Hondo's Bar

The Amazing Spider-Man

Well, if they're doing this re-boot and focusing on the high school years of Spidey--it seems Gwen would be the bigger role. Possibly no MJ at all at this point in the franchise. So, Emma Stone as Gwen is better than no Emma Stone at all, IMHO. She's definitely hot as a brunette or red head, but maybe she'll look good in a blond wig. And honestly, it wouldn't be the end of the world for me if Gwen WASN'T blond in the film.

OK, everywhere I've read seems to be calling this film "Spider-Man." Is this really the official title? Rebooting a franchise 5 years after the last installment is one thing (Hulk took 5 years, Punisher only took 4), but to give it the same title? I mean, why not 'The Amazing Spider-Man'? Obviously Batman's nickname was better for a serious title than any of Spider-Man's nicknames ('Webhead' doesn't sound very good), but jeesh. Is this the official title?

:suicide:

Bryce Dallas Howard fucking excelled as Gwen. This whole movie reeks of what is apparently the 'hipster sensibility' ie choosing stylised obscurity over substance. I could give a fucking about Leary knocking over Cromwell as Cap'n Stacey(you can already see he's going to be the edgy & slightly-longer-lived version of Uncle Ben), but wheeling out Gwen this early? Rookie manouvre

I'm thinking it's a reboot so we're getting a completely new cast, JZA. Cromwell and Bryce Dallas Howard were great editions to an (at best) un-even Spidey 3, and that shall be their legacy in the world o' pidey films.

Now let's move on to the hotness which is Emma Stone! I'm surprised you're not more behind her, Jza--she kicked ass all over Zombieland.

Newly photographed blond Emma Stone hotness and this is all you can comment on? Srsly, Jax? Srsly? :hmm:

I've seen Emma Stone before, why would I care about a dye job?

but wheeling out Gwen this early? Rookie manouvre

Why wouldn't you roll Gwen Stacy this early? She's Parker's ORIGINAL love interest. Other than having red hair and living nex door, the Mary Jane of the movie was Gwen, it was her personality with another character's name. Makes perfect sense to roll her out first.

Gwen Stacey's hallowed ground as far as Spider mythology goes, Jax. She's your ace in the hole, and this is why just about every re-telling ever done, will use MJ as the standard, and then bring Gwen Stacey in later.

True enough about the personality, but it's still jarring to see Gwen as the main interest especially in a relaunch.

More photo's

Link

UPDATE: Clear View Of New Spider-Man Costume, Mask And Web Shooters!

Hit the jump for a very close up look at the new mask design (including the eyes!) the webshooters on his wrists and the redesigned suit as a whole. UPDATE: We now have an even better view of the suit, confirming that he has no belt... Sorry about the text all over the following images (it's not my doing!) but Perez Hilton has come across these fantastic shots courtesy of www.OnLocationNews.com featuring the brand new Spider-Man suit. As you can see, we get a very good look at the eyes on the mask as well as the web shooters and redesigned red and blue patterns on the costume itself.

spider-man-reboot-first-look-at-suir__oPt.jpg

spider-man-suit-closeup__oPt.jpg

UPDATE: MTV Splash Page have just posted this even clearer shot of the costume, giving us an even better look at the new design!

spider-man-575.jpg

spider-man22.jpg

spider-man12.jpg

He looks awesome in that suit far away... but that closeup of his head makes it look like a plastic helmet. and what's up with his shoes? I knew of mech shooters back in the old days, but did spidey use special shit on his feet to stick to walls also? If so I had no knowledge of that. Anyways, still optimistic here. Still think it could be loads worse, all spider-man 3 jokes aside, it'll at least be interesting to see how the story'll fit into this new marvel movie-verse.

and what's up with his shoes?

I'd say (hope) that's just something being worn by the actor for "grip" or whatever and will be cg'd out of the finished product.

I knew of mech shooters back in the old days,

I'm hearing this a lot lately. Does Spidey not use web shooters in the comics anymore? :blink:

On the suit in general, I'm undecided. It kind has a ski suit feel, something that a poor kid would more than likely use if making a suit.

It's like a cross between between Kick Ass' suit and Raimi's Spidey suit. If they're going for a more grounded movie, I think it could work, especially when you look at the polished officially released pic.