Hondo's Bar

Movie News

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wont get most people exited, but one of the locations for the upcoming Silent Hill movie has been revealed.

brantford014.jpg

silenthillset24040514.jpg

silenthillset24040506.jpg

!cid_001401c54699$54300160$4300a8c0@user.jpg

brantford001.jpg

That last image probably has nothing to do with the movie, but rather a protest from a resident of Brantford, Canada, not to thrilled to know that their street is so damn craptastic that it's only use is to double as the scariest town in North America.

Also, Sean Bean will star. It's also got one of the main producers from the Ressident Evil movies and will probably be shit. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

More here and here.

man, i liked resident evil, was better than i expected.

dont know bout the main actor or anythin else, but those shots look spot-on for part 1, could be some scary shit if done right...im excited now, thanks for those.

Richard Linklater Talks Fast Food Nation

Exclusive: Director on his next project

26 May 2005

Increasingly one of the most prolific directors of our times, and certainly one of the most consistent, Richard Linklater has two films currently awaiting release – rotoscoped Philip K. Dick adaptation A Scanner Darkly with Keanu Reeves, and The Bad News Bears remake, with Billy Bob Thornton. But that's not enough for him, as he gears up for his next project, a feature film take on the hit non-fiction book Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser – and he told us a little about it when we spoke to him recently.

"Eric Schlosser and I, we wrote the script, kind of based on a town in Colorado where all the various sides are represented. It's sort of the human effects of that industry; I guess that's how you'd describe it.

So it's another ensemble piece?

"Yeah, it's the teenagers who work at the fast food places, and immigrant labourers who come across the border, working in the packing plants, and an executive. It's kind of from different perspectives. It's the different sides of the fast food industry. Yet another one that's kind of tricky to put together as a film, but it looks like it's happening. I'm pretty sceptical of the whole food industry, so it should be interesting."

Eric Schlosser's book focuses not just on the dietary effects of fast food, à la SuperSize Me, but also on the environmental and social consequences of the industrialisation of agriculture and the food industry. OK, so as high concepts go that's not as immediately attention-grabbing as, say, a film about snakes on a plane full of teen serial killers and maverick cheerleaders. Still, Schlosser's book is considerably more shocking and inflammatory than most of Hollywood's actioners, and we're confident that under Linklater's direction, it will all come together. Maria Full of Grace Oscar nominee Catalina Sandino Moreno is reportedly in talks to star.

Fast Food Nation is due to start shooting this autumn. In the meantime, Linklater fans can look forward to Bad News Bears on August 26, with A Scanner Darkly due next spring.

Fuck yeah, bitch, the Wallace & Gromit Trailer is up!

Now that Disney has dropped Pixar, and Disney knows full well traditional animation anything paying out (for now, we'll probably see it come back in the future), they have their own movie (Chicken Little) coming out, but before that, they have Valiant coming out in August. It's evidently about messenger pigeons during World War I or World War II, it's hard to be certain from the trailer (it looks like WWII, but I'm pretty sure they stopped using pigeons by WWII). Anyway, this is, liek the Pixar movies, just beign distributed by Disney, not produced by them like Chicken Little is. It's produced by Vanguard, which is an animation studio headed by Shrek and Shrek 2's producer. If the guy behind producing Shrek has left Dreamworks, that would certain explain how Shark Tale was so god awful. Here's the Trailer. Can't say this trailer has sold me on this film, but it's got potential. I'd like to think if they filmmakers can't string together 2 minutes of footage from a 90 minute movie to excite me about it, there's not much there to sell, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Jack's Meandering Thoughts

• 2 weeks later...
Iger and Jobs Make Nice

"We've opened up talks again with Pixar," Disney president and CEO-in-waiting Robert Iger disclosed to a Deutsche Bank conference in New York Tuesday. While providing no details of the talks, Iger sounded upbeat as he told his audience, "We'd certainly like to figure out a way to continue to do business with them. I think that's mutual. We've gotten to understand the issues that are most important to both sides." Iger refused to give odds on a possible renewal of an alliance with Pixar saying only, "The fact we're having a dialogue is very healthy." On Monday, Pixar Chairman Steve Jobs suggested that the talks were preliminary but that he believed that negotiations would open "within the next month or two."

'Simpsons' Movie Confirmed

Homer Simpson and his hugely popular family are set to hit the big screen in a new full-length movie based on the cult cartoon series. The show's principal voice actors have all signed on for the project and creator Matt Groening is delighted with the script for the film. The Simpsons' spokeswoman Antonia Kaughman says, "Now we're going to get the best of both worlds, evidently... They finally worked out a movie team, a team of the writers, because we could never hire outside writers - they had to be Simpsons writers, and most of them were working on the show. They finally put this team together that has time on the side, and they've been working on the script. So the movie won't be at the end of the series - they'll be working simultaneously."

There's been a planned full-length Simpsons movie on the table for probably the better part of a decade now, but this is the first time it's been confirmed and given the greenlight. Let's just hope it doesn't spell the inevitable end of the series, like some tv-to-movies do (ala The X Files).

Besides "Perfect?"

Actually, I've liked how both the previous X-Men movies keep CGI character effects to a minimum. They could have easily insisted that Mystique and Nightcrawler should be CGI, but Singer wanted to keep it as much make-up and possible. Beast is harder, but Singer said he didn't want to do Beast in CGI and couldn't do him justice without CGI. The voice is perfect, but I hope they do the CGI well.

Actually, I've heard Beast would be a full make-up effect with no CGI, and though they did find a way to do it, it was very expensive and they couldn't fit it into the budget for the first movie. The Blob was supposed to originally appear in the first film, too, but was cut out for the same reaons.

But anyway, yeah, he's perfect.