Hondo's Bar

Batman: The Dark Knight

Pencils. They won't be the same ever again. So badass!

Loved it!

Another scene that had me chuckling was when

the chinese guy was left on the steps of the precinct with the sign that said, "Deliver to Lt. Gordon"

Come to think of it...my only real complaint and its not even complaining because it still rocked was that

the movie could've ended when they revealed two-face...but the extra 1/2 hour of awesomeness was worth it

I went back and rewatched those burton ones and man, I really have a different impression now. I used to think the first two were really good and the series went down hill from there. Upon reviewing now I don't like either of them. I guess these new versions aren't helping those look good.

This was incredible, I really like it, and have no complaints. except the part

Batman becomes Daredevil. That shit made me smile on the inside.

Ledger was pure gold.

Your are so right Fluff,

I was crazy for the 1989 Tim Burton movie, the first one blew my mind. Anton Furst's Gothic architecture still some of the best I have ever seen on film. It was so cool to see a dark Batman, it was cool to see a kick-ass batmobile. Jack's joker was great. I also felt that while the first Schumacher was fun. The second was an abomination so bad, that it almost killed the franchise altogether, luckily it only had rebooted by Nolan instead of killed.

After I saw the Burton movies, I began to devour more and more Batman books. I realized neither Burton nor Schumacher had ever read the books, what he created was a beautiful gothic fantasy movie. And Schumacher sent the Caped Crusader to broadway! They are wonderfully done, I still love Elfman's theme the Burton films. But not at all like the Batman of say Year One. I am so glad to see movies done by filmmakers who read and know what the characters are about.

Ledger's joker is the Joker from "Killing Joke" and "Arkham Asylum", a truly deranged psychotic killer capable of anything, with no morals or compassion.

Edited by Dark Kaniggit

Ledger did a very different yet interesting and appropriate interpretation of The Joker.

A darned shame not to see him run it again :(

Best Batman Movie yet, even better than the older Tim Burton Batman.

True dat. I really saw his potential in this movie and its a crying shame that we dont get to see how his career would have escalated. Truly an actor that was taken before his peak.

My god, that was a helluva movie.

Some thoughts (just so I get to use the spoiler tags in this thread, finally):

I also don't think that Two Face's half suit was a necessary reference to the comic, but I appreciate that they tried to give it some real-world reason to exist (it was burned when he was and, escaping a hospital, I guess he didn't have many other choices of wardrobe).

At first I wasn't satisfied with what they did with Two Face. I thought they did a great job with the look and Eckhart was absolutely fantastic, but it seemed like a character who didn't get to do much and was put to rest far too soon. For being the second best villain in the Batman canon, it felt almost like they wasted his potential. In retrospect, though, I think they did a perfect job. The film Two Face is so different from the one in the books. He's not a grandiose villain, just a good guy who - as the Joker would have put it - had one bad day and cracked. What he becomes and the things he does at the end of the film are much more chilling and satisfying than any Two Face-centric movie would have been.

Holy crap, Batman dropped a guy off a freakin' building! The collective "oh shit!" sound that my audience gave out when that guy's legs hit was just delicious.

I don't mind long epic-length movies when they're good - at least I feel like I'm getting my 11 bucks worth - but they probably could have trimmed out the Hong Kong subplot pretty easily without hurting the story. It was fun, but I'm not sure where Nolan thought he was going with it. It felt like a fifteen minute side trip for a three minute plot point.

So I'm not the only one who half-expected Gordon to call Bats a "guardian devil" in his final speech, am I? I also kinda think it needed a final shot of his son looking up at him and saying "uh, dad...what does that even mean?"

"Hi, I'm Anthony Michael Hall, and I don't really get to do anything in this film."

I was the only one who did, but I literally laughed out loud when Wayne asked Fox for a new suit and Fox replied with "ah, so you want to be able to turn your head." I've been complaining about that since '89!

And I can't help it, I'll never get over it...Batmanuel is in a Batman movie. That just unravels the fabric of the universe.

Edited by Silent Bob

Some thoughts (just so I get to use the spoiler tags in this thread, finally):

Yes SiBob spoiler tag away! Feel free!

For your viewing Pleasure The mayor of Gotham City. "Now they are going to come after you."

Could the Joker have messed him up worse than this?

batmanuel2cs1.jpg

The Tick an excellent show canceled before it ever had a chance!

SB: I don't mind long epic-length movies when they're good - at least I feel like I'm getting my 11 bucks worth - but they probably could have trimmed out the Hong Kong subplot pretty easily without hurting the story. It was fun, but I'm not sure where Nolan thought he was going with it. It felt like a fifteen minute side trip for a three minute plot point.

i personally dug Metal Gear Batman. but yeah, it was pretty out there & took a bit just to show you the lengths he was willing to go to now.

SB again here: I was the only one who did, but I literally laughed out loud when Wayne asked Fox for a new suit and Fox replied with "ah, so you want to be able to turn your head." I've been complaining about that since '89!

that was right up there with "what did you want to wear, logan: yellow spandex?"