Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
More reason to hate the MPAA...

512Ug1%2061nL._SS500_.jpg

412PV-8QVTL._SS500_.jpg

I was staring at that image for a while thinking "why have they put the movie's logo on a giant bemuscled flexing arm?" Please tell me someone else sees it too, otherwise I just sound like a gibbering maniac, and not for the first time.

I was staring at that image for a while thinking "why have they put the movie's logo on a giant bemuscled flexing arm?" Please tell me someone else sees it too, otherwise I just sound like a gibbering maniac, and not for the first time.

Took me a moment, but then I saw the same deformed, mutant arm you saw.

If I squint really really hard.

51L91OEBX8L._SS500_.jpg

Just finished watching The Queen, because my mother wanted some company and I'm nice to my mother. It actually wasn't a bad film and Michael Sheen's spot-on performance as Tony Blair was well worth the price of admission.

Now I'm watching Apocalypse Now (for the zillionth time). Talk about a weird juxtaposition.

517A5XYN5AL._SS500_.jpg

its weird cause i know that was horrible and tragic but i felt more bothered by the guy's girlfriend dying, i just really grew to like her, even before finding out she was kicked out of a specialty school for faking deafness.

How does Lady Vengence hold up compared to these 2?

This Is England, not a perfect movie, but highly recomended.

It's a skinhead movie, and it does have its moments of extreme violence, but it also gives a great sense of how much fun they were having (even after the gang splits and the story follows the extreme Nationalist side). You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll throw up a little in your mouth, and at the end of it all you'll have caught a very personal glimpse of a culture that usually only observed from the outside.

Probably deserves it's own thread, but it is late and I am lazy.

I'm dying to see that. I'm a big Shane Meadows fan and everything I've seen so far has looked really good.

Its the only one of his movies that I have seen. Dead Man's Shoes has been screaming from the DVD rack in every shop I go to, shouting, "hey, I'm a british movie, and I'm probably not shit!" but I still haven't got round to watching it. Fun fact, the main character in This Is England is called Shaun Meadows, names have been changed to protect the innocent, but only just.

Its the only one of his movies that I have seen. Dead Man's Shoes has been screaming from the DVD rack in every shop I go to, shouting, "hey, I'm a british movie, and I'm probably not shit!" but I still haven't got round to watching it. Fun fact, the main character in This Is England is called Shaun Meadows, names have been changed to protect the innocent, but only just.

Dead Man's Shoes is pretty fucking awesome,