Hondo's Bar

A Game of Thrones

Well, they did the whole wolf-head thing. Ugh. That was the most disturbing part of the whole thing for me when I read the books. It felt like taking a massive beating, and then someone coming up and kicking me hard in the only spot left that wasn't already busted up. It was the thing that hammered home the fact that Robb was really really really dead. Also, it was just extra vicious. The show upped the ante by having Arya see it. Well done showrunners. Other parts of the episode, I was a little disappointed in, and I have to say that is the first time. I can't go in to why, because some of it is intertwined with book stuff--so I hope that the show makes it clear why they went in certain directions next season. I'm sure they will--they always have before when they deviate. So I gues our watch begins again...

Nice gif DOJ. As this show goes on, I'll have to be sure not to check this thread before breakfast again.

Kind of an underwhelming finale, but I think it was needed after last week.

Really? There was a lot that went on. I loved it. then again, it's likely b/c several of the things that I missed from the books that I thought the showrunners omitted from the last episode showed up in the finale. Also, we got to see kahleesi nearly invent crowd surfing.

Fucking Arya just keeps getting more awesome.

If by awesome you mean a heartbroken, hate fueled agent of death, then yes. Don't get me wrong, she's one of my favorite characters, but...

I felt more sympathy for her situation than excitement. Having her actually witness her brother's decapitated corpse trotted around with his direwolf's head mounted on his body was fucking heartbreaking. In the book she only hears stories and never has to witness it herself. First her dad and now her oldest brother, poor kid.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
valar morgulis

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching this and I burned through all three seasons in about a week. All I can say is the hype was justified. A good plot that takes its time and builds characters brick by brick.

I can't remember an episode of a TV show that so thoroughly took the wind out of my sails as Red Wedding. THAT episode of The Walking Dead comes close.