Hondo's Bar

Movie News

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, maybe it's more impressive on the big screen, but on here it just looks like another one of those annoying trailers that refuses to show anything! I like trailers that leave a little mystery about the movie, but that whole fading to black every half second before you understand what you're seeing style of editing is startin' to bug me.

For some reason, the people at MGM thought the name "XXX: State Of The Union" wasn't stupid sounding enough. Now they want to really push the envelop of shitty titles with "XXX2: The Next Level."

logo.jpg

Look at the "2" cut-n-pasted on the upper right corner of the "XXX" logo. This is way less than a half-ass job. My calculations show this is approximately a 3% ass job, with a .25% ass margin of error. Despite the small sliver of ass that was used for this new logo, I still expect this movie to be 100% ass.

"Only a few days after the announcement that M. Night Shyamalan ("The Sixth Sense") was getting started on his "Lady in the Water" for WB, a few interesting pieces of casting news come trickling in. Variety reports that Paul Giamatti ("Sideways") and Bryce Dallas Howard ("The Village") have just signed on the dotted line.

"Shyamalan has for several days been courting Giamatti to play a building super who finds a sea nymph in his apartment building's pool, and he has tapped Howard to play the title character." The filmmaker aims to start production this August and deliver his "Lady" next July."

• 2 weeks later...

Remember your childhood? Yeah, I do too. It was kinda cool. Kinda lame too, but that's ok. Well, that childhood we all had, in 2006, it will be raped by Michael Bay.

Michael Bay Contemplates a Transforming Career Move

Posted by RT-News on Thursday, Apr. 07, 2005, 01:05 PM

Scott Weinberg writes: "Ever since Steven Spielberg climbed aboard as executive producer on the Paramount / DreamWorks project "The Transformers," fans have been wondering who the director will be. Buzz earlier this week stated that it was going to be a toss-up between Michael Bay ("Armageddon") and Roland Emmerich ("The Day After Tomorrow"), but Variety reports that the gig may be Bay's ... if he wants it. Based on the extremely popular cartoon and toy characters of the 1980's, this big-screen "Transformers" adaptation is presently scheduled to begin shooting in the fall, and the studios have pegged November '06 for its release.

The project's first draft was turned in by John Rogers ("Catwoman"), but Bay became involved after a second draft was put together by his "Island" cohorts Alex Kurtzman and Robert Orci."

Oh look at that! Seems my spektism was premature. This won't just be a Michael Bay project. It'll be a Michael Bay project build ont eh strong foundation that is a script draft from the author of the Catwoman script! It's times like this I wish Benny still posted images of people vomiting, cause it seems kinda appropriate right here.

From MTV.com (CLICK HERE)

MTV: Would you ever want to remake a Monroe movie like "The Seven Year Itch" or "Some Like it Hot"

Paris Hilton: Yeah, there's some talk

Good move Hollywood, if that comes to fruition I really hope they cast Stiffler and Jason Biggs instead of Lemmon and Curtis in "Some Like it Hot" (nee "Some like it Hot: That's Hot") and maybe Don Johnson could be Richard Sherman from "The Seven Year Itch" (nee. "The Seven Year Crabs Itch").

Fucking bullshit cock sucking hollywood.... :D

Scott's been doing the Traffic cinematography for a while now. Unfortunately, he's also started cutting his frames every half second and spinning the camera constantly in ways that must give Michael Bay a hardon. Did anyone see his remake of Man on Fire? My god. It was a good movie (up 'til the ending) but watching it on my bigscreen can literally make me nauseated sometimes.

Firefly is a recently-cancelled tv show by Joss "Astonishing Buffy" Whedon, so that's probably what you're thinking, Sig. The movie version's called Serenity and looks set to come out September 30th.

Or maybe you're thinking that godawful hot Costner movie that came out a few years ago - Dragonfly - because that's what the title keeps reminding me of. Unfortunately.