Hondo's Bar

A Game of Thrones

iAA6T11Zx3EpV.gif

not bad...ill have to catch the rest of the season later. things are heating up too!

mother of dragons stuff just got serious, that was interesting. i wanna see this house of the undead!

and yeah, im assuming theon's just burnin' orphans, because he's been a fuckup since fingering his ugly sister. shame what that did to him.

iblNA4jj167T5a.gif

brienneNO_600.gif

6ei7H.jpg

3920067_700b.jpg

Since I've chipped nothing in so far and just read 21 pages of fucking spoiler'd stuff.

Eamonn-I have the same level of spoiler paranoia but put on your bigboy pants. I accidently read Arya's third assassination

Theon's walking a damned fine line between the Greyjoys & Starks, but I see the necessity. Everything he's done thusfar has been striking a balance between keeping his redneck sailors in line, and plausible deniability for Rob Stark's inevitable return. To wit: Burning a couple of orphans will shut everyone the fuck up for minute, shows his crew that he means business and he can & will advise Rob that he sent Tonks off with Bran somewhere safe, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over.

Man, Danaerus(sp) was one of my favourites through season one but she just got played!

I've had some other Arya shit spoiled for me too, but right now she is just fucking daring Lannister to kill her. ANd he's the arrogant cock sitting there thinking 'so great having a cupbearer sit in on my most important meetings pretending she's an orphan boy when infact she's an aristocratic girl! No harm shall come of this, surely.'

The Hound is just intriguing, and a sweet guy to boot.

Like Haku(I think) I can't get enough of Baratheon's blacksmithing bastard. I eagerly await he and Jon Snow meeting and maybe fishing together or something. Maybe the creative team is already working on an instrumental version of Cats & the Cradle?

Joffrey's fucked in the head, and I don't see him surviving this season.

Jay, I'm reading book one now and just finished the tourney scene. The Hound comes off more likeable and noble in the book than he did in the scene on the show. Also, I've never watched a fishing show in my life, but Bass'n With The Bastards would change that.

And now for something completely different: this exists. . .

Is it possible to laugh and fap simultaneously? As good a litmus test as any.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
Electric harp duo is coming!!

S2E8: Prince of Winterfell

Lot's of set-up in this episode, good stuff though. Dinklage, as usual, delivers one of the best dramatic scenes (the "ashy mouth" speech from the S2 trailers and what follows). There was one great payoff in the end though. Called it!

I'm not liking Rob Stark's new girlfriend at all right now. Most boring character introduced yet. That whole pre-fuck scene was a snooze fest.

Everything else was good though. Hopefully the next ep isn't much more setup. One of the best things about this show is how it isn't dragging shit out like other similar shows.

Benz, Gonzy & I caught up on the past three episodes last night. What a story. I'm totally boo-hooing that next week is the season finale. What in the heck am I going to do until the next installment???

I think that my WTF moment of the evening was

Tyrion's face being sliced in half! Totally not expecting that! Noooooooooo, he can't die!

I also loved how

Cersei was getting sloshed and she became more and more chatty with every gulp!

also

WHY IS JOFFREY STILL ALIVE???

and

I like Jamie Lannister more & more with every little snide remark, "Wow, you are uglier in the daytime!"

Did I read right that GRRM wrote last night's episode?

Edited by Aartemys

I'm on book four now, and finding myself a bit disappointed with the (book vs.show spoiler)

lack of frog folk from the book. Bran needs his warg buddy and sister darnit!!! NO mention of them? So i assume he's going with Asha and Hodor and Rickton is going with them? bleh. Also why change Dany's storyline? what happened in the book was totally doable in the show. So excited for her season 3 (which they will cut in half and make two seasons for book three) if they don't mess with her storyline too much!

Loved the wildfire scene. so pretty and festive for memorial day weekend!

Edited by HypnotizinChikns

Benz, Gonzy & I caught up on the past three episodes last night. What a story. I'm totally boo-hooing that next week is the season finale. What in the heck am I going to do until the next installment???

Catch up more with the books? :p

I like Jamie Lannister more & more with every little snide remark, "Wow, you are uglier in the daytime!"

Just wait.

I'm on book four now, and finding myself a bit disappointed with the (book vs.show spoiler)

lack of frog folk from the book. Bran needs his warg buddy and sister darnit!!! NO mention of them? So i assume he's going with Asha and Hodor and Rickton is going with them?

My guess is that he'll run into them (unless it's already been decided that they won't be in the adaptation, period).

I just keep telling myself that Peter Dinklage was signed on for like 6 seasons. I'm sure he just got knocked out, though I wanna know what the deal is with his own soldier slicing him up.

Also the lake of green napalm was fucking awesome. Now it's easy to see where all that money is going. And it is being well spent.

yeah Jamie just gets more likable from this point on. He's become my favorite.

The Hound is way better in the books, but they've kept him true to his character.

Hound spoiler from the book verses the show: (not a biggie tho)

The Hound kisses Sansa in the book, after he makes the pretty bird sing him a song. not sure why they changed that either.

the reason for the knight's guard attacking

the imp as i remember it isn't made clear until the next book, I read them one right after the other so I could have it wrong. But yeah GO PODRICK!!! lol.

I am going to be pissed if they don't have those two characters in the show at all. Biggest disappointment so far.

AWW C'MON!!! they weren't THAT bad. lol

Edited by HypnotizinChikns
Spoilers galore. Damn girl.

I think that my WTF moment of the evening was

Tyrion's face being sliced in half! Totally not expecting that! Noooooooooo, he can't die!

I watched it twice b/c I thought maybe his throat was cut, but It was just a deep cut on his cheek; I don't think our guy is out of the game yet.

WHY IS JOFFREY STILL ALIVE???

I know! That bastard lived up to Sansa's words. I hope next episode picks up in king's landing right where it left off b/c there are a lot of questions

Who the fuck did Shay have to say "goodbye" to?? Or was that a lie she told Sansa to get her out?

Is Tyrion dead? (Not likely.)

Where the fuck did poppa Lannister come from?

Why the hell was Tyrell w/ him? For revenge on Stannis?

Did I read right that GRRM wrote last night's episode?

No, I don't share in any of the Jaime Lannister luv. That guy needs to die a horrible death. I can only hope when I catch up in the books I'll get to read about it.

Yeah, GRRM said it's in his contract he gets to write one episode a season. He definitely picked the right one for S2. The ending was rushed and there are a few events that were a bit confusing, but all in all it was a great episode.

Who the fuck did Shay have to say "goodbye" to?? Or was that a lie she told Sansa to get her out?

I thought it was obvious she had to say goodbye to Tyrion. He's the only person she knows there, and I'm sure he'd like to know if she split.

Thought it was cool that Neil Marshall (Dog Soldiers, Centurion, The Descent, Doosmday) directed this episode too. I'm a fan all of that guy's movies.

Edited by axel_napalm

I thought it was obvious she had to say goodbye to Tyrion. He's the only person she knows there, and I'm sure he'd like to know if she split.

Thought it was cool that Neil Marshall (Dog Soldiers, Centurion, The Descent, Doosmday) directed this episode too. I'm a fan all of that guy's movies.

I've had Centurion on my Netflix queue for ages. I really need to watch it.

As for your spoiler, that makes sense. I was thinking more along the lines she might try to kill

Cersei b/c she seemed to be getting too inquisitive or maybe even the executioner. But I don't see why she couldn't have followed Sansa. Is she really planning on walking out onto the battlefield to find Tyrion? Unlikely.