Hondo's Bar

A Game of Thrones

Who's back for this season?

I hope the end game has begun. Good episode all around, and a nice reveal with the Red Woman there at the end, though not really surprising. Not that I knew that's what was going on, but it wasn't super shocking.

I'm excited to see Aria Murdock get more badass with that stick.

Related

Man, this episode was not on point for me like it was for axels and panchito. Mainly because...

Jon Snow is still fucking dead! Fffffffffuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh!!! Why did Melisandra's wrinkled old ass not know how to resurrect people Thoros of Myr style??!?!!?!

The absolute standout scene for me was Brienne and Podrick riding to the rescue of Sansa and Reek. That shot of Brienne kneeling before Sansa in the snow was gawdamn iconic.

And I don't think "end game" is really being set up any more now than in previous seasons. We've definitely got 8 seasons.

Mild book 4 Spoilers

Hopefully this season we finally get to the Greyjoy stuff from book 4 (I think that's when all the heir to Balon stuff went down) and Lady Stoneheart.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

...guess i'm still watching this, since bish is doing viewings over here

don't care about danyras, water kingdoms, evil crazy bolton families or most of what's going on here. it's good that jon snow only stayed dead for almost 2 whole eps, i'm pretty much just watching to see my grrl aria rise up in the league of assassins & maybe jamie slay the religious cult

Re: S6E2

* I so dig the way they're setting up doing flashbacks. I hope it carries out through the season.

* That old bitch came through. Hallelujer!

* And no one mentioned the giant fucking balls hanging from Tyrion. Seriously, I'm stunned he doesn't have to push them around in a wheel barrow.

I thought it'd be impossible to hate anyone more than Joffrey/The Lannisters, but Ramsey has done it. Motherfucker.

I just hope his dad's prophecy about becoming pig food becomes true. Soon. This fuck has gots ta go!

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

I wouldn't bank on anyone getting a comeuppance in this series. It seems to take a very existentialist stance that suffering and success in life are detached from 'goodness' and 'badness'. No such thing as karma.

Granted a lot of bad guys get horrible deaths, but that's just cuz everyone gets bad deaths.

You might see just rewards in someone's purple-faced and anguished death until you recall all the people they killed who didn't deserve it.

And Martin's already given a few bad guys routes to redemption or at least made us glad to have them around because they end up helping the cause of 'good'. Like say the child-murdering Melissandre or child-murdering Theon or the child-murder-attempting Jaime.

It would be just like him to have a despicable person like Ramsey help save the day at the wall in some way and live 'happily for now'.

yeah, we've had seasons to drill home the notion of not seeing things simply through good/evil, but i feel comfortable saying Ramsey's head is on the line, since a) his old man warned him about rabid dogs and b) he's entirely reckless and playing at ambitions larger than his personal dungeon/dog kennels.

then again, part of my beef with this show kinda falling off the rails for me is that it can literally pull bullshit whenever - like, last season or so when ramsey sent a dozen ninjas or something into stannis the mannis' camp of like thousands, and routed/cut them off.

things just feel sloppy in general, for me - wanna kill the prince of dorin? go for it, he doesn't have any guards i guess! hell, ther'es like a dozen people in this city-state anyway, from the looks of it. want to take out kalesi's elite guard? give masks & knives to a few rich dudes! the royal guard in king's landing? large enough to keep the capital, but too small for a ragtag band of zealots with maces!

the plot still advances - sometimes in interesting directions - but there's a distinct feeling of things happening just because in the last season or so. i've resolved to take bishopcruz's stance & just kinda enjoy it as fanfic at this point.

then again, part of my beef with this show kinda falling off the rails for me is that it can literally pull bullshit whenever - like, last season or so when ramsey sent a dozen ninjas or something into stannis the mannis' camp of like thousands, and routed/cut them off.

things just feel sloppy in general, for me - wanna kill the prince of dorin? go for it, he doesn't have any guards i guess! hell, ther'es like a dozen people in this city-state anyway, from the looks of it. want to take out kalesi's elite guard? give masks & knives to a few rich dudes! the royal guard in king's landing? large enough to keep the capital, but too small for a ragtag band of zealots with maces!

See I'm totally fine with all of this. It's a sloppy universe it takes place in. Shit's going down literally in every corner of the globe, and I kind of admire the show's ability to keep me on my toes, and guts to actually follow through. Even if it doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense

(The religious group is my biggest complaint there. Unless they show me an army, or spies within the royal guard, I see no reason why Jamie didn't just off them at the funeral.)

Unlike a certain Zombie show which decides to pussy out 3 times in one season. I'm kind of in opposite ends of the spectrum with both shows I guess.

The thing about the Sparrow's personal army had bothered me too. Social upheaval isn't so clean and balanced. Either they get co-opted by the ruling class or they upturn the applecart.

The assassination in Dorne makes more sense given the access of the sandsnakes and their skills.

Ramsay's hit squad I can buy a bit because Stannis was already seeing his men desert and they were not ahem winter soldiers. But a bit problematic.

For me, I think it's just budgetary. Like when I see the 'big' battle at the end of Season 5 or the battle of the Blackwater, I think, wow, that looks very meager, but I shrug it off because I know they have limited resources. I figure it's the same for showing the Sparrow's army or Ramsay's special forces or the machinations of the Sons of the Harpy.

(The Sons of the Harpy one still bothers me the most though, because she has the Second Sons AND the most badass army on the planet and they ain't doing crap...)

I bet it all makes sense in the book, but I don't read the books.

Edited by Jumbie

Good ep! I totally forgot Rickon even existed. And now he's basically all kinds of fucked.

I don't expect poor King Tommund to last much longer either. He's the last to go in Cersei's prophecy, it's a just a matter of when and how. I actually like the kid.

Also a good contender for celebs that look totally different thread, but wanted to put it here.

tWAh9vx.jpg324717_1.1.jpg

S6E3 was a good episode. Loved that drop the mic ending. Burn it. I don't give a fuuuuuck!

*I hope they don't drag Khalessi in Horseland too long. Get that bitch rescued by Jorah and/or a dragon already!

*Tonks and Riccon are back! Those Stark boys grow up quickly! I hope Ramsey doesn't cut of his wang and feed it to a dog or let a dog eat his wang. Yeah, things aren't looking so good for Riccon's wang.

*Stop killing dire wolves! Jon and Arya's are the only two left now, right? Does Bran still have his? They haven't shown it this season.

*I'm still loving these flashbacks. Young Eddard was good casting.

*Jon Snow vs Ramsey? Yaaasss!

This season is shaping up quite nicely. I'm pretty sure they are trying to throw us off guard in order to pull the rug out from under us, but the ride is great so far.

RIP Wildling chick. Not that anyone thought she was actually gonna get out of that place alive.

Khaleesi's story jsut got kicked up a notch too. I honestly wasn't giving a shit about her, but it's gonna be fun to see now that her army just got a fucking MASSIVE boost in numbers.

S6E4

Yaaas khaleesi!

*Total fucking tease with the return of Tonks. Damned Ramsey. But maybe we'll get to see what her and Riccon were up to in one of Bran's flashbacks.

*I wonder what new old totes naked khaleesi will think of Tyrion's peace plans when she rides back into Mereen with a nation of Dothraki. Likely she won't take to it well. She's also gonna be pissed all her boats got burnt to hell.

*Seems Melisandre's vision about Jon fighting at Winterfell will come true. I wonder how Littlefinger's plans will play in to this. I'm guessing he'll fight with the Jon's Wildlings against Bolton then turn on them.

*Brienne is a fucking pimp. Ohai.I executed your false king.

slight book spoilers

Anyone else see the two big themes? 1) Lots of brother and sister scenes. I honestly am not sure at this point what the significance is--it's been a while since I've read the books so I might be forgetting something. However, the theme was repeated so many times in the last episode, there MUST be some reason for it. 2) Danys scene where she emerges from the fire was VERY similar to Jon emerging from the room after his resurrection. Now BOTH of them have a group of previously unruly followers who think of them as gods. STRONG evidence for R+L=J And also potential for the direction the story might be headed. What if the 3 heads of the dragon united the ENTIRE WORLD to defeat The Others? Thoughts?

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
thpoilerth

slight book spoilers

Anyone else see the two big themes? 1) Lots of brother and sister scenes. I honestly am not sure at this point what the significance is--it's been a while since I've read the books so I might be forgetting something. However, the theme was repeated so many times in the last episode, there MUST be some reason for it. 2) Danys scene where she emerges from the fire was VERY similar to Jon emerging from the room after his resurrection. Now BOTH of them have a group of previously unruly followers who think of them as gods. STRONG evidence for R+L=J And also potential for the direction the story might be headed. What if the 3 heads of the dragon united the ENTIRE WORLD to defeat The Others? Thoughts?

book spoiler

So if Jon and Dany are two heads of the dragon then who is the third? From the sounds coming from that tower (labor pains?) it certainly looks like Bran is on his way to seeing a flashback that confirms R+L=J this season. I still haven't read DoD, but I'm guessing R+L=J is still technically just a theory in the books and hasn't been confirmed. Other than Jon's return, I'm guessing this confirmation of R+L=J would be another thing the series "spoils" for book readers.

• Upvote 1