Hondo's Bar

Movie News

Well as I said, if it was any other director I'd have my doubts, but if anybody can do a fun action movie that doesn't insult your intelligence, it's Spielberg. Granted, it has been a while since he's done such a movie. Over ten years, in fact, I'd say (since The Lost World did insult your intelligence) so I hope he still has it in him. And I pray to god he's finally gotten over his light flare fixation. I thought The Terminal was a great movie, but there were scenes where I couldn't even see Tom Hanks because Spielberg was letting so much damn light through the lens.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Endless posturing. How insecure can you get?

Uhm...just saying that it looked cool...from the teaser alls ya see is some cock and balls and...hey why am I defending myself to you MR. INSECURE ?!?! Alls you do is mock others constantly nit-picking on every little thing 'cause of your need to feel high and mighty. As high and mighty as a horses cock stuck up a thirteen year old's ass searching for more inches to penetrate.

Say does this mean that old Scaringthenationwithyourgunsandammunition Jax is back.....? Kewel.

Officially the last Classic TV show to be adapted for the big screen...or am I forgetting one?

Teasers don't get much teasier than this, but still could be good.

Interesting concept from Woody Allen: The same story, performed twice, with the same or very similar dialogue, by two different sets of actors, one as a comedy, one as a tragedy/drama. Sounds different, which is good.

Edited by Jack's Meandering Thoughts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, David Mammet is doing things.

Mamet's pic cracks Code

Financing, production and management shingleshingle Neverland FilmsNeverland Films has changed its name to Code Entertainment and made a deal to co-finance "Edmond," an adaptation of the David MametDavid Mamet play that stars William H. MacyWilliam H. Macy and Julia StilesJulia Stiles.

Mamet adapted the screenplay. Now in production, pic is directed by Stuart GordonStuart Gordon and also stars Joe Mantegna and Mena SuvariMena Suvari. Code produces with Muse Entertainment.

Code has also expanded its management team with the hire of Sarah Jane Wilde, who joins Code principals Rick BergRick Berg and Larry KennarLarry Kennar.

Company has also hired production/development exec Gil Williams, who most recently served as VP of production at Silver Pictures.

Utilizing its $40 million revolving equity fund, Code will also produce and fully finance "Holy Water," an urban comedy written by Paul Mooney and Gil Williams. Scheduled to shoot this fall, "Holy Water" follows a group of churches in South Central Los Angeles who compete in a swimming competition for charity. Code principal Larry Kennar with Williams will produce "Holy Water."

Last weekend, MGM released the Neverland production "Bigger Than the Sky," which Code principal Al Corley directed. Neverland also produced "Noel," which stars Susan SarandonSusan Sarandon, Penelope CruzPenelope Cruz and Paul WalkerPaul Walker. Corley produced that film with Code co-owners Bart Rosenblatt and Eugene Musso.

Code plans to finance and produce three or four films each year, with budgets ranging from $3 million to $20 million.

Code's management clients include Jose RiveraJose Rivera ("The Motorcycle Diaries"), Peter Silverman ("Something the Lord Made"), George WingGeorge Wing ("50 First Dates"), Lisa SchragerLisa Schrager ("Pay the Girl"), Angela RobinsonAngela Robinson ("Herbie: Fully Loaded") and Ken KwapisKen Kwapis ("Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants").

scanner.jpg

Trailer for the Rotoscoped live action/ animation adaptation of Philip K Dick's "A Scanner Darkly"

Watch

Download

Like when I first saw the Sin City trailer, I had no idea what to think of this.

Pros: the animators could use a little creative licence and make Keanu Reaves a better actor.

Cons: they're stuck with his voice.

Man, I can't wait for Scanner Darkly. About time they adapted another Phillip K. Dick novel. This is one of my faves, very interesting characters, lots of paranoia and confusion.

The animation looks amazing. Reminds me of that great philosophical film that was made Waking Life. Rather than grating on the eyes Jax, I found it particularly soothing and cool.

cin_wakinglife410x263.jpg

waking-life.jpg