Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

Had a Jeff Bridges week. First I saw True grit and loved it. Kinda wish the ending was more solid, but that is a minor complaint in an awesome movie. And today saw Tron: Legacy and was really surprised at how cool it was. I had never seen the original of either one so I can't compare them to the first ones, but The Dude knows how to entertain. Great flicks!

Had a Jeff Bridges week. First I saw True grit and loved it. Kinda wish the ending was more solid, but that is a minor complaint in an awesome movie. And today saw Tron: Legacy and was really surprised at how cool it was. I had never seen the original of either one so I can't compare them to the first ones, but The Dude knows how to entertain. Great flicks!

Watched Tron (in 3D meh. not impressed) and The men Who Stare at Goats. So I also had Jeff Bridges week. All I could think of while watching him in Tron, was "dude, the dude is in 3D". Going to watch True Grit tomorrow to end my week with The Dude.

Watched The King's Speech two days ago, and I Love You Phillip Morris yesterday. I recommend both. If half of romantic comedies were like I Love You Phillip Morris, I would watch them all just to make sure I caught all the flicks in the good half.

Edited by Reverend Jax

I too had a Jeff Bridges week w/ Tron & True Grit, but most recently I started out the new year proper-- w/ The Dude by watching The Big Lebowski w/ a bunch of friends.

Watched The King's Speech two days ago, and I Love You Phillip Morris yesterday. I recommend both. If half of romantic comedies were like I Love You Phillip Morris, I would watch them all just to make sure I caught all the flicks in the good half.

I want to see both of these. I hadn't realized ILYPM was released yet though. I read an article on it a few weeks ago, and the guy it's based on seems damned intriguing.

Un Prophete.

Wow.

It's no City of God, heh, but still a damned fine gangster flick.

A3+Savage+Poster+%2B+1.jpg

As part of my new years resolution I've made an effort to watch more homegrown movies.

An Irish psychological thriller that sadly slipped under the radar. Holy Jesus. One of the most confronting movies I've seen in a long time. A mild mannered photographer suffers a brutal assault and haunted by the experience tries everything from self defense classes to steroids to overcome his crippling fear. The fact that it's based in Dublin made it all the more disturbing for me. Really casts light on unprovoked violence in this city.

Damn, Crim. Savage sounds like a great flick. I will seek out a torrent...

Yeah thats how I got it. Couldn't find it on DVD here which is strange considering it was fairly talked up when it came out. It got a limited cinema release here too. Shame really because it's one of the few gems to come out of the otherwise craptastic Irish film industry. Some dodgy acting in parts but on the whole its aces.