Hondo's Bar

A Game of Thrones

Snoop isn't about ya'lls classroom-taught whitewashed history #staywoke

this last ep tho

so we learned that rich people with masks & daggers can fuck up the unsullied and take out the badass old man

also top dog unsullied is a sucker for love apparently

stannis the mannis needs to fuck these boltons up good & proper but you know shit's gonna go sideways

can't wait for my grrl arya to come out the dojo next ep, also fuck happened to hodor & the kids?

I never really hated Ramsey even though he was a crazy, sadistic fucker because, ya know, torturing Theon for the rest of his life seemed like a just punishment. But now? Now, the Bolton's can't die horribly enough.

And after that last shot of his weeping face as he watches Sansa getting raped essentially, I now feel sorry for him. Damn you for making me feel sorry for Theon fucking Greyjoy, Benioff & Weiss. A-holes.

I'm with Nick here. If you only just turned against the Bolton's now? Ye need to take a long look in the mirror.

As horrific as that last scene was, I don't understand how the sustained torture of a man. Consisting of such things as, slicing and peeling the flesh off his finger until he begged for it to be chopped off. Cutting off his dick and dehumanising him until he has become basically an animal, is somehow not as disgusting.

Theon Greyjoy was a cunt already. He made his bed when he betrayed the Starks, his own family by that point basically. Sansa though has been through all sorts of mental hell since Ned got his head chopped off. Her sustained mental torture is just as stomach churning as the physical stuff Theon endured, only thing is she doesn't deserve a bit of it.

Granted, I've never been on team Bolton. From the get-go they have proven to be possibly the most terrible family on the show. We didn't need to Ramsay to rape Sansa to further solidify that. Just felt like a cheap thing to put in there for emotional effect.

Torture is always awful when portrayed as realistic as that, I don't care what the character did I'd never be able to cheer it.

Regarding Sansa, I couldn't disagree more. First it helped further the hatred we have for the Bolton's and show them again to be vile monsters. It gave us the chance to show that Theon is still in there somewhere, I loved when he presented himself as Theon of House Greyjoy and Ward of Eddard Stark (for me that was his apology to Sansa (not saying it meant anything to her, but I think he was trying)). And also, what did you think was going to happen when Ramsey took Arya to bed? A passionate romantic romp? His father killed her brother, mother, sister in law, unborn nephew, uncle and granduncle. She was never going to be "into" it. It was either show/listen to it or just cut to Ramsey leaving, saying out loud to himself "God I love me some wife rape".

Edited by alive she cried

I dunno man. It's difficult to put into words, but the feeling I got at the end of the episode wasn't what I imagine was the feeling the creators intended. Sure I was disgusted and it was terrible, but it wasn't shocking. It wasn't surprising. It wasn't interesting. It just felt like bad writing and the best time for them to say "ok NOW she can get raped." God knows I don't expect sunshine and roses from Game of fucking Thrones, but I do expect at least ONE win every once in a while. It tickles my dick that Tyrion is still alive, but that's not much compensation for how they are doing things--

On second thought maybe this is the exact reaction they were going for...

As gross as it was, let's be honest... it wasn't rape. They're married. This world is all about "the olden days" where men had their way with their women. It was shocking because of how it went down. Ramsey is a sick fuck and they're not letting up on this fact. He'll get his (Joffery's "just desserts" is proof these writers aren't total cunts). Still, this is Game of Thrones and they're gonna take it to every extreme before they right the wrongs.

also can we talk about some sloppy shit going down

Sersei or whatever if fucking the game of thrones right up...ya'll are broke, dragons on the way, you've burned a previous ally and now you're fucking with the purse strings? all the smart lannisters are dead or exiled

also the whole cult rise to power seems rushed/bullshity to me, the OG king wouldn'tve even shown up for that shit. and yeah, that's not the kinda thing that'll bite you in the ass cersi, good one there

oh and snaketown dorian? its apparently a vengeful princess, a prince, a few guards and 3 chicks that can't fight...which is fine, since jaime pretty much decided to rush in with no plan like a first time metal gear solid player

all this plus danyrys (sp?) losing her best man - and the next one becoming useless - in mindless sidequests over in slavetown, a place she already liberated

i'm enjoying the show, but parts are feeling sloppy to me. also: panch: that was rape, man

Did she fucking agree to get married? Did she not show up for the ceremony? Did she not follow dude to their bedchambers? She knew what was gonna happen. Dude threw a monkey wrench into the proceedings by making Dickless Wonder watch. Even then, she only said no to the third party. Not the sex. Poor Sansa, Ramsey's not much into foreplay.

not really trynna derail this, but: married women can get raped. anyone that has sex without consent can. sanza was raped, and more overtly than say jamie & cerci last season

Jamie and Cersei was a big uproar on the Interwebs. I plan to re-watch S3 & S4 this summer, so imma have to hold comment until I refresh my memory on that scene. However...

certainly by the standards of the world the show is set in what Ramsey did was not rape. And by our modern day standards, I'm not even sure if you can completely qualify what Ramsey did to Sansa as rape. She didn't resist; she didn't even verbally object. Sansa knew what was going to happen on her wedding night when she agreed in that carriage a few episodes back to go to Winterfell as part of Littlefinger's plan. [speaking of which, that motherfucker. I'm not sure if he's lying to Cersei or Sansa. Fuck, it was so much easier when I just wanted Joffery to die on this show!] So what Ramsey did to her was by no means right or just, but Sansa was technically consenting and aware of what was going to happen when she returned from the Godswood.

What made Ramsey fucking Sansa so repugnant, , aside from his speech to Theon about why he wanted Theon to watch, is that Ramsey is a sick twisted bastard (literally) and his family has figuratively fucked over the Starks and now here he is literally fucking Sansa. What makes that scene so horrid is not that it is or isn't rape, it's that the bad guys are winning--AGAIN. And the bad guys know it and enjoy it. And we know they know and enjoy it. It's Sansa not putting a hidden dagger in Ramsey's eye or Theon going Iron Born on him before the "consummation" begins like we were all hoping. It's that it happened. That's the horrid thing going on in that scene really. It happened.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
Bolton sunsabitches

iv9KUqvs6WR9Y.gif

1) it's a fantasy setting; not really interested in "the standards the world is set in" where slavery, murder, and yes, rape are both considered commonplace as some kind've a justifier for a fictional tale viewed in 2015

2) again, no, it was not consenting. no one is owed sex, and no, going back to wedding chambers does not permit what happened - she did not want to do that, certainly not in front of Theon. she was coerced and did so out of fear, that really should be obvious.

3) the fact that you think rape requires either what someone other than the victim perceives as "resistance" or "verbal objection" kinda ties back to that rape culture thread i didn't wanna link to/incite but here we are

4) uproar on the interwebs if you needs it

TL;DR it was rape, no idea why you guys wanna make a single horrifying thing here a point of contention though

• Upvote 2