Hondo's Bar

The 5th Annual Hondies

The NZA

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, DoJ: calm down. you posted your idea back there at the same time as i posed the question. so yes, if this isnt controversial enough to be poll-worthy, then perhaps we'll get this going in may, and not speak of it again till january. at all.

I don't know when the 2007 awards STARTED, but my MVP banner has a "Created On" date of May 14 2007, and that was one that was a close call, so it was all wrapped up by mid-May last year. Seems we would not be jumping the gun to kick it off as soon as possible.

so you're co-singing the plan to do it now, but move the date from henceforth to january, then?

I think that sounds good.

Also Nick, I'm starting to get back into doing banners/icons and things, so I could lend my hand towards it. And if Stilly is up to the challenge, I think he would be badass at making some awesome banners.

I only mentioned the Hondies in Blargh since I saw that the 4th Annual started on 04/06/07 and the 3rd Annual started on 05/09/2006...oh well...

Anyhoodles, we don't necessarily have to have one now, but I do like the idea of having one in January from now on. Nominees announced in Jan representing work from Jan-Dec from the previous year and the awards held in February (isn't that how the Oscars works?)

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so 2 things need to happen before even the preliminary awards are ready to go.

The fist thing are banners. Granted, some of them kinda wait till we see who wins, but more than a few can be done beforehand, and should, so that everyone gets their due.

Not that i didnt adore this.

3RDFUCKINGANNUALAWARDS2.gif

This year, ill be relying on receiving support from MH and stillB so the work's spread around, assuming theyre cool with that. it was an easy choice since theyre mad creative and i think their ideas/vision will work best. for instance:

3rdannual-POD-Underdog.gif

is still one of my favorites, and i hope this year's is only a slight variation of that. that, and obscure references to our favorite shit like:

3rd%20Awards%20-%20Funniest%20with%20seizures.gif

seriously, if we rush em and everything's just a qwarts reference, im kool & the gang. they have to be fun, but not overly elaborate!

However, for that, we need to agree on the categories:

Hondo's MVP

Rookie of the Year

Underdog (board's best kept secret)

Smartest

Villain

Best Thread

Best Member Group (fight!!)

Best Signature (im thinking of skipping this one)

Best Avatar

Most Missed

Most Obsessed

Hottest Guy/Grrl (again, this year, pics or GTFO)

Obligatory Pity/Biggest crybaby award

I'm purposely leaving off best couple, nicest (cant we just do a lifetime achievement for MH?!) and a few others im not overly fond of. Im trying to come up with a few new ones too; again, i know Best Sig is like the equivalent of best editing or sound in the oscars so id rather just have something in its stead. Taking non-lame ideas here.

it was, and at one point, we had to define if that talent was athletic? creative/artistic? so we ended up with creative, more or less. but yeah, we could certainly add that back, wish i had a better criteria for it but i guess the all-inclusive one still works.

funniest should definately be there

you're only saying that cause 2T has been missing for a bit now, and baytor/others have been given a chance to shine. otherwise, it feels like another lifetime achievement award.

fuck it, if you guys want it, we'll do it, but im gonna call the award just that.

and SB - you almost make me wanna combine avatar/sig awards. plus, dont you often own the creative award!? heh.

I liked it when panch did it with the nominees and that. They seemed a little too thrown together last year on account of no nominations I thought.

As for the categories I agree that sigs gotta go or maybe merged with avatar as Nick said and Funniest has to come back (so Baytor can get my vote already!). Other than that Im pretty much in agreement with the general consensus.

What kinda date you looking at doing this Nick?

Archived