Hondo's Bar

The Amazing Spider-Man

Spider-Man "The Shitty Old Ones": Starring Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Willem Defoe, Alfred Molina, J.K. Simmons, Thomas Hayden Church, Topher Grace, Bryce Dallas Howard, James Cromwell, Dylan Baker. From the director of The Evil Dead Trilogy, A Simple Plan, The Gift, Darkman, and For Love of the Game

Dunst was shit, James Franco deserved a Razzie for his "performances" in that trilogy, Topher Grace (do I need to finish?), Maguire, Defoe and Simmons were all top notch though to be fair...oh also Evil Dead and Bruce Campbell are shit.

Spider-Man was good

Spider-Man 2 was very good (but not great)

Spider-man 3 was as bad as X-Men 3

Overall an enjoyable experience with room for improvement, let's hope this new film will be that improvement.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Still, Chin woulda been a great continuity cameo thingy.

You people don't deserve Bruce Campbell. I may just kill him so you undeserving fucks can't have him ever again.

Dunst was shit, James Franco deserved a Razzie for his "performances" in that trilogy, Topher Grace (do I need to finish?), Maguire, Defoe and Simmons were all top notch though to be fair...oh also Evil Dead and Bruce Campbell are shit.

Spider-Man was good

Spider-man 3 was as bad as X-Men 3

Overall an enjoyable experience with room for improvement, let's hope this new film will be that improvement.

Days like today & posts like this make it a joy using of the -1 function.

Edited by The JZA

Dunst was shit, James Franco deserved a Razzie for his "performances" in that trilogy, Topher Grace (do I need to finish?), Maguire, Defoe and Simmons were all top notch though to be fair

...nothing controversial here...

...oh also Evil Dead and Bruce Campbell are shit.

(there's also a bit here that insinuates hope for AMS > spidey 2)

DTnrg.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FBFAg.jpg

Donald Glover easter egg in Amazing Spider-Man.

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Get More: <a href="http://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Trailers</a>, <a href="http://moviesblog.mtv.com/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movies Blog</a></p></div></div>

Glover is 28, Miles Morales is 13. If Sony ever decides the want their biggest franchise to star a black guy (they won't, Hollywood only casts white guys and Will Smith as leads for something they want to appeal to the mainstream), or if Marvel Studios every get Spidey back, it will be a long time before Miles Morales is on screen, if ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Glover is 28, Miles Morales is 13. If Sony ever decides the want their biggest franchise to star a black guy (they won't, Hollywood only casts white guys and Will Smith as leads for something they want to appeal to the mainstream), or if Marvel Studios every get Spidey back, it will be a long time before Miles Morales is on screen, if ever.

Somewhere a movie studio exec at SONY just creamed himself: SPIDER-WOMAN starring Willow Smith. Soundtrack single "I Whip My Web Back'n Forth" by Wil & Willow Smith.

dkU7Y.jpg

Not digging it too much. Looks like Voldemort, but green. I think I'd be more behind it if he was in his lab coat. Hopefully he'll look better in action.

whether the iconic villain will don his equally iconic white lab coat. "That's a good question. Be patient, grasshopper," Webb teased in a recent interview with MTV Splash Page. "[Regarding] the lab coat, be patient...you won't be disappointed."

Link

Yeah, the snoutlessness of it is off-putting.

Looks like a pretty good version of Ditko's Lizard to me

ASM6_Lizard.JPG

spidermanlizard.jpg

Link

Looks like a pretty good version of Ditko's Lizard to me

ASM6_Lizard.JPG

spidermanlizard.jpg

Except for the eye brow ridge, yeah, it does look like Ditko's, but that doesn't change the fact that in life-like CGI, it looks like he should have a snout.

you won't be disappointed

When as the director of a film adaptation of a popular property ever said "Well, frankly, some of you are going to be disappointed?"

Edited by Reverend Jax