Hondo's Bar

The Amazing Spider-Man

• 4 weeks later...

detail.jpg

Admittedly, this shot looks pretty cool, but it's hiding the silver boots and doesn't highlight the lameness of the new overall design as is evident in the other shots. I will say the material looks better than the old, McGuire Spidey suit and I dig that the webbing on the costume is black and not silver. Also, this actually looks somewhat like fabric whereas the old one had a rubbery look to it.

Comparison shots of the two costumes and actors in the spoiler:

Tobey-Maguire-Spider-Man.jpg

spider-man-costume.jpg

spider-man-movie-image-set-photo-costume-03.jpg

Spider-Man.jpeg

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

panch - i'm not super hyped either, but i'm hoping it'll be a good story. if that happens, then there's a lot of casting and costume errors decisions i can forgive.

NZA - Go one page back and look at ASC's post for some good shots. Or click the spoiler tag from my last post. The same shot of him running w/ the silver toe/heeled boots is in there...

...it ain't pretty

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

My guess is those boots are just the same fake-barefoot things Chris Evans wears on the Cap set. Kudos to the creative team for finally acknowledging that since spidey's more airborne/wallcrawling than running, so it'd make sense that he would wear socks or booties as opposed to boots.

I'm just trying to keep my expectations as low as possible. I've gone through too much these last few years with relationships and all that. Don't need me losing my faith in Spider-Man, too. That's one relationship I'll slit my webshooters for.

At least you'll always have your old Spidey comics to-- Oh. Um. Uh. Nevermind.

Too soon? It feels a lil' too soon. Nick, you're the sensitivity expert here. Too soon?

Just bustin' balls, Panchy! You know I love ya like an illegitimate Cuban brother. :D

At least you'll always have your old Spidey comics to-- Oh. Um. Uh. Nevermind.

Too soon? It feels a lil' too soon. Nick, you're the sensitivity expert here. Too soon?

Just bustin' balls, Panchy! You know I love ya like an illegitimate Cuban brother. :D

*TWIP**TWIP* That's not webbing... its blood...