Hondo's Bar

Actual Suggestion Box

The NZA

I havent agreed to a tabloids subforum. Crap Shack already has Ask forum, i guess it could get a second one, but LL' stunt aside, isnt it just a dump-off for non-news, basically? There's no way that'd go in Culture.

In other news, i forgot trolls could post in the Suggestion Box, ill prolly change that soon. This isnt the place for idle banter.

Hey, I gots an idea for you. How about we have separate suggestion boxes for trolls and you can put a sign up in this thread that says 'regular folk only'? You know, just like when they had separate washrooms for us niggers back in the good ole days?

ANd you should seriously think about making a rule that Trolls can PM the females, cuz God knows Hondo's is a respectable place and we wouldn't no decent hondonian woman getting attacked by some animal troll.

In fact, it'd probably be safer if you were to make a forum for the trolls where they can go away fromt he regular folks and post in peace with all the other trolls and you could call it The Reservation.

What say? Sounds great don't it, you fuckin racist bastard?

That'll do.

Im as good about jokes as the next, but if im not around as much, i need this forum to be important/relevant to the board shit, so for the time being, no trolls in here. Everywhere else, go nuts.

As for other mods/requests (a la Jumbie's new skin in politics): no real timeframe on when these things'll happen. Im simply not gonna be reliable around here until about april.

dunno, Nick: I'd argue with it belonging in Culture. While you may not like the subject (god knows Jumbie, Jax, and I hate it) it is 'Pop Culture'. It belongs either there or in No Man's Land.

And what's this about Troll's PM'ing Females, Nick? I wont stand for that kind of thing. We're respectable folk here.

i wasnt even reading by that part.

Pop culture's a stretch of a weak argument to take from the recently developed culture & sociology, which i think is fitting with the powder room quite well and dump it in there.

I dont really see the purpose at all. I dont like the people magazing topics in politics anymore than the cosmo "love" threads in philosophy, but once theyre a few pages buried, i tend to (thankfully) forget them, and is it really bad enough to warrant this? I only see the britney one and then LL's onslaught.

Yea, but it's a 'just in case' bit. Inevitably, celebs are going to do stupid things, like die a month after their son and leave behind a child with 3 Billion possible fathers and a 400 Million dollar estate, which the media will spend WEEKS on. when it becomes the ONLY news you hear, and no one really wants to hear it, it's going to need it's own place.

A tabloid-type subforum is ideal, seeing as there's tons of material for it. Now, whether it belongs in Politics, Culture, or Crap is up for the people to decide*

*me shamelessly calling for an election, knowing there's enough popular support :-p

Democracy shmacrocacy. I plays the alpha male card till we get more sponsorship! ill indulge you tho - how many non-LL-onslaught threads can you find in politics that'd belong in this outhouse? Link em, if there's enough to warrant it, that'd be harder to argue with.

Nick talks sense.

We never had a need for a tabloid forum before. I would prefer not to have one created. and For sure, if one is created, it's not going into Politics. That's the kinda shit I'm a turn in my badge and gun over.

Similarly, though, I have to say Nick's over reacting with the trolls. We got what? a grand total of 8 active trolls maybe? And madman is the only one to start shit here. He's the public access troll, maybe just banning him then?

Thinking madman is the head troll and that all others will fall in line is like when the colonialists wanted to talk to the "head indian" to bargian with all the various nations: i dont think they fall under one banner, personally.

i dont mean to overreact, ive had a few trolls of my own & had fun, i just think this one corner oughta discourage mediocre jokes & such, its like the only place that's really supposed to be relevant to the board itself.

I am rather surprised, and more than a little disappointed, to find that rules are being considered banning trolls from certain locations in Hondos Bar. My distaste at this was so great, in fact, that I willingly delved into the FAQ (the de facto manifesto for this site) to see what was specifically contained there about trolls, censorship, and being banned. And so I return to you with stomach flu, and this to report (the faint of heart and weak of constitution are encouraged to look away):

What's a troll?

A fake member or being existing for no other reason than a joke/to annoy others, etc. They’re designated by their specific groups & constant cock jokes.

not that there's anything wrong with that

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...But lots of people here tell cock jokes. And there's an awful lot here on sheep-fucking, too.

You’ve noticed, eh? I blame architecture majors. I can’t yet prove it, but they’ve some phallic obsession imbued in them upon registering for Design 1. It’s also largely BigChiefSlapaho's fault.

As for the sheep-fucking, it's a phenomenon that predates history, theorized to have been invented by one of the many lonely farmers of olden times.

As for the board, I believe it came about when the question “Why clone sheep?” was presented, and bacchus felt the need to answer with buggery.

But, on with the F.A.Q.

yeah, enough about the one-eyed yogurt slinger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who is Madman/Tangent Man/Pink Hulk/other random member?

Due to our privacy policies & the fact that a number of our members are in the Witness Protection Program, their identities shall not be revealed under any circumstance.

but then we make profiles, and we all have to move to mexico

So, what are the new policies on censorship, banning, etc?

The official policy is this – we don’t, if issues can possibly be resolved by any other means. Those who disagree with images, opinions, members in general, etc are invited to debate these issues, or simply ignore/scroll past them. While this establishment does not exist solely to offend, we do not pander to social taboos, either. Only duplicate posts & those requested by the other (only in special scenarios) are to be edited, rather than deleted, where possible. Member banning is a last resort, and one we are proud to have not come to.

And orwell's hell a terror era coming through, but this little brothers watching you too

What is this board's official policy on censorship? I take offense to certain religious/political ideas/images on your site

Please bear in mind that due to the freedom of speech that this site exercises, our forums can - and often will - feature ideas & images of a graphic nature. Those taking offense are encouraged to use their browser's "back" button, and the easily offended are kindly reminded that social taboos are subjective, and often not shared by our great & eclectic patrons.

We will seek to settle any disputes members may have, but ours is a way of diplomacy, not censorship. Exceptions are very rarely made to this policy, and only as an absolute last resort.

"...where there is no harm to be prevented and no

potential victim to be protected...it is difficult

to understand the assertion that conformity, even if

motivated merely by fear of the law's punishment, is a

value worth pursuing, notwithstanding the misery and

sacrifice of freedom which it involves.

The attribution of value to mere conforming behavior,

in abstraction from both motive and consequences,

belongs not to morality, but to taboo."

- H.L.A. Hart, Law, Liberty and Morality

we don't negotiate with terrorists, either

What little I could find told me this: nothing specifically says trolls are not welcome, in fact, some specific troll names are listed in a manner that suggests if not acceptance, then at least tolerance. Conversely, the subjects of censorship and banning are given the opposite treatment. I hope that my findings my help, in some way, those trying to come to a decision concerning this subject that is in keeping with the spirit of this community.

Edited by Lycaon

I appreciate your research, Ly, but im aware of our history with trolls. Id love to see where i said trolls were unwelcome or at risk of banning, anywhere.

Since i dont frequent here as much lately with my schedule, i see why others come back and there's tons of new things going on and its awesome, but what im saying is there needs to be one corner that's not bogged down with trolling or chit-chat so they can quickly get caught up on the important new things if they like - i.e., new sections of the board, new options/features, donation campaigns, other relevant changes. That's all im asking here, and i havent limited any other forum, nor have i said i would.

those who frequent other boards know most are far more restrictive with various rules, some outright not allowing trolls, or even discussion on certain "sensitive" topics. For over 5 years now, that hasnt been this place, why would that now change? You guys should have more faith in what this place is about.

I dont regularly check the IP's, i dont know who uses the trolls. It could be anybody, and me asking one particular day in one particular thread ddnt seem ideal - nevermind, doesnt taking polite requests seem to go against the nature of trolls? Idve had 2 pages of Irish Nigga calling discrimination here by now, and meanwhile theyve over a dozen other forums they can complain in.

I tell you what: consider this a public request for trolls to skip this forum. Ill take the restriction back later down the road.

It's easier than that.

YOu know everyone in the unwashed heathen group, because you put them there. Just send an IM to them saying that the Suggestion forum needs to be kept clutter free so that new and current members can get oriented quickly and could they please play their watersports elsewhere... Like I said, earlier, we have very few active trolls to deal with.

And every time a new troll signs, up, which is very rarely, you can tell em the same.

I said part of this measure was because i dont have as much time around here lately.

Youre suggesting its easier that i PM all 148 members, by my count, of our troll group, and kindly ask them all to stay out of a partcular forum and hope for the best, and then, PM any new entries with a similar request.

This is why youre not an admin, though if you yourself have time to message almost 150 people, you should submit an application.

We have about 10 active trolls. They're the only ones youd have to contact. What's more, I *do* support banning madman from the forum because he's intended to be a public whore troll and is therefore not someone you could reason with. (as if reasoning with someone called madman was ever an option!)

And I just said that new trolls are quite a rarity.