Hondo's Bar

Final Fantasy VII Remake

BaKa_nO_kUrO_nEkO

I heard that FF7 Advent Childern would be realeasing March 14 ten days before the US release of the psp

1UP.com are reporting a release date of 14 March for the movie....[FF7 Snowboard minigame goes mobile

The ever popular FF7 Snowboarding mini-game goes mobile.

Like in the original, this mobile version has you racing down mountains whilst trying to collect balloons and dodging moogles and other obstacles

i'm looking forward for this classic release...I also heard that a cellphone game is being made of the story before the the orginal ff7 it called before crisis "http://www.square-enix.co.jp/mobile/bcff7.html"...

The snowboarding mini-game? I forgot bout that one...i kept playing Cloud on the bike, the damn arena one, and this "feed some moogle" game....

Also, if youre as hyped as i am about Advent Children, be sure to check this thread, Silent Bob put up some great pics. 3/14 in japan!? Man, i wonder how long the fansub's gonna take before i can torrent it...

• 2 weeks later...
Advent Children News

Update by: Cloud Strider. Wednesday, March 23 2005.

A recent interview from www.gamesindustry.biz concerning Final Fantasy: Advent Children has revealed some much needed information to put some rumors to rest.

First of all, the length of the film, which was first planned to be 20 to 30 minutes, has now extended to 70 minutes. Something they were not planning. In their own words ' we set out to create a collection of clips more than a feature film'.

Also, the original staff of FFVII working on Advent Children include: Mr Kitase (Producer), Mr Nomura (Director), Mr Nojima (Script Writer) and also Mr Naora (Art Director).

And to my disappointment about the www.7up.com release date for Advent Children, a fixed date has not been set. They are also preparing for the announcement for the release as well as the locations.

Question have also been asked about a possible remake of the original game. Square-Enix replied with ' nothing so far. We have to make Advent Children first'.

As for the question whether or not Advent Children will be released in theatres. It has been said that there are some ideas about it. Square-Enix is making the film, but they are using other companies to release the film.

• 2 weeks later...
As for the question whether or not Advent Children will be released in theatres. It has been said that there are some ideas about it. Square-Enix is making the film, but they are using other companies to release the film.

I sincerely doubt it. After the whole fiasco with Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within when it came out in theaters, I think it will go straight to DVD. :D

The snowboarding mini-game? I forgot bout that one...i kept playing Cloud on the bike, the damn arena one, and this "feed some moogle" game....

Oh yeah! I remember the moogle feeding one. I think it was called "Mog's Adventure" or something like that. My main favorite was the Submarine attack game, the one you can play after you get the submarine.

I also loved the Chocobo races, those were pretty addicting, except when you had to race that Mexican-looking guy (forget his name, started with a T).

• 1 month later...

Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus Revealed (PS2)

Yes more and more spin offs. It seems that X2 opened a new door for square. So there going to milk the hell out of Final Fantasy oh well I'm a fan as long as its good you know :D

Weekly Jump magazine has the latest scoop regarding an all new Final Fantasy VII spin off title for PS2, featuring gunman Vincent Valentine as the central character, in the works over at Square Enix.

All part of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII project, Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus is said to take place one year after the "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children" movie which will be available on DVD and PSP.

The mysterious follow-up to Final Fantasy VII was first revealed in July of 2004. This supposed sequel to Cloud's epic adventure uncharacteristically utilizes the same universe, heroes, and villains as the 1996 PSOne RPG. Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus revolves around a mysterious group called the DGs who are attacking peaceful towns in the world.

So far Dirge of Cerberus has a tentative Japanese release date for 2005, but no date has been announced for Europe or North America, nor has a specific "genre" been attributed to the game.

Stay tuned for more updates as next week's Tokyo Game

Edited by BaKa_nO_kUrO_nEkO

Im excited, but didnt play through X2, so i think it can go either way...a lotta old-school fans'd be interested in a followup to say VI, but recapturing the magic could be daunting.

Either way, thanks for the heads-up baka.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

as the description suggests, i would be a die hard fan of final fantasy seven

despite the blocky graphics (especially the lack of hands) it had possibly the best story line to any of the games to date

it was intensely expansive too, unlike the more linear releases to date,

the materia system was just brilliant and the levelling system is just awesome unlike the crappy spehere system in latter games (feck off final fantasy x)

the music too in this game was awesome,. nobou ueatsamu is a legend...

but yeah this is open for discussion, but most importantly... your opinion doesnt count (unless you agree)

Seven was alright, best RPG ever on the PS1 though was Xenogears. That game was far and away the best RPG of that generation. FFVII did tons for the blending of cinematics and gameplay (work that had started in previous generations on the first CD-ROM games), and it had some great moments.

FFVII was also the game that turned a generation on to RPGs, that's part of the reason it is so popular. It wasn't the best FF game (FFVI beat it hands down) but it came at a very vital time, and really pused the envelope of what we thought could be done in games.

Also, props for being the only FF where the characters actually curse. I thought that was a great touch.

Xenogears was just amazing! It was a longer game than VII, and it had one of the deepest, most touching storylines of any RPG ever. Some games have claimed to be epic love stories, Xenogears was the only one that actually fulfilled that claim.

As for Advent Children, it is really pretty, but the plot is ultimately useless.

8 and 9 were always my favourite.

and 10 mind you

ten... crap...

intensely linear

a map for every room you go into

ruining the exploration

graphically stunning yes, but thats where it ends

i admit, kefka is cooler than sephiroth, but sephiroth has the whole all conquering thing going for him

the main two things that drew me in were the materia system and the stunning plot...

as for advent children.... like all final fantasy movies.... stunning visually, sleep inducing in all other areas

Honestly Sonny, 10 was shit. I mean Auron was cool, Kimahri had his moments, and Lulu is one of the hottest video game characters in the history of... ever. But with long tedious quest even for a Final Fantasy game, horrible voice acting, most of the main characters being entirely abnoxious, dull storyline, linear gameplay, the sphere grid, and the most suck ending of a videogame ever. The bad just outweigh the good.

wow, there's a lot to disagree with on this thread.

VII - Overrated, but like bishop said, it got a lotta folks on board. Iconic cause Sephiroth was played as the antithesis, and cinematics were booming, handful of good songs (its not that Uematsu was lacking, the tracks just didnt fit as well as before), but where was the characterization i used to love? I still dont know why Yuffie or Cait Sith even showed up.

The materia system was a modification of the old job system, and peronsally im not a fan...i knida llike this person being a born summoner, this one's a white mage, this one does this etc so each charater has disctiniction, myself

VIII - Sorry sonny, this one let me down hard. Great opening, music and some fun, memorable moments early on (the hijacking the train, assasination attempt, etc) but a forced love story, plot that falls to ass by its end, and i hated having to build my weapons from that odd system...i was just really dissappointed. Theres at least 3 characters who were jsut groupies, no idea why they stayed.

IX - Shoutout to the old school fans. It was like the sendoff of the medieval stuff, and i remember having a blast with this more lighthearted game (which, as tradition almost dictates, also kinda fell apart towards the end, but not in a were-all-from-the-same-goddamn-orphanage-way), i remmeber haivng fun but not much else was memorable for me.

X - A mixed bag. I enjoyed it myself.

Tidus' gay voice was made up for by Auron, who was all the reason i was staying on board, cause i liked the idea of this mysterous Bruce Willis guy on my team. I wasnt as big on blitzball but it was a fun option....music was great, plot took longer than usual to fall apart.

honestly, i dont mean to be one of the old school elities, but im still holding out for something to dethrone VI. Youll mock the 16-bit graphics if you ddint play it in its day, but the plot was amazing, and characterization was incredible for what was allowed/doable at the time. Soundtrack was so fitting, i can listen to the OST and remember moments. Great vilian, strong ending, and for christs sake, this is the one that

a) had no central character and worked

b) you actually fail at saving the world, and you gotta deal with what's left.

Im hopeful for XII. Anyway, its just me, but im less a fan of the series. I wish Square was back in its time when it could try innovative shit like Parasite Eve, Brave Fencer Musashi, Bushido Blade, Tobal etc and not having to bank its entire line on FF.