Hondo's Bar

Ghostbusters (2016)

I'm gonna throw another Star Wars (me having not seen them (although I am rectifying that)) out there. I don't think I've ever seen either of The Ghostbuster movies all the way through, if I did, it didn't make a major impression on me. I have seen snippets here and there, but have never had an urge to sit through the whole thing.

But yeah, I always associate Hudson with The Crow.

Yeah I rewatched The Crow a few weeks ago and it always surprises me how I forget how great it is. It's such a damn good movie and I really don't want a remake.

For some reason, Ernie Hudson in Congo is my go to. He was cool as hell in that.

I just wanna keep talking about Ernie Hudson

I'm gonna throw another Star Wars (me having not seen them (although I am rectifying that)) out there. I don't think I've ever seen either of The Ghostbuster movies all the way through, if I did, it didn't make a major impression on me. I have seen snippets here and there, but have never had an urge to sit through the whole thing.

Pretty much me for a really long time. I still haven't seen the 2nd one. I'm this way about the entire Back to the Future series too.

Edited by Axels

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/26/entertainment/sigourney-weaver-ghostbusters-thr-feat/

Sigourney Weaver confirmed to be in the reboot!

06.jpg

Bill Murray explained his participation:

http://www.vulture.com/2015/08/bill-murray-on-why-he-did-ghostbusters-cameo.html

“I thought about it for a very long time - like, many, many months. No, that’s not right - I was seriously thinking about this for years, really. It kept eating at me and I really respect those girls. And then I started to feel like if I didn’t do this movie, maybe somebody would write a bad review or something, thinking there was some sort of disapproval [on my part].”

Dwight-Schrute-Thank-You-Cry-On-THe-Office.gif

Personally, aside from Ghostbusters - I totally associate him w/ THE CROW...

Yessssss! I forgot about him in this one! Classic Hudson.

However, when I think of a non-Ghostbuster Ernie Hudson film I always think of The Hand That Rocks The Cradle. Rebecca DeMornay is scarier in this one than anything in The Crow. He was also the warden in HBO's Oz.

• 2 weeks later...

The Hollywood Reporter

splashd-moranis-withtitle.jpg

Rick Moranis Reveals Why He Turned Down 'Ghostbusters' Reboot: "It Makes No Sense to Me"

When the new all-female Ghostbusters reboot arrives in theaters next summer, nearly all the living actors from the original 1980s films — Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Sigourney Weaver, et al. — will be doing cameos. But not Rick Moranis, who was offered the chance to appear in a walk-on role but turned it down. "I wish them well," says the 62-year-old comedic legend, who's so stunned by the outcry over his absence in the film that he decided to grant a rare interview with THR. "I hope it's terrific. But it just makes no sense to me. Why would I do just one day of shooting on something I did 30 years ago?"

Contrary to what it says on his Wikipedia page — and to the fact that he barely has appeared onscreen in the past two decades — Moranis is not retired. Not exactly, anyway. He did take an 18-year hiatus from acting after his wife, Ann, died from breast cancer in 1997 to focus on raising his two young children (ever the overprotective father, he won't reveal their names). But now that his kids have grown, the actor ("You know who would be great who I haven't seen in a long time? Rick Moranis," Fred Armisen said when asked about his dream collaborator at THR's Comedy Actor Roundtable in August) is thinking about stepping back in front of the cameras again. He's just really, really particular about which cameras.

"I took a break, which turned into a longer break," he says. "But I'm interested in anything that I would find interesting. I still get the occasional query about a film or television role" — he's repped by the Santa Monica-based endorsement firm Bailey Brand Management — "and as soon as one comes along that piques my interest, I'll probably do it. [but Ghostbusters] didn't appeal to me."

yeah, he totally shouldn't revisit old properties

tumblr_nkdu9ba5W41r8ptvvo1_500.jpg

• 2 months later...

legit hyped

we're getting (basically) 4 comedians looking like glorified plumbers, with the right writing this could be fun - am i reading the murray cameo'whatever right? my only concern is that if this is a reboot, that's a shame because i'd love to see this as another team without tossing out the old stuff, and if he (or even what i wanna say i read of akroyd?) is true, then that should resolve it

Sucks that the obviously available original actors are doing irrelevant cameos in a reboot, instead of meaningful cameos in a sequel. Their involvement in this is damage-control in my opinion. Same w/ the Shredder reshoots in Bay's TMNT and how TMNT 2 is now making an effort to give the fans what they want to see.

I think everyone (who gives a shit about Ghostbusters) would've preferred a proper sequel.

http://screenrant.co...cary-paul-feig/

Courtesy of, Paul Feig talked about how he got involved with Ghostbusters 3 and how he plans to reboot the project:

I had lunch with [sony Pictures co-chairman] Amy Pascal when I got back to town. She was just saying, gosh, nobody wants to do [‘Ghostbusters 3′] I said, yeah, it’s really hard to take that on, especially since it’s 25 years later. How do you come back into a world that’s had these ghosts and all this? It just felt too difficult. How do you do it and not screw it up?

But then it was bugging me for the next few days because ‘Ghostbusters'is such a great thing and everybody knows it, and it’s such a great world. It’s a shame to just let this thing sit there. I want to see another one. My favorite thing to do is work with funny women. I was like, what if it was an all-female cast? If they were all women? Suddenly, my mind kind of exploded: that would be really fun. And then I thought, well, what if we just make it new? It’s not coming into the world that existed before. It’s always hard if the world has gone through this big ghost attack, how do you do it again? I wanted to come into our world where there’s talk of ghosts but they’re not really credible, and so what would happen in our world if this happened today?

EDIT: Oy! I dunno why this quote is so faded!

http://www.theguardi...sogynistic-shit

Feig also described his surprise at who his online trolls are. “I figure it’s some wacked-out teenager. But almost constantly it’s someone whose bio says ‘proud father of two!’ And has some high-end job. You’re raising children, and yet you’re bashing me about putting women in my movie?”

720x405-42-77052546.jpg

Edited by alive she cried
Edited font and colour

They totally could've done this as GB3. The claim that it's just too hard to build on what's been established: "...the world has already been through a major ghost attack..." is just BS. Yes: It is hard being creative and coming up w/ something interesting that builds on that. They're going to have to anyway - if there's gonna be a sequel to this thing.