Hondo's Bar

Hondo's @ World of Warcraft

The NZA

Irony in the World of Warcraft:

1) I accepted a quest to kill murlocs and turn in their fins for a bounty. I felt all kinds of dirty and almost didn't take the quest. I mean, I'm ripping fins off the quasi-intelligent creatures I just murdered for money.

The best part? As soon as I accept this ethnic cleansing misson, the govt employee who gave it to me says, "Go with honor, friend."

2) I'm in Stormwind city on my way to a mission and I spot 2 dwarf ambassadors in the corner. I stop to talk to them and they have nothing much to say. When the conversation ends, they say, "Keep your feet on the ground", at which point, I walk the 20 yards to the Gryphon master and fly off.

3) Not so much irony as absurdity. I fell off a waterfall into the northern Veiled Sea and died. I sent my ghost to the body and the ghost fell off the waterfall too. So I was left swimming around, as an elf wisp, in the sea with no way back to land because of the massive cliffs. So I decided I would have to swim around the whole fucking island to find the dock in the south.

After 5 minutes of constant swimming, my fatigue meter pops up and a little message tells me that when the meter runs out I'll start to drown.

I did.

And then reappeared in the cemetery as a wisp again.

=================================================================

Hey, those of you playing Sisters of Elune server.

I'm thinking of coming to join you guys, but I noticed it's an RP server. How seriously do you have to take the RP on those servers?

------------------------------

Lycaon, I couldn't find a server on the list named Arthas. Maybe its my screwy eyes missing it, but is that the full name?

Irony in the World of Warcraft:

1) I accepted a quest to kill murlocs and turn in their fins for a bounty. I felt all kinds of dirty and almost didn't take the quest. I mean, I'm ripping fins off the quasi-intelligent creatures I just murdered for money.

The best part? As soon as I accept this ethnic cleansing misson, the govt employee who gave it to me says, "Go with honor, friend."

------------------------------

Lycaon, I couldn't find a server on the list named Arthas. Maybe its my screwy eyes missing it, but is that the full name?

Murloc are scum! Kill them all! ... Except the young. They're cute. Make them into pets.

Yeah, Arthas is the full name. Its a pvp server, don't know if that'll make any difference to your search.

Hey, those of you playing Sisters of Elune server.

I'm thinking of coming to join you guys, but I noticed it's an RP server. How seriously do you have to take the RP on those servers?

Not serious at all. At least that's how it is on Earthen Ring. A very small fraction of people actually RP, the rest act like any other server. In my experience, there are slightly fewer idiots on an RP server than a normal server...but only slightly.

OK, is this normal?!

I just got bought the retail version of the game and installed it.

FIrst time I connect it says downloading patch.

Cool.

Then it starts a 3.2 GIGAbyte download.

WTF?

THat's a patch?

Is this what's supposed to happen?

anyways, I'm at 5% DLing at about 1 megabyte every ten seconds or so, so that means 30 000 seconds left which is about 500 minutes.

Edited by Jumbie

OK, is this normal?!

I just got bought the retail version of the game and installed it.

FIrst time I connect it says downloading patch.

Cool.

Then it starts a 3.2 GIGAbyte download.

WTF?

THat's a patch?

Is this what's supposed to happen?

anyways, I'm at 5% DLing at about 1 megabyte every ten seconds or so, so that means 30 000 seconds left which is about 500 minutes.

Yeah, when I played the trial it gave me that 3gig patch too. Least that cursed shit is off my harddrive now.

heh nice.

I had put the game down for close to a year. Then I picked it up when WotLK came out. I jumped servers and am now on Nordrassil as an 80 Human Rogue. It's a Normal server, and it's West Coast. I haven't played for a couple of weeks, though.

May have lost interest, or I might just switch to casual. But really, after 80, you have nothing to do but rep and raids. And I'm finished with Rep...eh.

Couple pics of my time in WoW...

These two guys ambush travelers on the road in the Red Ridge mountains. I decided to give em a taste of their own medicine.

1242607691.jpg

This blue guy just got up on top the mailbox and did a dance for everyone. His moves were pretty impressive. My character doesn't dance in the same sexual way he does, so it was weird. Maybe because of his race? :blink:

Anyways, he was at it for a good five minutes and people were giving him MONEY to keep goin.

1242697139.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's something weird: I was getting a bit bored with the questing and killing...

...And then I discovered the auction house.

Now I'm playing this game more for making imaginary money selling imaginary stuff I make than for killing imaginary monsters...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah... and this lv 4 newbie rushes up to me in Stormwind city and says, "Please, do you have any money you could spare?"

I told him, "Get a job, you bum."

I had sympathy for the newbie, though, because I'm still a newbie myself, so I explained the profession system to him and told him where to get trained.

So, he did end up getting a job.

Edited by Jumbie