Hondo's Bar

A Game of Thrones

That episode made the season for me.

Yeah, anything else these last two episodes will be lagniappe in my book. Next two episodes we'll likely see...

Cersei and Margery's trials by the Sparrows and Septons. Arya do her first assassination for the ManyFacedGod and Jorah in a gladiator sequence kick ass. I'm guessing Daeny's Dragons do something too as the episode is entitled "A Dance of Dragons." Ramsey's attack on Stannis. Jon's return to Castle Black. And something will happen in Dorn. Hopefully we'll see more of dem boobies.

And hopefully we'll see Varys make it to Team Kahlessi & Tyrion. Also hoping to finally see Brienne and Pod do something this season. There are a couple of big characters from the books that have yet to be revealed in the show--one in particular with relation to Brienne and Pod I'm hoping will make an appearance in the season finale.

Seriously though, that was a great episode.

The Danaerys/Tyrion scenes were flawless I thought. Great to finally see them onscreen with each other. And the damn White Walker battle delivered big time.. They managed to make a sequence that wasn't only action packed and exciting, but terrifying as well. The way the Walkers moved, especially the mostly bone ones was creepy as hell to me. Plus it showed that there is a proper way to show all of the action AND do a shaky cam sequence. Definitely the best of the season so far. High hops for the next 2 episodes! And yea, I do wanna see more of the giant as well... but those zombies were anything but boring yo!

And don't forget Cersei's scenes!

Her getting smacke don the head with a ladel and drinking up dungeon water like a mongrel. Oh, that finery has done been stripped. Well played, High Sparrow.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
thpoilerth

FE3OPEM.gif

Cause I'm running out of tolerance for this bullshit. Though I am theorizing that the red witch brings him back somehow. Dude's head was still intact after all.

I hear ya.

Was anyone else screaming at the TV, "Ah! Sop fucking stabbing Jon Snow!"

Also, "Et tu Oll-ay?"

And like axels, I'm hoping that raging thundercunt Melissandre will do something actually useful in her life and bring the Lord Commander back to life Thoros of Myr style. I know from Net spoilers Jon's death apparently went down differently in the book, but I like the idea of Melissandre doing something useful/positive for once.

Kit Harrington has said he's not coming back "next season" but that could either be a white lie to avoid spoilers or a clever way of saying he'll return in season 7.

Also, for Panch.

sand-snake-strip-tease1.gif?w=600&h=335

:troll:

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
His watch has ended?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Season 5 cleaned up at the Emmy's this year.

After five seasons HBO's epic "Game of Thrones" won its first best-drama award Sunday night at the 67th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, besting the final season of four-time winner "Mad Men" in a mild upset.

The sprawling medieval fantasy show also won Emmys on Sunday for writing, directing and for supporting actor Peter Dinklage, who plays the scorned scion of a powerful family who is forced to survive by his wits. In total, "Thrones" won 12 Emmys in 2015, the most ever by a series in a single year.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just posted about this in the book thread, but that place is kinda dead, so I thought I'd repost in here. S6 of GOT will likely spoil Book 6 of SOIAF, aka Winds of Winter, as GRRM still hasn't finished the friggin' book. Here is an excerpt from his very long blog post on his website.

I am going back to my stance from last March, before all this. [Winds of Winter] will be done when it's done. And it will be as good as I can possibly make it.

Having said all that, I know what the next question will be, because hundreds of you have already asked it of me. Will the show 'spoil' the novels?

Maybe. Yes and no. Look, I never thought the series could possibly catch up with the books, but it has. The show moved faster than I anticipated and I moved more slowly. There were other factors too, but that was the main one. Given where we are, inevitably, there will be certain plot twists and reveals in season six of GAME OF THRONES that have not yet happened in the books. For years my readers have been ahead of the viewers. This year, for some things, the reverse will be true. How you want to handle that... hey, that's up to you...

... The case of GAME OF THRONES and A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE is perhaps unique. I can't think of any other instance where the movie or TV show came out as the source material was still being written. So when you ask me, "will the show spoil the books," all I can do is say, "yes and no," and mumble once again about the butterfly effect. Those pretty little butterflies have grown into mighty dragons. Some of the 'spoilers' you may encounter in season six may not be spoilers at all... because the show and the books have diverged, and will continue to do so.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Wow. That must sting like a motherfucker for those who jumped on the books back in the day.

This is exactly what I feared, and the only reason why I haven't read the books yet. For me, and I'm only assuming on book readers parts here, if the identity of who is sitting on the Iron Throne is revealed in the show before the books? Ohhh, it ain't gonna be pretty.

I have a friend who jumped back on the SoIaF books back in the early 2000s and is totally avoiding the HBO show for just that reason, ASC. I jumped on board the books after S1 of GOT, so I'm not too sure how I feel on the series outrunning the books. I did really enjoy reading three of the books before the series aired on HBO. But I didn't read book 5, so there were some real shockers in S5 of GOT for me. I didn't really find one experience less enjoyable than the other. Although, like you wrote, I can see how people who have been reading these books for over a decade would be pisssssssssssed a TV show could "spoil" any plot points in future books for them.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 2 months later...