Hondo's Bar

A Game of Thrones

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There's bits of that which irk me as a book reader.

At the same time, I can't fucking wait and I need it now.

I'm agreeing with all that, but more so the latter than the former. I think the showrunners made it clear last season they will be straying more and more from the books. So far, I'm okay with like 90-95% of the changes from the book. It's the omissions--like Eddard's dream from S1 and Strong Belwas from S4--that bug me most.

I like that we're getting the Varys and Tyrion team up in S5. Plus it's nice to have some surprises in the show. I've really gotta get my shit together and finish reading A Dance With Dragons by April.

• 2 months later...

Drogon Towers, Tyrion Broods, & Jon Still Knows Nothing In Latest GAME OF THRONES Stills

118403.jpg

In three days time, the epic fifth season of HBO's hit fantasy seriesGame of Thrones premieres! Thirteen new stills from the upcoming season have been released featuring Drogon and Daenerys bonding, Tyrion and Jon brooding alone, Margaery & Cersei exchanging looks, and more! Check it out!

Follow Rohan:

CBMBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png

By Rohan Patel - 4/9/2015

y00ZmnQ.png

nrn4Qtj.jpg

uwGCHUU.jpg

KaMNiV1.jpg

7Azf1Ct.jpg

0VksHSJ.jpg

MW7zYxk.jpg

DUTxgWV.jpg

Holy fuck, that is a badass looking dragon. Totally worth the build up. Between Daredevil tonight/tomorrow and Game of Thrones on Sunday. This is going to be an incredible weekend of television.

Edited by alive she cried

• 2 weeks later...

I've been avoiding them pretty well so far. No fb spoilers so far. And is it just me or does there seem like there's less excitement around the show this year? I dunno, maybe there's so much going on with DD, Ultron, and all these new trailers that it's muffled the buzz for me. Maybe that'll change as the season goes on.

S5E2

The stuff happening around the Wall is still my favorite part of the show. Self-pity is not Tyrion's bag. Ya boy needs to get back in the game. Mother of Dragons is also boderline boring. It's not bad, but I used to consider Daeny's story my favorite part of the show and books, but it's becoming more and more distant from Jon & the Wall in terms of interest for me. Also this seemed like a set up episode. I hope we get to see more of Dorn and the Sand Snakes in E3. I guess I could just DL it but I'm fighting the temptation so far.

I don't think there's less excitement so much as the season is starting off slow. The first two episodes did barely anything for me, I'm gonna need to watch the leaked ones soon to see if it picks up. It's only two episodes though so I'm not worried. Just didn't really start off with a bang.

Jamie is more pussy whipped for his sister than Barry is for Iris.

Also digging the Dorne stuff. I hope that setup pays off (or pays back wink wink)

John G. or one of his minions wiped our posts for that start of last season. But if he hadn't I'd be quoting us saying the exact same thing about last season...

Shit your hat, ASC. TIM G. is the name of the filthy bastard. Tim G. : may his name be reviled until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, and the seas go dry and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

Leaked ep spoiler

Jorah is a dipshit

Yeah, D-Bag move on Jorah's part in da boat.

But I gotta feelin' Kahleesi will take him back now that Greyworm and Ser Selmy are dead. Next week looks like we get the episode the S5 promo art is inspired by w/ Tyrion looking out on a foggy sky filled with dragon.

And I guess we're only getting 3 Sandsnakes on the TV show. I think there were 7 in the book. I like the Jamie Bron duo almost as much as Tyrion and Bron. Also, Tyrion/Jorah is the worst duo since Reek/Ramsey.

Cue Ed Sheeren's "I See Fire."

PS

New meme.

2vczduz.png?w=650

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
meme dey it is

S5E5: squeee!

game-of-thrones-dragon.gif?w=650

Also, Snoop be trippin', y'all.

Judging from your contribution to the Season 5 “Game of Thrones” mixtape, it seems as though you’re a big fanboy.

Most definitely. When they asked me to do the track, I was more than honored because I’m truly a fan of the show. I would have done it for free, but they gave me some money on top of it, so I was like, “F - - k it, let’s do it!” I watch it for historic reasons, to try to understand what this world was based on before I got here. I like to know how we got from there, to here, and the similarities between then and now.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
Snoop cray