Hondo's Bar

The 5th Annual Hondies

The NZA

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you're only saying that cause 2T has been missing for a bit now, and baytor/others have been given a chance to shine. otherwise, it feels like another lifetime achievement award.

Sorry I've been too fucking busy to log on here what with my having cancer, EMTing and keeping Boston cool. Fuck. Tough crowd.

and SB - you almost make me wanna combine avatar/sig awards. plus, dont you often own the creative award!? heh.

Depends on how controversial it is each year.

Am I the only one who finds the Most Missed category a little weird? I mean, I appreciate the sentiment but really we're just giving an award banner to someone who isn't around to receive it anymore. Wouldn't a Most Missed thread suffice?

Depends on how controversial it is each year.

Am I the only one who finds the Most Missed category a little weird? I mean, I appreciate the sentiment but really we're just giving an award banner to someone who isn't around to receive it anymore. Wouldn't a Most Missed thread suffice?

prolly, but im just sorta always hoping that extra bit will push them back 'round. plus this year, ill try to have more of the people on the cusp of returning, so i think its worth a shot.

so yeah, thinking of combining avatar/sig for 1 award. im debating a "best moderator" one too.

im debating a "best moderator" one too.

I'd disagree here, every time i've tried to make a move as a mod, in a corner of mine, its been whined about, so i feel mods are nothing really more than a name sake, but if i were to give my nod for a mod it'd be for ASC spoilering out rain2skies' cuntish act over in culture, thats only about the real act of modship i've really seen around these parts that hasn't been mopped up by your mini admins.

fuckaconsultation, post your ideas! i forgot some of the new categories and its killing me. we need to change it up, and bish & panch were part of the birth of a new angle for this inevitable trainwreck awesomeness: the first Hondo's podcast!

Man, just a wedge-in for the Hondies because sig recognition is wonderful(and for the record I was planning on springing this idea after the 17th), but how about a battle of the Bands, Rock Band Style? The Pepper republic Vs The Hot Costners Vs (texas band forthcoming? Seriously, MH, SB, CJ-let your powers combine to create Cap'n Texas!!)

Do you have Rock Band yet? Last I saw you were still dancing around it(although that IS the one thing it's missing-a dancemat). If you do, you, RA and Sig(and whoever else you have hiding down there) should record a couple of tracks!!

:Hijack: take it up in the rock band thread; there's already too much going on here. this is nearly as bad as you trying to shoehorn vegas into hondos-con!

Podcast idea is going over well, i see. Im still torn between embracing the superlative nature of these awards or trying to make them somehow cooler/better than just that.

I do know this: an outdated member title & avatar due to apathy does not a ballot entry make, dear skeet.

If you care so much change it for me. And it's not off-topic. I'm proposing one of the Hondies category be a battle of the bands, or 'best rock band' if you will.

And I'm probab;y the last remaining person in the world that doesn't know what a podcast is.

Archived