigar not look like a big dookie, but DJ could have pulled it off.

i actually thought it was done very well. (it's no strongbad, but jeez strongbad's probably the best banner ever)

i don't like bono, but his arm around cass is done so seamlessly i can forgive his presence (this time) :2T:

but really for me he coulda put a union jack in the background and i would'nt have cared as long as it had cass.

thanks to sb and df for my banners, much appreciated guys

thanks man,

so is this tounge* in cheek? using one of stephen king's scariest creations to portray funniest.

or is it just a comment on my style of comedy? :D

* according to the spell checker ye spell "tounge" "tongue" :2T:

To be honest I don't know why I picked what I did, yours was the first one I did I think. Funny=clowns, so when I did a search for clowns "it" came up, and I was just enthralled with that picture and thought I'd be awesome to use. Sorry to creep you out, its hard to come up with ideas for these things.

To be honest I don't know why I picked what I did, yours was the first one I did I think. Funny=clowns, so when I did a search for clowns "it" came up, and I was just enthralled with that picture and thought I'd be awesome to use. Sorry to creep you out, its hard to come up with ideas for these things.

It makes me wish I had won funniest! I fucking the frown that Tim Curry's givin'. It makes me laugh everytime I see it! IT ftw.

Thats the great thing about tastes and opinions, not everybodies is similar, good for you if you find it funny. I have no real complaint about it other than by comparison to say the strongbad banner which was great, its kinda lacking is all.

Well yes but your argument loses all strength because the Australians have Kangaroo Jack and NOBODY likes Kangaroo Jack.

No kidding.

Not everyone here is a comic fan, myself included. Its pretty ignorant and all sweeping to assume so, or to say what one should like.

Considering that Preacher is considered by many on here to be one of their favorite things...well...ever, it's not ignorant to suggest that it's somebody's loss if they haven't experienced it. Just as you could say that someone is at a loss if they haven't seen Gone Baby Gone yet (y'see what I did there?). I wasn't saying she was subhuman for not reading the thing, just that obviously she was missing out - if not on a good yarn, then certainly on the joke.

Neither am I saying that Bono and Cassidy effectively represent the whole of the Irish population. The point was, these are two Irish figures who are about as far apart on the spectrum as you could imagine and that by showing them with their arms around each other, enjoying each other's company, it was a humorous way to include and accept everything and everyone Irish that came in between those extremes.

And then I realized it needed something on the other side to balance out the image and I found the idea of Colin Farrell, looking enviously at their bond, to be pretty funny.

But you guys are right, I don't know any of you Irish, I don't know what you like, and I don't know how you perceive yourselves. Perhaps I wasn't the best one to put something together to represent you, but I didn't exactly see any of you jumping at the chance to do it yourselves. I'm all for constructive criticism, but "meh I don't like Bono and I don't read Preacher and you don't know me" doesn't help anyone. Next year maybe you guys would be better off making your own damn banner.

And thankyou, ASC.

For what it's worth Bob, I dug the shit outta it. And while I still remain at a loss regarding the cultural phenom that is Kangaroo Jack, that sig is some serious talent, and it beats the living anti-christ outta Steve Irwin.

Frankly, I figure this comes down to quotas: For the first time the Irish can't piss and moan about being underappreciated in a seas of Cliques so they turn on the sigs. I wouldn't take it personal man.

Considering that Preacher is considered by many on here to be one of their favorite things...well...ever, it's not ignorant to suggest that it's somebody's loss if they haven't experienced it. Just as you could say that someone is at a loss if they haven't seen Gone Baby Gone yet (y'see what I did there?). I wasn't saying she was subhuman for not reading the thing, just that obviously she was missing out - if not on a good yarn, then certainly on the joke.

My bad, things tend to come across badly on here, especially in work, didn't mean to bite your face off or anything.

And skeet, if you're gonna bang on about the whole clique thing, i'm not the one who does, its usually a smattering of words between nick and sof where the clique gets brandied about, for what its worth, when we were made our own chapter i was one of the few who was against it, mostly because i liked the originality of my own little title.

For what it's worth Bob, I dug the shit outta it. And while I still remain at a loss regarding the cultural phenom that is Kangaroo Jack, that sig is some serious talent, and it beats the living anti-christ outta Steve Irwin.]

I actually had a completely different idea in mind for the Oz banner, but I couldn't get it to work properly. And everytime I did an image search for "Australia", half the pictures were of Kangaroo Jack (sorry about that, that must suck) so I figured google was trying to tell me something.

Besides, it was a good way to sneak the group picture into the banner without being obvious about it.

No, that was class. So are there any banners left even? Next year I propose the banners just apparate into people's signatures with no idea who is responsible, if for no other reason than to keep the intrigue of just what will happen with 'em one year to the next.

No, that was class. So are there any banners left even? Next year I propose the banners just apparate into people's signatures with no idea who is responsible, if for no other reason than to keep the intrigue of just what will happen with 'em one year to the next.

I believe the only banner left is "most missed" for 2track/testes McWhatthefuckever, I really couldn't make a good banner for it the first time I tried, It just had alot of sad looking cats & dogs on it. I don't know if that really conveys what I'm looking for.

Archived