Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Comics Journal

Da Cap'n

Today was a ”play catch-up” day. Lots of back issues.

Magdalena #4. (now it's complete)

Hack/Slash #10

No Place Like Home #3

American Vampire #12 & 13

Glory #23-25

I, Vampire #1-3

More Than Mortal: Otherworlds #1-4

Girls (the Luna Brothers) #1-3

I looove this story. I was just telling Panch it is one of my favorites. I can't find number 14 anywhere and it's really gonna erk me. I almost bought all the other issues yesterday but I hate skipping issues, I couldn't. How do u like it, Logan?

Time for the weekly update:

GFT #'s 40-42 (now I have 40-72)

Witchblade/Red Sonja #3

Dorothy of Oz: Prequel #2

Mind the Gap #1

Avengelyne #8

Epic Kill #1

I, Vampire #7

Hack/Slash #15

AMERICAN VAMPIRE #14 (yay, I found it!) Now I have up to issue #17, complete.

Edited by Cathy

Crazy that both DC and Vertigo have good vampire titles RUnning. Snyder is a beast, so of course American Vampire is good, but I, Vampire is my surprise of the New 52, really good series with a pretty crazy story and gorgeous art.

Anyhow picked up Earth 2 and World's Finest #1's this week, and both were great. Nikola Scott killed it art wise in Earth 2, and Perez back on pencils for World's Finest makes me a happy man. I recommend them both.

I'm reading both American Vampire and I, Vampire. I don't do DC at all but now it has me purchasing Justice League Dark issues to not miss out on any of the story. American Vampire is my favorite right now. I'm addicted.

Unwritten is pretty good but I JUST started reading it. Only on the 5th issue which I can't find anywhere. I wish I would have gotten into it sooner.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been keeping up with the updates, but we went to Tate's today, so here ya go:

No Place Like Home #4

GFT: Myths & Legends #16 & 17

GFT: The Library #5

Memorial #5

Ursa Minor #1

Glory #26

No Place Like Home is turning into an unexpected win for me. Some of u know that I like the NON-superhero comics. Darker, supernatural type comics. This one is a twisted take on Dorothy & the Wizard of Oz. It is definitely interesting.

I picked up Ursa Minor Preview Edition on FCBD, so we'll see how that one turns out.

I HAVE to pick up alllll GFT titles cause I'm addicted to the big-busty women comics, as Panch says. But I DO like their stories.

No Place Like Home is turning into an unexpected win for me. Some of u know that I like the NON-superhero comics. Darker, supernatural type comics. This one is a twisted take on Dorothy & the Wizard of Oz. It is definitely interesting.

Has that finally picked up a bit of momentum? I slogged through the first 3 issues up till the killer was revealed then I dumped it and figured I might pick it up later if it got good word of mouth. I haven't really seen a lot of Wizard of Oz connections though aside from the big ones, though I grant I may be missing more subtle ones if they exist.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, today is Wednesday and u know what that means! I'm broke again. :(

Grimm Fairy Tales #74

GFT: 2012 Annual

Pantha #1

The Strain #5

War Goddess #8

Witchblade/Red Sonja #4

American Vampire: Lord of Nightmares #1

Nice day for releases. Happy girl. :)

No idea. Here's my week's haul:

Avengers Assemble #4