Hondo's Bar

Actual Suggestion Box

The NZA

• 1 month later...

I think this happened before and fixed itself after a day or so but I changed my avatar earlier and it still shows my old one. When I go into settings its as if nothings wrong and the avatar has been changed but not the case with posts.

EDIT: Oh for fuck sake...damn sassy avatar makin a liar outta me.

Edited by crimsonfire

• 4 weeks later...

I took a look into the ACP to see if it was something in there and, if it was, something I could fix, but alas I don't think I have the permissions to dig that deep into the rabbit hole. Or in Hondos' case Alice's belly button. *shiver*. But our beloved Warden- I mean, leader- is all about that one. Sorry Dudes.

no chattin'. but ASC's point was made.

newt/sig - your groups have the same access to private messages as any, though i just increased your max by a bit. what error are you getting when trying to send one? its likely that your mailbox is full; delete old ones you dont want and any in your "sent" folder, im guessing that should do it.

as for town square modship, sig - just triple checked, and your options to pin, unpin, merge, etc (the usual) are still enabled man, so im thinking you might not be totally sure how to use em? for instance, your last post in this topic (before this one) was # 714, says so in a little box to the top-right hand corner that im hoping is visible to you (or at least would be in town square). next to that, you should see a checkbox, you'd click that on any posts you want split, for however many pages as applies, and then click the box that says "split topic", its a drop-down box at the bottom-right of the page above where youd see "add reply/new topic" etc buttons. that help?

ok, scratch all that (though you should clear out PM space when you can to help our server limit). I see the problem now...you guys really oughta copy/screencap these errors when you see em.

What happened is explained here; basically, spammers were exploiting the private messaging system and flooding other boards, so they disabled the feature until we upgrade/patch our software to prevent this, which i just in a request to have done - not sure their hours on weekends, so bear with me here.

that said, im usually reluctant to upgrade 'cause of all our custom mods, so once this thing kicks in, if things look funky and shit like our shotbox, etc aren working, gimme a bit and hopefully we'll get it ironed out.

christ, but i hate this part. at least its to stop the dirty spammers.

yeah, i know you've said it, and you're not wrong. i wish they hadnt locked things down like that, but at least it got worked out.

its just, if we leave them, 1) im uncertain wherever i go will hold up as well to traffic, 2) we have to pay like a few hundred bucks for the board's license, and 3) tech support will be on me/us as far as patches, updates, etc, as well as backups/help when hacked. its a whimsical idea, but feels like a pipe dream for the time being, no?

• 1 month later...

Hey, Firefoxe users (should be most of you):

ok, so the board's next version, which i prolly wont get for a while to come even when it is done, still doesnt look to include a sort've autosave draft feature (think gmail, or MS word) but i may've found a work around. Try this add-on, its recommended and swears it auto-saves and can put back lost text from crashes & such:

Lazarus Form Recovery

While you're at it, might save you some time to try this one out, automatically loads the next page for you in the background:

Autopager

let me know what you think, if they're as good for the board's use as im hoping.

Hey, Firefoxe users (should be most of you):

ok, so the board's next version, which i prolly wont get for a while to come even when it is done, still doesnt look to include a sort've autosave draft feature (think gmail, or MS word) but i may've found a work around. Try this add-on, its recommended and swears it auto-saves and can put back lost text from crashes & such:

Lazarus Form Recovery

While you're at it, might save you some time to try this one out, automatically loads the next page for you in the background:

Autopager

let me know what you think, if they're as good for the board's use as im hoping.

Excellent, thanks a lot man. that auto pager is fantastic

cool, glad someone's trying it and liking it. ive installed lazarus, not yet implemented it - if anyone sorts it out, lemme know. i still think it could save a lot of headaches with losing your posts.

• 4 weeks later...